Poyet must up bids to land Albion's Bridcutt and Buckley

The Argus: Liam Bridcutt is the subject of a bid from his old boss Gus Poyet at Sunderland Liam Bridcutt is the subject of a bid from his old boss Gus Poyet at Sunderland

Former Albion boss Gus Poyet will have to raise the stakes to re-sign midfield kingpin Liam Bridcutt and injured winger Will Buckley.

The Sunderland chief has tabled bids for both players, The Argus can confirm.

But offers of less than £2.5 million for Bridcutt and in excess of £1 million for Buckley are regarded as derisory by the Seagulls.

Head coach Oscar Garcia is keen to keep hold of the pair, with Albion outside the Championship play-off zone only on goal difference.

Oscar said: “All my squad are important and I want to keep as many players as we can.

“We are trying to have good players and to improve these players but the idea is to keep these players playing for us.”

Poyet’s interest in landing ex-Chelsea prospect Bridcutt to assist Sunderland’s Premier League relegation fight has been on the transfer agenda for some time.

The bid for Buckley is more unexpected, bearing in mind he is out of action for a month with more hamstring trouble, although Poyet never disguised his admiration during his Albion reign for the wide man he bought from Watford for £1 million.

Defender Adam El-Abd is not surprised two of his team-mates have been targeted by their old manager, whose successful tenure at The Amex ended in acrimony in the summer with his sacking for gross misconduct. El-Abd told The Argus: “The boys did well for him and they are good players, so they are going to attract interest.

“Obviously you just hope we keep hold of them but if we can’t it’s up to the group to pull together and make sure we don’t feel the loss of them, because if we do then the team and the club will suffer.”

Comments (46)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:17am Wed 1 Jan 14

Singing Seagull, Indonesia says...

Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se Singing Seagull, Indonesia

8:51am Wed 1 Jan 14

saraman says...

Watch for Bidcutt's body language today. 28,000 pairs of eyes will be on him.

Come on Albion, we need those 3 points today.

The Telegraph reports today that Bolton have posted debts of £164m. It just highlights the sense of FFP.
Watch for Bidcutt's body language today. 28,000 pairs of eyes will be on him. Come on Albion, we need those 3 points today. The Telegraph reports today that Bolton have posted debts of £164m. It just highlights the sense of FFP. saraman

8:54am Wed 1 Jan 14

BHA Dave says...

Usually just a viewer of these but come on Argus, scraping the barrel here. Why not cover this in yesterday's story?! Waste of time reading something you and us both knew yesterday! Yawn.......
Usually just a viewer of these but come on Argus, scraping the barrel here. Why not cover this in yesterday's story?! Waste of time reading something you and us both knew yesterday! Yawn....... BHA Dave

8:57am Wed 1 Jan 14

mark by the sea says...

Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
[quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league. mark by the sea

9:10am Wed 1 Jan 14

keswick says...

I would be more worried if Ulloa went. If the price is right for Bridcutt he will go it is as simple as that although the price is nowhere near what Poyet has reportedly offered. Double that plus. If someone wants to pay £1m + for Buckley and his dodgy hamstrings then take the money and run. Replace him with Conway and give Solly a chance. Use the money that is left to reinforce the back four either now or in the summer.
I would be more worried if Ulloa went. If the price is right for Bridcutt he will go it is as simple as that although the price is nowhere near what Poyet has reportedly offered. Double that plus. If someone wants to pay £1m + for Buckley and his dodgy hamstrings then take the money and run. Replace him with Conway and give Solly a chance. Use the money that is left to reinforce the back four either now or in the summer. keswick

9:28am Wed 1 Jan 14

Albion23 says...

Understand FFP. However if either or both lads go. We MUST replace no question, Conway imo, was superb for us. As a loan player he gave everything for the club.No matter what it takes sign the lad.We hear play off places ect, but if we don't keep a strong side with spirit it aunt going to happen. Lets not see it go t*ts up.
Good luck today lads...3 points please.
Understand FFP. However if either or both lads go. We MUST replace no question, Conway imo, was superb for us. As a loan player he gave everything for the club.No matter what it takes sign the lad.We hear play off places ect, but if we don't keep a strong side with spirit it aunt going to happen. Lets not see it go t*ts up. Good luck today lads...3 points please. Albion23

9:37am Wed 1 Jan 14

tug509 says...

So WB is contracted to us until 2017 and GP thinks 1m or slightly over ,is his worth ,even though that is what we paid for him two and a half years ago ,not forgetting that apparently he is better than Zaha . Bridcutt could play for Madrid ,and under GP was worth comfortably in excess of 5m ,so what does he offer ....3.5m for both ,i see GP is STILL practising gross misconduct ,well done poyet ,you can add me to the growing list of Albion supporters who have finally lost ALL remaining respect they had for you !. UTA
So WB is contracted to us until 2017 and GP thinks 1m or slightly over ,is his worth ,even though that is what we paid for him two and a half years ago ,not forgetting that apparently he is better than Zaha . Bridcutt could play for Madrid ,and under GP was worth comfortably in excess of 5m ,so what does he offer ....3.5m for both ,i see GP is STILL practising gross misconduct ,well done poyet ,you can add me to the growing list of Albion supporters who have finally lost ALL remaining respect they had for you !. UTA tug509

9:41am Wed 1 Jan 14

Alfie T says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year !
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.[/p][/quote]You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year ! Alfie T

9:47am Wed 1 Jan 14

Willie, Willie Irvine says...

Burley are reported to have bid £750k for Barnes. It's in The Mail so must be true...
Burley are reported to have bid £750k for Barnes. It's in The Mail so must be true... Willie, Willie Irvine

9:48am Wed 1 Jan 14

brighton bluenose says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
Don't be daft - Ulloa will shortly complete the first year of a four year contract and there would be UPROAR if he went anywhere!!
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.[/p][/quote]Don't be daft - Ulloa will shortly complete the first year of a four year contract and there would be UPROAR if he went anywhere!! brighton bluenose

9:57am Wed 1 Jan 14

mark by the sea says...

Alfie T wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year !
We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million.
Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen .
[quote][p][bold]Alfie T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.[/p][/quote]You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year ![/p][/quote]We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million. Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen . mark by the sea

9:57am Wed 1 Jan 14

brighton bluenose says...

This really is just a re-hash of yesterdays story that had itself been cribbed from the Independent and Telegraphs websites the previous evening with an added comment from El Abd after a short phone call from Naylor !
We all know of Poyets interest but whether an actual bid has been made I'm not so sure!!
This really is just a re-hash of yesterdays story that had itself been cribbed from the Independent and Telegraphs websites the previous evening with an added comment from El Abd after a short phone call from Naylor ! We all know of Poyets interest but whether an actual bid has been made I'm not so sure!! brighton bluenose

10:14am Wed 1 Jan 14

brightonup says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Alfie T wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year !
We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million.
Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen .
Agree with most of this, except that Poyet values Buckley at a much higher price; he has said so! He may think that he can get Buckley at a lower price because he is currently injured. The management of Albion (like Poyet) need to think in the longer term....
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alfie T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.[/p][/quote]You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year ![/p][/quote]We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million. Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen .[/p][/quote]Agree with most of this, except that Poyet values Buckley at a much higher price; he has said so! He may think that he can get Buckley at a lower price because he is currently injured. The management of Albion (like Poyet) need to think in the longer term.... brightonup

10:28am Wed 1 Jan 14

Albion In Staffs says...

brighton bluenose wrote:
This really is just a re-hash of yesterdays story that had itself been cribbed from the Independent and Telegraphs websites the previous evening with an added comment from El Abd after a short phone call from Naylor !
We all know of Poyets interest but whether an actual bid has been made I'm not so sure!!
I'd get used to it because it'll be happening with The Argus as it will with local papers all over the country for the next month! You can't blame the paper for being on the case of a local story that's hit the national press and wanting to take it to the next level.
The Argus will be speaking with their mates at the Sunderland paper, they'll also be speaking to various people at Albion and - given the history, Naylor will no doubt be making regular contact with GP who, in turn, will enjoy feeding Naylor with all sorts of reasons to keep writing the story. The number of different sources will pretty much always provide a new line, even if it doesn't take it much further forward. I think they call it a 'pot boiler'.
On a different tack, there have been many times when lack of information from the club has been a major gripe on here, but at least there's an indication in this latest chapter, that we're not going to simply roll over.
So those who feared losing Bridcutt for peanuts are at least a little more comforted this morning.
From an Argus perspective, I'd say 'job done' .... For now.
[quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: This really is just a re-hash of yesterdays story that had itself been cribbed from the Independent and Telegraphs websites the previous evening with an added comment from El Abd after a short phone call from Naylor ! We all know of Poyets interest but whether an actual bid has been made I'm not so sure!![/p][/quote]I'd get used to it because it'll be happening with The Argus as it will with local papers all over the country for the next month! You can't blame the paper for being on the case of a local story that's hit the national press and wanting to take it to the next level. The Argus will be speaking with their mates at the Sunderland paper, they'll also be speaking to various people at Albion and - given the history, Naylor will no doubt be making regular contact with GP who, in turn, will enjoy feeding Naylor with all sorts of reasons to keep writing the story. The number of different sources will pretty much always provide a new line, even if it doesn't take it much further forward. I think they call it a 'pot boiler'. On a different tack, there have been many times when lack of information from the club has been a major gripe on here, but at least there's an indication in this latest chapter, that we're not going to simply roll over. So those who feared losing Bridcutt for peanuts are at least a little more comforted this morning. From an Argus perspective, I'd say 'job done' .... For now. Albion In Staffs

10:29am Wed 1 Jan 14

Quiterie says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
Except these days especially with FFP, new signings tend to have 'relegation clauses' in their contracts which significantly reduces their salary if they go down. I still think Sunderland will go down this season and I don't think they will come straight back up.

Bridcutt would be better off waiting for a bigger club and try to get to the Premier with the Albion this season. Buckley I'm not so bothered about.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.[/p][/quote]Except these days especially with FFP, new signings tend to have 'relegation clauses' in their contracts which significantly reduces their salary if they go down. I still think Sunderland will go down this season and I don't think they will come straight back up. Bridcutt would be better off waiting for a bigger club and try to get to the Premier with the Albion this season. Buckley I'm not so bothered about. Quiterie

10:34am Wed 1 Jan 14

SeagullOverSelsey says...

According to the Mail today,Burnley have bid £750,000 for AB and Wolves are about to table a bid.It's hotting up already!
According to the Mail today,Burnley have bid £750,000 for AB and Wolves are about to table a bid.It's hotting up already! SeagullOverSelsey

10:46am Wed 1 Jan 14

Jimmy Langley says...

A suggested reply from Tony Boom to Gus Poyet:-

"We've upped our valuation. Up yours"!!!!!!!!!
A suggested reply from Tony Boom to Gus Poyet:- "We've upped our valuation. Up yours"!!!!!!!!! Jimmy Langley

10:48am Wed 1 Jan 14

Conelli98 says...

Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?
Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex? Conelli98

10:55am Wed 1 Jan 14

tug509 says...

Conelli98 wrote:
Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?
Some of us are still in the land of make believe !.
[quote][p][bold]Conelli98[/bold] wrote: Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?[/p][/quote]Some of us are still in the land of make believe !. tug509

10:57am Wed 1 Jan 14

Steyning reject says...

Hi
Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider
Hi Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider Steyning reject

11:05am Wed 1 Jan 14

Conelli98 says...

tug509 wrote:
Conelli98 wrote:
Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?
Some of us are still in the land of make believe !.
My camera never lies anymore cause theres nothing worth lying for!
where is this new bar?
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Conelli98[/bold] wrote: Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?[/p][/quote]Some of us are still in the land of make believe !.[/p][/quote]My camera never lies anymore cause theres nothing worth lying for! where is this new bar? Conelli98

11:05am Wed 1 Jan 14

mikeygit says...

I get slightly annoyed with The Argus--when there is negative news about the Albion--as now with rumours on our players---they always seem to bang on about it for days. We want some uplifting news in 2014 not whether our players are going to be poached by Gus--I know it is news but that is really not the sort of news we want, surely??
I get slightly annoyed with The Argus--when there is negative news about the Albion--as now with rumours on our players---they always seem to bang on about it for days. We want some uplifting news in 2014 not whether our players are going to be poached by Gus--I know it is news but that is really not the sort of news we want, surely?? mikeygit

11:06am Wed 1 Jan 14

tug509 says...

Steyning reject wrote:
Hi
Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider
I read a lot of Sunderland fans comments yesterday ,and the majority of them were in the dark regards WB and to a lesser degree LB ,one comment that came up a few times ,was that they trust GPs choice with this because he has worked with them ,they also stated their belief that Alonso was a GP signing and not the backroom boys ,so i think this is also from GP imho. UTA
[quote][p][bold]Steyning reject[/bold] wrote: Hi Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider[/p][/quote]I read a lot of Sunderland fans comments yesterday ,and the majority of them were in the dark regards WB and to a lesser degree LB ,one comment that came up a few times ,was that they trust GPs choice with this because he has worked with them ,they also stated their belief that Alonso was a GP signing and not the backroom boys ,so i think this is also from GP imho. UTA tug509

11:14am Wed 1 Jan 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mark by the sea wrote:
Alfie T wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year !
We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million.
Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen .
You'd accept 750k for Buckley even though Sunderland have already offered more than a million? I'm flippin' glad we have Burke, Bloom and Barber in charge of transfers instead of you.

It's funny you say you'll give up if we sign journeymen, because surely, as you pointed out on another story, ALL players follow the money? That means every single one of our players is a journeyman, yet you still bought a season ticket.

And would it REALLY make any difference if the club said the players weren't leaving? All clubs sell, no matter what they say, so they may as well forego the process of spouting meaningless messages that give false hope to the true fans.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alfie T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.[/p][/quote]You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year ![/p][/quote]We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million. Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen .[/p][/quote]You'd accept 750k for Buckley even though Sunderland have already offered more than a million? I'm flippin' glad we have Burke, Bloom and Barber in charge of transfers instead of you. It's funny you say you'll give up if we sign journeymen, because surely, as you pointed out on another story, ALL players follow the money? That means every single one of our players is a journeyman, yet you still bought a season ticket. And would it REALLY make any difference if the club said the players weren't leaving? All clubs sell, no matter what they say, so they may as well forego the process of spouting meaningless messages that give false hope to the true fans. Ex-pat Arnie

11:23am Wed 1 Jan 14

gozogull says...

Conelli98 wrote:
Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?
The new family bar is right next to the east platinum 1901 club. They've made a very good job of it too, loads of large tv's and photos etc.

Happy New Year to all Albion supporters.
[quote][p][bold]Conelli98[/bold] wrote: Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?[/p][/quote]The new family bar is right next to the east platinum 1901 club. They've made a very good job of it too, loads of large tv's and photos etc. Happy New Year to all Albion supporters. gozogull

11:27am Wed 1 Jan 14

Conelli98 says...

gozogull wrote:
Conelli98 wrote:
Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?
The new family bar is right next to the east platinum 1901 club. They've made a very good job of it too, loads of large tv's and photos etc.

Happy New Year to all Albion supporters.
Cheers for that! Seagulls!!!
[quote][p][bold]gozogull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Conelli98[/bold] wrote: Breaking news!!!....its 2014 and its still raining but theres always football at the Amex! Ive had my two rounds of Bacon and Stilton sandwiches and a glass of Bucks fizz, now im making my mind up( do u see the gag), do I go to usual pub or try the new family bar? ps where is it in the confines of the Amex?[/p][/quote]The new family bar is right next to the east platinum 1901 club. They've made a very good job of it too, loads of large tv's and photos etc. Happy New Year to all Albion supporters.[/p][/quote]Cheers for that! Seagulls!!! Conelli98

11:34am Wed 1 Jan 14

Steyning reject says...

tug509 wrote:
Steyning reject wrote:
Hi
Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider
I read a lot of Sunderland fans comments yesterday ,and the majority of them were in the dark regards WB and to a lesser degree LB ,one comment that came up a few times ,was that they trust GPs choice with this because he has worked with them ,they also stated their belief that Alonso was a GP signing and not the backroom boys ,so i think this is also from GP imho. UTA
I believe Gus has said he wants these player and that a bid was made, my main point is I don't think he came up with very low offer and if it had been up to him only then a bigger offer would have been presented for the two players.
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steyning reject[/bold] wrote: Hi Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider[/p][/quote]I read a lot of Sunderland fans comments yesterday ,and the majority of them were in the dark regards WB and to a lesser degree LB ,one comment that came up a few times ,was that they trust GPs choice with this because he has worked with them ,they also stated their belief that Alonso was a GP signing and not the backroom boys ,so i think this is also from GP imho. UTA[/p][/quote]I believe Gus has said he wants these player and that a bid was made, my main point is I don't think he came up with very low offer and if it had been up to him only then a bigger offer would have been presented for the two players. Steyning reject

11:51am Wed 1 Jan 14

tug509 says...

Steyning reject wrote:
tug509 wrote:
Steyning reject wrote:
Hi
Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider
I read a lot of Sunderland fans comments yesterday ,and the majority of them were in the dark regards WB and to a lesser degree LB ,one comment that came up a few times ,was that they trust GPs choice with this because he has worked with them ,they also stated their belief that Alonso was a GP signing and not the backroom boys ,so i think this is also from GP imho. UTA
I believe Gus has said he wants these player and that a bid was made, my main point is I don't think he came up with very low offer and if it had been up to him only then a bigger offer would have been presented for the two players.
Of course you may be right ,but i got the distinct feeling from the Sunderland site that this is GPs work ,imho he will have made it clear that he would like these two lads ,and expressed his opinion as to how much he considers a fair offer ,after all GP signed both for a total of 1m and may well believe he has the right to make such a derisory offer ,as in his eyes,with he`s ego ,may well think it is all down to him that they are the players today because of him ,hence we somehow owe him !?. UTA
[quote][p][bold]Steyning reject[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steyning reject[/bold] wrote: Hi Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider[/p][/quote]I read a lot of Sunderland fans comments yesterday ,and the majority of them were in the dark regards WB and to a lesser degree LB ,one comment that came up a few times ,was that they trust GPs choice with this because he has worked with them ,they also stated their belief that Alonso was a GP signing and not the backroom boys ,so i think this is also from GP imho. UTA[/p][/quote]I believe Gus has said he wants these player and that a bid was made, my main point is I don't think he came up with very low offer and if it had been up to him only then a bigger offer would have been presented for the two players.[/p][/quote]Of course you may be right ,but i got the distinct feeling from the Sunderland site that this is GPs work ,imho he will have made it clear that he would like these two lads ,and expressed his opinion as to how much he considers a fair offer ,after all GP signed both for a total of 1m and may well believe he has the right to make such a derisory offer ,as in his eyes,with he`s ego ,may well think it is all down to him that they are the players today because of him ,hence we somehow owe him !?. UTA tug509

11:57am Wed 1 Jan 14

There are seagulls in Islamabad says...

bridcutt is too good for sunderland. hope we hold him until the summer and if we dont go up then we should probably let him get on with his career in my honest opinion. buckley is great but should probably jump at the chance. bridcutt should hold out for a bigger club. boom!
bridcutt is too good for sunderland. hope we hold him until the summer and if we dont go up then we should probably let him get on with his career in my honest opinion. buckley is great but should probably jump at the chance. bridcutt should hold out for a bigger club. boom! There are seagulls in Islamabad

12:00pm Wed 1 Jan 14

mikeygit says...

Ex pat arnie---agree with your comment about club not saying our players would not be leaving---no club can say that as IF an offer is right then it would be nuts for a club not to sell. Depends how highly the club values our players. As many have said, I would not be surprised at Bridders going, this has been on the cards for a long time. As for Will, I feel there is a big question mark against him.His form has not been consistent and he is prone to injury so a brave club to come in and pay big money. As I said yesterday, Jan is going to be interesting to see how things pan out, some will be proved wrong and others right!! HAPPY NEW YEAR and Good Luck Albion.
Ex pat arnie---agree with your comment about club not saying our players would not be leaving---no club can say that as IF an offer is right then it would be nuts for a club not to sell. Depends how highly the club values our players. As many have said, I would not be surprised at Bridders going, this has been on the cards for a long time. As for Will, I feel there is a big question mark against him.His form has not been consistent and he is prone to injury so a brave club to come in and pay big money. As I said yesterday, Jan is going to be interesting to see how things pan out, some will be proved wrong and others right!! HAPPY NEW YEAR and Good Luck Albion. mikeygit

12:03pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Yogi says...

Jimmy Langley wrote:
A suggested reply from Tony Boom to Gus Poyet:- "We've upped our valuation. Up yours"!!!!!!!!!
Brilliant and to the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might get £M5/6 but if we sign Goebel and Conway they would be great replacements.
[quote][p][bold]Jimmy Langley[/bold] wrote: A suggested reply from Tony Boom to Gus Poyet:- "We've upped our valuation. Up yours"!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Brilliant and to the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might get £M5/6 but if we sign Goebel and Conway they would be great replacements. Yogi

12:24pm Wed 1 Jan 14

magicmenagerie says...

tug509 wrote:
So WB is contracted to us until 2017 and GP thinks 1m or slightly over ,is his worth ,even though that is what we paid for him two and a half years ago ,not forgetting that apparently he is better than Zaha . Bridcutt could play for Madrid ,and under GP was worth comfortably in excess of 5m ,so what does he offer ....3.5m for both ,i see GP is STILL practising gross misconduct ,well done poyet ,you can add me to the growing list of Albion supporters who have finally lost ALL remaining respect they had for you !. UTA
I don't think managers make valuations these days - you're a bit 20th century Cloughie-think there tug. It's Sunderland wongawankers who do the money. We absolutely can afford to sell both players, for the "right price" : £6m for both - because Ince has been a revelation, and we have three great winders, Conway to return.
Buckley has been poor this season and will be no great loss imho
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: So WB is contracted to us until 2017 and GP thinks 1m or slightly over ,is his worth ,even though that is what we paid for him two and a half years ago ,not forgetting that apparently he is better than Zaha . Bridcutt could play for Madrid ,and under GP was worth comfortably in excess of 5m ,so what does he offer ....3.5m for both ,i see GP is STILL practising gross misconduct ,well done poyet ,you can add me to the growing list of Albion supporters who have finally lost ALL remaining respect they had for you !. UTA[/p][/quote]I don't think managers make valuations these days - you're a bit 20th century Cloughie-think there tug. It's Sunderland wongawankers who do the money. We absolutely can afford to sell both players, for the "right price" : £6m for both - because Ince has been a revelation, and we have three great winders, Conway to return. Buckley has been poor this season and will be no great loss imho magicmenagerie

12:28pm Wed 1 Jan 14

mark by the sea says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Alfie T wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ...
1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k)
2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million )
3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down!

In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome.
I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway!
That is hardly going to make any player think football before money!
More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.
You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year !
We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million.
Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen .
You'd accept 750k for Buckley even though Sunderland have already offered more than a million? I'm flippin' glad we have Burke, Bloom and Barber in charge of transfers instead of you.

It's funny you say you'll give up if we sign journeymen, because surely, as you pointed out on another story, ALL players follow the money? That means every single one of our players is a journeyman, yet you still bought a season ticket.

And would it REALLY make any difference if the club said the players weren't leaving? All clubs sell, no matter what they say, so they may as well forego the process of spouting meaningless messages that give false hope to the true fans.
You miss the point again, as someone who actually goes to the Amex, the following is true, Buckley has been terrible this season, injury prone, I was referring to my valuation of him, yes Gus may have offered 1m .. But not sure which other club would?
Had you watched him this season, he has lost his way, lost his pace ..and above all his confidence..
Unless he improves he will be on the bench if we sign Conway.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alfie T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]But players going into the premiership don't really care if the side they join goes down! The fact is this ... 1) he gets 10% of any transfer fee ( say 350k) 2) he gets a three year contract at 40k a week (6 million ) 3) if he performs , another club signs him as Sunderland goes down! In truth Liam's next move is his pension, would anyone aged 50 plus not take a new job doubling his wage ', plus a £350k welcome. I keep reading silly comments how Liam should stay, then we read the manager say we might not have 100k to sign Conway! That is hardly going to make any player think football before money! More worrying is Fulham and west ham looking for a goal scorer! Ulloa must be worth a gamble at6 million to stay in the premier league.[/p][/quote]You really are a little ray of sunshine, Happy New Year ![/p][/quote]We have not come out and said our players are not leaving! So lots of clubs will be sniffing about .. To be honest I would take 750k for Buckley , bridcutt is worth 3-4 million. Ulloa is going to lose the club millions if he was sold, goal scorers are impossible to find,. I would not renew my season ticket if we replaced these Boys with journeymen .[/p][/quote]You'd accept 750k for Buckley even though Sunderland have already offered more than a million? I'm flippin' glad we have Burke, Bloom and Barber in charge of transfers instead of you. It's funny you say you'll give up if we sign journeymen, because surely, as you pointed out on another story, ALL players follow the money? That means every single one of our players is a journeyman, yet you still bought a season ticket. And would it REALLY make any difference if the club said the players weren't leaving? All clubs sell, no matter what they say, so they may as well forego the process of spouting meaningless messages that give false hope to the true fans.[/p][/quote]You miss the point again, as someone who actually goes to the Amex, the following is true, Buckley has been terrible this season, injury prone, I was referring to my valuation of him, yes Gus may have offered 1m .. But not sure which other club would? Had you watched him this season, he has lost his way, lost his pace ..and above all his confidence.. Unless he improves he will be on the bench if we sign Conway. mark by the sea

12:39pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex.

Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.
Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex. Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players. Ex-pat Arnie

12:49pm Wed 1 Jan 14

graham w says...

I would think after all this debate on here, the albion wont let bridcutt go for less than £ 6.5 mil hes to important to the club and team,he may be allowed if he stll wants still to go at the end..of season,, buckers im not so sure about he hasnt excatly set the place alight this season, mayby get there money back would be a good deal well see.. uta time to head for coach...
I would think after all this debate on here, the albion wont let bridcutt go for less than £ 6.5 mil hes to important to the club and team,he may be allowed if he stll wants still to go at the end..of season,, buckers im not so sure about he hasnt excatly set the place alight this season, mayby get there money back would be a good deal well see.. uta time to head for coach... graham w

12:55pm Wed 1 Jan 14

tug509 says...

magicmenagerie wrote:
tug509 wrote:
So WB is contracted to us until 2017 and GP thinks 1m or slightly over ,is his worth ,even though that is what we paid for him two and a half years ago ,not forgetting that apparently he is better than Zaha . Bridcutt could play for Madrid ,and under GP was worth comfortably in excess of 5m ,so what does he offer ....3.5m for both ,i see GP is STILL practising gross misconduct ,well done poyet ,you can add me to the growing list of Albion supporters who have finally lost ALL remaining respect they had for you !. UTA
I don't think managers make valuations these days - you're a bit 20th century Cloughie-think there tug. It's Sunderland wongawankers who do the money. We absolutely can afford to sell both players, for the "right price" : £6m for both - because Ince has been a revelation, and we have three great winders, Conway to return.
Buckley has been poor this season and will be no great loss imho
Ha ha yep your probably right ,thanks for the cloughie conection though ! ,i think if we were talking about ANY other players other than these two ,he may not have any input where finances are concerned ,but i came away from their site ,thinking he has made this a personal venture ,again omo . Totally with you about Conway ,it will be a big mistake not to get him back .

Happy New Year Magic and All Albion lads and lasses out there !. UTA
[quote][p][bold]magicmenagerie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: So WB is contracted to us until 2017 and GP thinks 1m or slightly over ,is his worth ,even though that is what we paid for him two and a half years ago ,not forgetting that apparently he is better than Zaha . Bridcutt could play for Madrid ,and under GP was worth comfortably in excess of 5m ,so what does he offer ....3.5m for both ,i see GP is STILL practising gross misconduct ,well done poyet ,you can add me to the growing list of Albion supporters who have finally lost ALL remaining respect they had for you !. UTA[/p][/quote]I don't think managers make valuations these days - you're a bit 20th century Cloughie-think there tug. It's Sunderland wongawankers who do the money. We absolutely can afford to sell both players, for the "right price" : £6m for both - because Ince has been a revelation, and we have three great winders, Conway to return. Buckley has been poor this season and will be no great loss imho[/p][/quote]Ha ha yep your probably right ,thanks for the cloughie conection though ! ,i think if we were talking about ANY other players other than these two ,he may not have any input where finances are concerned ,but i came away from their site ,thinking he has made this a personal venture ,again omo . Totally with you about Conway ,it will be a big mistake not to get him back . Happy New Year Magic and All Albion lads and lasses out there !. UTA tug509

12:57pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Baldseagull says...

Steyning reject wrote:
Hi
Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider
Gus having put both players on notice that he wants them for the Premier league, could actually do us a favour with regards to Buckley's confidence which seems to have deserted him.
[quote][p][bold]Steyning reject[/bold] wrote: Hi Some people on here seem to be blaming Gus for putting in low bids for the two players, this is wrong he would have gone to their equivelent of David Burke and said I want these players, and it would be them that came up with an offer after considering what they can afford and what we may accept, remember Oscar does not do the transfer deals thats handled by Burke, he'll just have an input on whats he would like to strengthen and what players he would like or give an opinion of players the club would like him to consider[/p][/quote]Gus having put both players on notice that he wants them for the Premier league, could actually do us a favour with regards to Buckley's confidence which seems to have deserted him. Baldseagull

1:13pm Wed 1 Jan 14

tug509 says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex.

Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.
If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex. Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.[/p][/quote]If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA tug509

1:28pm Wed 1 Jan 14

when seagulls follow the trawler says...

It is a footbaling 'truth' that a player is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them..... ...and based on the state of the market at the moment, any fee is likely to be less than some people on here think it should be .... ...not that we will ever know for certain what the fee for Bridcutt etc is - assuming that he leaves us.

Anyway, why let facts like these get in the way of us doing what we do best - speculating and slagging each other off !
It is a footbaling 'truth' that a player is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them..... ...and based on the state of the market at the moment, any fee is likely to be less than some people on here think it should be .... ...not that we will ever know for certain what the fee for Bridcutt etc is - assuming that he leaves us. Anyway, why let facts like these get in the way of us doing what we do best - speculating and slagging each other off ! when seagulls follow the trawler

1:42pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

tug509 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex.

Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.
If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA
I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex. Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.[/p][/quote]If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA[/p][/quote]I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/ Ex-pat Arnie

1:45pm Wed 1 Jan 14

mark by the sea says...

when seagulls follow the trawler wrote:
It is a footbaling 'truth' that a player is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them..... ...and based on the state of the market at the moment, any fee is likely to be less than some people on here think it should be .... ...not that we will ever know for certain what the fee for Bridcutt etc is - assuming that he leaves us.

Anyway, why let facts like these get in the way of us doing what we do best - speculating and slagging each other off !
I have yet to see a comment that says don't take 1m for Buckley .. Club should snatch the cash!
[quote][p][bold]when seagulls follow the trawler[/bold] wrote: It is a footbaling 'truth' that a player is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them..... ...and based on the state of the market at the moment, any fee is likely to be less than some people on here think it should be .... ...not that we will ever know for certain what the fee for Bridcutt etc is - assuming that he leaves us. Anyway, why let facts like these get in the way of us doing what we do best - speculating and slagging each other off ![/p][/quote]I have yet to see a comment that says don't take 1m for Buckley .. Club should snatch the cash! mark by the sea

2:05pm Wed 1 Jan 14

tug509 says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
tug509 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex.

Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.
If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA
I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/
Same here ,much appreciated ,cheers Arnie . UTA
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex. Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.[/p][/quote]If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA[/p][/quote]I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/[/p][/quote]Same here ,much appreciated ,cheers Arnie . UTA tug509

2:18pm Wed 1 Jan 14

ringtone says...

Singing Seagull, Indonesia wrote:
Shock horror, you don't say...??!!

Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious!

Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be.

Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!!

Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season.

UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere!
Se
Thank you.

And a Happy New year to you.

UTA
[quote][p][bold]Singing Seagull, Indonesia[/bold] wrote: Shock horror, you don't say...??!! Nice to see the Argus building a story on the foundations of the bleedin' obvious! Good that Oscar is making the right noises about keeping the squad together. What he says makes perfect sense - it doesn't do us any favours to develoo players for someone else's benefit. It may be likely that Bridders at least will go, but it's not certain yet. Much may depend on how desparate he is to show himself in the Prem league this season, however shortsighted that might prove to be. Whatever will be will be. If we lose a valuable part(s) of our squad for a decent fee we should see new blood to replace. On the basis that the Argus do often only state the obvious or the inevitable and, having had my appetite whetted on You Tube, Evandro Goebel looks like a hugely inspiring target and if we land him we may soon be saying Liam.... errr.... what was his name?!! Seriously though, I for one am looking forward to 2014 as being a historical one for our fantastic club. Bridders, Buckley, depart at your peril. We may well pass you coming in the opposite direction at the end of the season. UTA and happy 2014 to all loyal Albion fans everywhere! Se[/p][/quote]Thank you. And a Happy New year to you. UTA ringtone

2:20pm Wed 1 Jan 14

ringtone says...

tug509 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
tug509 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex.

Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.
If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA
I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/
Same here ,much appreciated ,cheers Arnie . UTA
Hello Arnie.

You will not find a stream for this games i am sorry to say.

Until we become genuine contenders this will be the way of things
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex. Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.[/p][/quote]If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA[/p][/quote]I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/[/p][/quote]Same here ,much appreciated ,cheers Arnie . UTA[/p][/quote]Hello Arnie. You will not find a stream for this games i am sorry to say. Until we become genuine contenders this will be the way of things ringtone

2:29pm Wed 1 Jan 14

ringtone says...

tug509 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
tug509 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex.

Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.
If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA
I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/
Same here ,much appreciated ,cheers Arnie . UTA
Tug, Yeovil game is off. Will they moved the cameras to the Amex.

What has happened to Vegas?
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Mark... yet again you assume that I never watch the Albion. I have watched them on TV every time they have been televised/streamed (which has been surprisingly often), plus 3-4 actually at the Amex. Yes, Buckley is inconsistent, as are many wide players - it is the nature of the position. However, your valuation of his is totally irrelevant. The fact we have turned down substantially more than you think he is worth just shows how poor most fans - yes, including you and me - are at putting a price on players.[/p][/quote]If you know of a live stream for today i would be very grateful ,thanks Arnie . UTA[/p][/quote]I can only find a stream for Yeovil v Watford :-/[/p][/quote]Same here ,much appreciated ,cheers Arnie . UTA[/p][/quote]Tug, Yeovil game is off. Will they moved the cameras to the Amex. What has happened to Vegas? ringtone

3:02pm Wed 1 Jan 14

pte says...

mark by the sea wrote:
when seagulls follow the trawler wrote:
It is a footbaling 'truth' that a player is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them..... ...and based on the state of the market at the moment, any fee is likely to be less than some people on here think it should be .... ...not that we will ever know for certain what the fee for Bridcutt etc is - assuming that he leaves us.

Anyway, why let facts like these get in the way of us doing what we do best - speculating and slagging each other off !
I have yet to see a comment that says don't take 1m for Buckley .. Club should snatch the cash!
Buckley in the Prem under Gus will be a revelation. Maybe 1m plus a sell on fee. Also, a sell on fee for Bridcutt when Gus sells him to Real Madrid.

Agree with you, Bridcutt would have to be brain dead not want to go to Sunderland
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]when seagulls follow the trawler[/bold] wrote: It is a footbaling 'truth' that a player is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them..... ...and based on the state of the market at the moment, any fee is likely to be less than some people on here think it should be .... ...not that we will ever know for certain what the fee for Bridcutt etc is - assuming that he leaves us. Anyway, why let facts like these get in the way of us doing what we do best - speculating and slagging each other off ![/p][/quote]I have yet to see a comment that says don't take 1m for Buckley .. Club should snatch the cash![/p][/quote]Buckley in the Prem under Gus will be a revelation. Maybe 1m plus a sell on fee. Also, a sell on fee for Bridcutt when Gus sells him to Real Madrid. Agree with you, Bridcutt would have to be brain dead not want to go to Sunderland pte

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree