Andrea Orlandi has described Liam Bridcutt’s attitude as “spot on” as he attempts to sort out his future.
But the Spanish playmaker has called on Albion to sort out the situation involving their player of the season as soon as they can.
Bridcutt missed the 1-0 defeat at Derby because it was felt he would not be properly focused on the match.
Orlandi, who enjoyed a first start since August 3, says Bridcutt’s work during the week has been fine.
But he accepts the Scottish international probably wants to rejoin his old boss Gus Poyet at Sunderland.
Orlandi said: “I think Liam’s attitude has been spot on because he has been training and he hasn’t said anything to us.
“We know the situation. He probably wants to leave, he wants to play in the Premier League so fair enough.
“He wants to work with Gus again. He was successful with him.
“But it is a situation the club needs to sort out as soon as possible and then, if he eventually stays, he will give 110% as he always has.”
- Video - How Albion beat Swindon (including that Ince rocket)
- Who was Albion's man of the match at Swindon?
- Albion new boy enjoyed extra-time cup victory
- Colunga makes fast start after scare about availability for Albion
- Palace turn to veteran Warnock