Albion have been told to expect a rough FA Cup ride – by their new signing from League One.
Jeffrey Monakana reckons the Seagulls will be given no time on the ball by Port Vale in Saturday’s fourth-round tie.
But the former Preston and Colchester winger says his new club have the quality to come through it.
Monakana said: “There’s no time at all in League One.
“You have to be sharp on your feet. A team like Port Vale will try and rattle you.
“But I think we have got the quality of players to play around that.”
Albion’s trip to Vale Park was not what either side really wanted when the draw was made.
But the Seagulls are still expected to take at least 1,000 fans to the Potteries.
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Football round-up: Hillians go top, Bognor claim first win
- Gregory delighted to get back to winning ways
- Banya on target as Crawley end losing streak