Nathan Jones said Albion’s attitude was spot-on at Port Vale today.
Seagulls battled to a 3-1 win in testing conditions at the League One ground.
Jones felt the pitch held up well after taking a pre-match soaking.
And he was delighted with how the Seagulls responded.
Albion’s assistant head coach said: “It was a difficult cup tie – a good cup tie in fact – and I think we are very pleased with the attitude, very pleased with the performance and, more than anything, very pleased with the result.”
Albion went with a relatively young side today.
Jones added: “We believe in the players we have. They are in the squad for a reason.”
Albion will stay at the FA’s national football centre at St George’s Park before heading to East Lancs for their league game at Burnley on Tuesday.
- Albion boss says tackle on LuaLua could have been a leg-breaker
- Hyypia has nice problem after Albion's transfer flurry
- Albion whizz-kid reveals Gerrard's role in his move
- Albion's persistence paid off in pursuit of Baldock
- Albion boss says Gardner brings quality