JONATHAN Obika followed the orders of Spurs chief Tim Sherwood - by scoring for Albion.
The on-loan striker celebrated his full debut by sealing the Seagulls' 3-1 win at Port Vale in the FA Cup.
Obika, 23, is well-known to the promoted Sherwood from the Academy set-up at White Hart Lane.
Obika revealed: "He told me basically to go out and show you can score goals, show you can play well and just do what you've always been doing.
"Knowing the management you know their style of play from the roots up. That can only give you more motivation to go out and impress."
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home