JONATHAN Obika followed the orders of Spurs chief Tim Sherwood - by scoring for Albion.
The on-loan striker celebrated his full debut by sealing the Seagulls' 3-1 win at Port Vale in the FA Cup.
Obika, 23, is well-known to the promoted Sherwood from the Academy set-up at White Hart Lane.
Obika revealed: "He told me basically to go out and show you can score goals, show you can play well and just do what you've always been doing.
"Knowing the management you know their style of play from the roots up. That can only give you more motivation to go out and impress."
- You knew they would beat Bolton. So what's your prediction as Albion face Charlton?
- Pace ace Vetokele can pose threat to Albion on the counter
- Forster-Caskey fancies it. But who'll be on the spot if Albion get a penalty today?
- Big interview - Colunga wants to rediscover the hunger after leaving his comfort zone
- Decisions, decisions! Who would you send out against the Addicks?