Leo Ulloa has wished fellow striker Ashley Barnes a successful future at Burnley.
But he hopes his former team mate does not open his Clarets account against the Seagulls tonight.
Barnes, who left Albion recently, is likely to play some part against his old club as Burnley host Oscar Garcia’s men at Turf Moor.
Ulloa said: “I hope Ashley doesn’t score against us, that’s the main thing.
“But from then on I wish him all the best.
“For one thing, he is a great person – good-natured, charismatic, he was always cheerful.
“And secondly, as a professional, you wish him good things with his team. He has done what he thinks is best for himself.
“I’d be delighted on a personal level if he was happy where he has gone because it was an important personal decision to join a new club.”
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Wiggins honoured to defend Tour of Britain title
- Gregory promises loan signings for Crawley
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan