Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
How hard-working Watford rattled Albion
Watford boss Beppe Sannino felt his side worked their socks off - and gave Albion a defensive headache.
Sannino’s men pierced the Seagulls’ mean rearguard twice to take the points at Vicarage Road.
Watford reverted to his favoured 3-5-2 formation and Ikechi Anya, restored to left wing back, popped up in a wide role to score the all-important opening goal.
Gordon Greer was put under heavy pressure in the build-up to the second goal, calmly taken by Fernando Forestieri.
Sannino said: “We knew Brighton were the best team in the league in terms of goals conceded away from home and if we scored two goals then it is because of the pressing but it is also because of the desire of my lads; the sufferance we were able to put into the game.
“We worked our socks off today.”
- Hyypia keeps his cool - but he admits 'it’s not an ideal situation'
- Jackson masterclass leads England
- Sussex go down in opening 50-over clash
- Scott makes it double gold for Sussex in Commonwealth Games
- Hales cuts loose at Horsham as Notts set Sussex a testing total
Comments are closed on this article.