Albion have confirmed they have not received an approach from Premier League strugglers Swansea City for Oscar Garcia.
The Seagulls head coach had been linked with a move to the Liberty Stadium to replace his former Barcelona team mate Michael Laudrup, who was sacked on Tuesday night after a dismal run of results.
Club captain Garry Monk has taken over from Laudrup for the rest of the season.
But Oscar is believed to be among the managers and head coaches on whom Swansea are keeping tabs should they look elsewhere for a longer-term appointment.
Chief executive Paul Barber told The Argus there had been no approach.
Albion and Oscar rebuffed an offer from Spanish strugglers Osasuna in the opening weeks of the season with the former Maccabi Tel-Aviv boss keen to get stuck into his three-year project at the Amex following his arrival in the summer.
- Baldock fancies another promotion push as he signs four-year Albion deal
- Signings bonanza - Hyypia hails quality squad as Baldock makes it ELEVEN
- Albion clinch Baldock deal
- Video - How Albion beat Swindon (including that Ince rocket)
- Who was Albion's man of the match at Swindon?