Two former Chelsea Cup stars could go head to head in the midfield battle at the Amex today.
Rohan Ince and Josh McEachran were both starting members of the Blues side which won the FA Youth Cup in 2010.
They both stand a good chance of featuring in today’s Championship six-pointer.
Wigan boss Uwe Rosler hinted to local reporters in Lancashire yesterday that McEachran was his pick to play just in front of the back four, a role usually filled by Ben Watson.
Latics lost the services of Watson for the rest of the season when he suffered a double leg fracture in the 2-0 home win over Barnsley on Tuesday.
Influential attacking player Nick Powell (hamstring) is also likely to miss out for a Wigan side who will play 4-3-3.
Marc-Antoine Fortune and Nicky Maynard, who is on loan for Cardiff, compete to be the starting central striker.
- Jones steps up as Hyypia confirms backroom team
- England calls for young Albion pair
- Albion defender in Ireland squad
- Inside track - Give Baldock support and he'll get you goals
- Stats don't lie - but Colunga expects to improve on his showing at Swindon