Dale Stephens reckons Wigan have top-flight quality.
But he has set his sights on a home hat-trick as the Latics come to the Amex today.
The deadline day signing has played in two 1-0 wins at his new home ground since joining from Charlton.
He is eyeing a third success to nudge the Seagulls three points clear of their visitors.
Stephens said: “They have got Premier League players in their side and they showed last week they can still compete at that level.
“They had a very good Cup win at Cardiff so we will take them very seriously and hopefully do the job."
He added: “We have been very solid since I’ve been here. I’m not saying that’s because of me!
“We have got good players here and we have played well at home. Hopefully that can continue.”
Dale Stephens on life in the Albion midfield – in The Argus today
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Football round-up: Hillians go top, Bognor claim first win
- Gregory delighted to get back to winning ways
- Banya on target as Crawley end losing streak