Albion clung on for a precious 1-0 win at Millwall today.
And debutant Jesse Lingard played a part in the success.
Lingard was nudged over by home skipper Danny Shittu for the match-deciding penalty in the 39th minute and David Lopez calmly sent David Forde the wrong way from the spot.
Leo Ulloa had earlier sent a header too close to Forde but the Seagulls were rarely fluent going forward.
The second half was mainly about defensive steel as Millwall pinned them back for long periods.
Jermaine Easter hit the bar from close range but Albion held on for the win.
- Who was Albion's man of the match at Swindon?
- Albion new boy enjoyed extra-time cup victory
- Colunga makes fast start after scare about availability for Albion
- Palace turn to veteran Warnock
- Gregory fumes after Reds are denied late penalty in cup exit