Nathan Jones hailed “one of the best defences in the league” as Albion grabbed a win today.
The Seagulls’ assistant head coach admitted they were far from at their fluent best in the 1-0 success at Millwall.
But he savoured the win after frustration in the 2-1 defeat by Wigan last week.
Jones said: “It was a massive contrast to the game last week.
“We created a lot of chances and really played well against a good side last week.
“We came here and had to battle, we had to show a different side.
“We had to show why we have got one of the best defences in the league.
“That’s what we did on a difficult pitch and against a side that is battling for points.
“It wasn’t pretty but three points is what it’s all about today.”
- Who was Albion's man of the match at Swindon?
- Albion new boy enjoyed extra-time cup victory
- Colunga makes fast start after scare about availability for Albion
- Gregory fumes after Reds are denied late penalty in cup exit
- Colunga scores on debut but Albion are given a real scare