Albion’s spot-kick master has revealed how he won his St David’s Day shootout.
David Lopez, left, beat David Forde by shutting out a raucous home crowd – and memories of a previous head-to-head.
He sent the Millwall keeper the wrong way to secure a 1-0 win and give the Seagulls a flying start to their hectic March schedule.
David said: “I would take a penalty every game if I could.
“It’s no problem taking one at a place like that, just the same as taking one at home.
“At home you know your own fans are supporting you.
“But I just thought about what I was doing and nothing else.”
David opened his Albion account with a spot kick past Forde at the Amex last season.
He admitted he remembers it well. But that was not why he shot to the other side this time.
He insisted: “I didn’t even think about that penalty.
“I’ve got my own way of taking penalties and I don’t think about things like that.”
- Hyypia hints at more transfer activity for Albion
- Albion loan out young striker again
- Albion boss says tackle on LuaLua could have been a leg-breaker
- Hyypia has nice problem after Albion's transfer flurry
- Albion whizz-kid reveals Gerrard's role in his move