The ArgusGreer off - but what did you make of that second yellow? (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Greer off - but what did you make of that second yellow?

The Argus: Gordon Greer is sent off Gordon Greer is sent off

Albion fans were furious with the referee and some Reading players at the Amex today.

But what did you make of Gordon Greer’s second yellow card against Reading?

Did you get a good view of the foul on Adam Le Fondre which led to the dismissal?

Were you unhappy with the reaction of Reading’s players?

Was the challenge worthy of a free-kick but not a card?

Or did Greer get what he deserved?

And do you think the dismissal cost Albion a win?

Give us your thoughts.

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:46pm Sat 8 Mar 14

russellsnr2 says...

As we read this on-line surely that tells you that we cannot get to games or many of us cannot and certainly will take longer than 30 minutes from the end of the game to get home?. Listening on the radio it sounded very harsh and some of the Reading players very unsportsmanlike.
Really rely on yourself or Mr Naylor to tell us what happened and if in your opinions as news reporters it was correct or not.
As we read this on-line surely that tells you that we cannot get to games or many of us cannot and certainly will take longer than 30 minutes from the end of the game to get home?. Listening on the radio it sounded very harsh and some of the Reading players very unsportsmanlike. Really rely on yourself or Mr Naylor to tell us what happened and if in your opinions as news reporters it was correct or not. russellsnr2
  • Score: 3

5:48pm Sat 8 Mar 14

nkwbtn says...

Well it was a foul but not sure the ref was going to book him the reading players started their nonsense. Once that influenced the ref once they spent the whole second half doing it.

Reading were the better side for most of the second half but didn't deserve 3 points for being so cynical.
Well it was a foul but not sure the ref was going to book him the reading players started their nonsense. Once that influenced the ref once they spent the whole second half doing it. Reading were the better side for most of the second half but didn't deserve 3 points for being so cynical. nkwbtn
  • Score: 8

5:50pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Hugothepug says...

Sit right by away dugout row E. I was dissipointed it was a free kick but could see why it was given. However a booking? Never! The ref didn't look for one minute as if he was going to book him until what seemed like half the Reading side barated him and made much more of it than it was. In fact looking closely throughout the match this seems to be a side ploy of theirs as a team. The bench, staff and players all seem, in unison, to be very dramatic at every opportunity, the main culprit being Peace - the centre back. On my way home to have a closer look at the THREE sendings offs last week when they played.

Thought we had enough first half to get the win until the sending off. Still it was very important we didn't lose today. 3pts Tuesday would be very nice now!!
Sit right by away dugout row E. I was dissipointed it was a free kick but could see why it was given. However a booking? Never! The ref didn't look for one minute as if he was going to book him until what seemed like half the Reading side barated him and made much more of it than it was. In fact looking closely throughout the match this seems to be a side ploy of theirs as a team. The bench, staff and players all seem, in unison, to be very dramatic at every opportunity, the main culprit being Peace - the centre back. On my way home to have a closer look at the THREE sendings offs last week when they played. Thought we had enough first half to get the win until the sending off. Still it was very important we didn't lose today. 3pts Tuesday would be very nice now!! Hugothepug
  • Score: 14

5:55pm Sat 8 Mar 14

JollyRoger says...

I'm afraid to say I think it was a clear foul (I'm sure he led with his elbow) and with GG already being on a yellow the ref had no choice.

Mind you, he might have gotten away with a warning if it hadn't been for the disgraceful antics of the Reading players - several of whom ran nearly 40 yards to make sure the ref gave the card.

Adkins was in the linesman's ear all first half as well!
I'm afraid to say I think it was a clear foul (I'm sure he led with his elbow) and with GG already being on a yellow the ref had no choice. Mind you, he might have gotten away with a warning if it hadn't been for the disgraceful antics of the Reading players - several of whom ran nearly 40 yards to make sure the ref gave the card. Adkins was in the linesman's ear all first half as well! JollyRoger
  • Score: 10

5:58pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

I think it really is about time footballers and managers stopped pretending that they never try to get fellow professionals sent off. They clearly do. It does seem to be something that follow Adkins around though...

He's classless, a poor man's Alan Pardew.
I think it really is about time footballers and managers stopped pretending that they never try to get fellow professionals sent off. They clearly do. It does seem to be something that follow Adkins around though... He's classless, a poor man's Alan Pardew. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 28

6:12pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Conelli98 says...

Yes, a yellow card offence! So he had to go.
But we were never really in the game until we put pace on the pitch. Pace and skill wins you lots of games. Jfc and Andrews have neither. All out attack on Tues please Mr Garcia. Will take the point though ;)
Yes, a yellow card offence! So he had to go. But we were never really in the game until we put pace on the pitch. Pace and skill wins you lots of games. Jfc and Andrews have neither. All out attack on Tues please Mr Garcia. Will take the point though ;) Conelli98
  • Score: -3

6:30pm Sat 8 Mar 14

barnieb says...

Nigel Adkins teams always try to get players sent off against them.It was a standing joke at Southampton.The man is a cheat,plain and simple.
Nigel Adkins teams always try to get players sent off against them.It was a standing joke at Southampton.The man is a cheat,plain and simple. barnieb
  • Score: 18

6:32pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Rougvie Legend says...

I dont know about the sending off , i do in my opinion think we http://www.theargus.
co.uk/sport/albion/ were very poor today 1-0 up at half time with hardly a shot on goal , 1-1 a fair result
I dont know about the sending off , i do in my opinion think we http://www.theargus. co.uk/sport/albion/ were very poor today 1-0 up at half time with hardly a shot on goal , 1-1 a fair result Rougvie Legend
  • Score: 3

6:36pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Rougvie Legend says...

Rougvie Legend wrote:
I dont know about the sending off , i do in my opinion think we http://www.theargus.

co.uk/sport/albion/ were very poor today 1-0 up at half time with hardly a shot on goal , 1-1 a fair result
? Not sure what happened there lol
[quote][p][bold]Rougvie Legend[/bold] wrote: I dont know about the sending off , i do in my opinion think we http://www.theargus. co.uk/sport/albion/ were very poor today 1-0 up at half time with hardly a shot on goal , 1-1 a fair result[/p][/quote]? Not sure what happened there lol Rougvie Legend
  • Score: -2

6:36pm Sat 8 Mar 14

tug509 says...

It would have helped if we started with a strong team ,no Kaz no Solly,what the heck is 25 yard shots from JFC gonna do ,apart from the 1/100 at Donny.
I don't think we started with our strongest side today imho!. UTA
It would have helped if we started with a strong team ,no Kaz no Solly,what the heck is 25 yard shots from JFC gonna do ,apart from the 1/100 at Donny. I don't think we started with our strongest side today imho!. UTA tug509
  • Score: 3

6:54pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Grendel says...

My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.
My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it. Grendel
  • Score: -6

6:57pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Grendel says...

I meant to add, the referee and the linesman that was on the west side were terrible. Some truly bad decisions, one of the worst performances by officials I have seen, though the Greer red card was one thing they got right.
I meant to add, the referee and the linesman that was on the west side were terrible. Some truly bad decisions, one of the worst performances by officials I have seen, though the Greer red card was one thing they got right. Grendel
  • Score: -4

8:08pm Sat 8 Mar 14

wrighty2908 says...

Grendel wrote:
My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.
No get it right poyet blew our chance turning up fifteen minutes before kick off and picking that poor side I was there it was scandalous.
[quote][p][bold]Grendel[/bold] wrote: My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.[/p][/quote]No get it right poyet blew our chance turning up fifteen minutes before kick off and picking that poor side I was there it was scandalous. wrighty2908
  • Score: -1

8:12pm Sat 8 Mar 14

wrighty2908 says...

Grendel wrote:
My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.
No we didn't blow it poyet did you dont turn up fifteen minutes before kick off and pick such an inept team for one of the most important games in the clubs history.
[quote][p][bold]Grendel[/bold] wrote: My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.[/p][/quote]No we didn't blow it poyet did you dont turn up fifteen minutes before kick off and pick such an inept team for one of the most important games in the clubs history. wrighty2908
  • Score: 0

8:29pm Sat 8 Mar 14

bikerjimbo says...

This is one of the worst referees I have seen all season. The 'lino' on the west was very hesitant when making decisions and seemed to rely on the ref a lot. No mention is made in these fans reports about the amount of holding being done by Reading, on two occasions right in front of the ref. I thought Reading were cynical and as others have commented this does seem to be Adkins way. We do lack the killing instinct and hate to shoo in front of goal or have players wiling to take others on, except for KL and SM. That is the way we play I am afraid an quite similar to GP. Our defending today was good and the spirit of the players shone through, but when GG was sent off we certainly lost our composure and confidence. We can still make the play offs but QPR won't be easy and Bolton could end our season next week due to their result at Leeds today. One thing is certain there are no easy games in this league, which does provide entertainment for us. I also note the comments regarding team selection but we do not know the fitness/injury levels of the players and this must cause some problems with team selection which are not likely to be passed to us or the media for obvious reasons. A big plus was the support from the fans who really got behind the team after GGs departure. UTA
This is one of the worst referees I have seen all season. The 'lino' on the west was very hesitant when making decisions and seemed to rely on the ref a lot. No mention is made in these fans reports about the amount of holding being done by Reading, on two occasions right in front of the ref. I thought Reading were cynical and as others have commented this does seem to be Adkins way. We do lack the killing instinct and hate to shoo in front of goal or have players wiling to take others on, except for KL and SM. That is the way we play I am afraid an quite similar to GP. Our defending today was good and the spirit of the players shone through, but when GG was sent off we certainly lost our composure and confidence. We can still make the play offs but QPR won't be easy and Bolton could end our season next week due to their result at Leeds today. One thing is certain there are no easy games in this league, which does provide entertainment for us. I also note the comments regarding team selection but we do not know the fitness/injury levels of the players and this must cause some problems with team selection which are not likely to be passed to us or the media for obvious reasons. A big plus was the support from the fans who really got behind the team after GGs departure. UTA bikerjimbo
  • Score: 7

8:52pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Toshtalk says...

Greer strangely off colour. Tired from his trip to Poland. He had to go for the challenge. His first yellow came from him losing possession. Reading were running us ragged even before the dismissal. Too little pace in midfield. Andrews JFC and Lopez are snails. Different team when Buckley or lua lua playing. Time to throw caution to wind on Tuesday
Greer strangely off colour. Tired from his trip to Poland. He had to go for the challenge. His first yellow came from him losing possession. Reading were running us ragged even before the dismissal. Too little pace in midfield. Andrews JFC and Lopez are snails. Different team when Buckley or lua lua playing. Time to throw caution to wind on Tuesday Toshtalk
  • Score: 4

8:52pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Asleep in Dorset says...

so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ?
Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ?
so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ? Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ? Asleep in Dorset
  • Score: 4

8:57pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Asleep in Dorset wrote:
so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ?
Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ?
The rumours have abounded for months and months (and seem to be widely accepted) that Poyet turned up shortly prior to kick-off. This isn't just a random assertion from wrighty2008.
[quote][p][bold]Asleep in Dorset[/bold] wrote: so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ? Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ?[/p][/quote]The rumours have abounded for months and months (and seem to be widely accepted) that Poyet turned up shortly prior to kick-off. This isn't just a random assertion from wrighty2008. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: -1

9:10pm Sat 8 Mar 14

brianw52 says...

From the other side of the pitch it looked like a harmless foul and should have been just a free kick. That aside, the referee was appalling. Free kicks and throw ins were taken wherever the players decided and he never spotted where Reading took their last corner from.
From the other side of the pitch it looked like a harmless foul and should have been just a free kick. That aside, the referee was appalling. Free kicks and throw ins were taken wherever the players decided and he never spotted where Reading took their last corner from. brianw52
  • Score: 4

9:28pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Captain Haddock says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
I think it really is about time footballers and managers stopped pretending that they never try to get fellow professionals sent off. They clearly do. It does seem to be something that follow Adkins around though... He's classless, a poor man's Alan Pardew.
This. There is absolutely no doubt it was a game-changing wrong decision. Ref was correctly going to award no more than the free kick (debatable in itself but understandable) until Adkins posse of cheats influenced the lily-livered weakling in the middle. Reading had the bulk of the second half play, contrary to the script, due to this travesty and could have snatched as undeserved a win as when McDermott's equivalents smashed and grabbed two years ago. However we dug in and had counter attacking chances. I think we should have won regardless and was pleased not aghast at the announcement of the 6 mins of stoppages. Ref was sh1t. I particularly liked the way he allowed the final attempt at our goal one and a half mins after time then blew immediately.

I've been counting up our key decisions this season to see if the "balances out over a season" fallacy stands up. We are 12-6 down so: NO!!!
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: I think it really is about time footballers and managers stopped pretending that they never try to get fellow professionals sent off. They clearly do. It does seem to be something that follow Adkins around though... He's classless, a poor man's Alan Pardew.[/p][/quote]This. There is absolutely no doubt it was a game-changing wrong decision. Ref was correctly going to award no more than the free kick (debatable in itself but understandable) until Adkins posse of cheats influenced the lily-livered weakling in the middle. Reading had the bulk of the second half play, contrary to the script, due to this travesty and could have snatched as undeserved a win as when McDermott's equivalents smashed and grabbed two years ago. However we dug in and had counter attacking chances. I think we should have won regardless and was pleased not aghast at the announcement of the 6 mins of stoppages. Ref was sh1t. I particularly liked the way he allowed the final attempt at our goal one and a half mins after time then blew immediately. I've been counting up our key decisions this season to see if the "balances out over a season" fallacy stands up. We are 12-6 down so: NO!!! Captain Haddock
  • Score: 1

9:32pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Captain Haddock says...

Grendel wrote:
My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.
Whole I have the exact opposite view. Good(ish) performance, good few chances and Reading very jammy with ref's decisions. We have HUGE chance of play-offs.
[quote][p][bold]Grendel[/bold] wrote: My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.[/p][/quote]Whole I have the exact opposite view. Good(ish) performance, good few chances and Reading very jammy with ref's decisions. We have HUGE chance of play-offs. Captain Haddock
  • Score: 2

9:42pm Sat 8 Mar 14

barnieb says...

Players waiving imaginary cards should be red carded and banned for 3 games,that will stop it.
Players waiving imaginary cards should be red carded and banned for 3 games,that will stop it. barnieb
  • Score: 7

9:59pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Gazza by the sea says...

Obstruction. Indirect free kick. Ref didn't have the slightest intention of booking him until Le Fondre decided to play dead for 30 seconds. Cue hordes of Reading players who appeared to be following a pre-rehearsed script surrounded a weak referee. As soon as the card came out Le Fondre sprang to his feet and skipped away as if he'd just inhaled something illegal.

From that point on ref seemed to realise he'd been conned and gave Reading absolutely nothing.

Totally inept refereeing.

Having said all that - gives us a chance to see what Dunk is made of on Tuesday. He'll surely have a better pass completion rate than Gordon's managed in recent weeks. Just who IS telling him to hit 40 yard passes to the opposition defenders?.........
Obstruction. Indirect free kick. Ref didn't have the slightest intention of booking him until Le Fondre decided to play dead for 30 seconds. Cue hordes of Reading players who appeared to be following a pre-rehearsed script surrounded a weak referee. As soon as the card came out Le Fondre sprang to his feet and skipped away as if he'd just inhaled something illegal. From that point on ref seemed to realise he'd been conned and gave Reading absolutely nothing. Totally inept refereeing. Having said all that - gives us a chance to see what Dunk is made of on Tuesday. He'll surely have a better pass completion rate than Gordon's managed in recent weeks. Just who IS telling him to hit 40 yard passes to the opposition defenders?......... Gazza by the sea
  • Score: 0

10:42pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

barnieb wrote:
Players waiving imaginary cards should be red carded and banned for 3 games,that will stop it.
I'd live to see a ref say "you want to see a card do you? Well, here's one!"
[quote][p][bold]barnieb[/bold] wrote: Players waiving imaginary cards should be red carded and banned for 3 games,that will stop it.[/p][/quote]I'd live to see a ref say "you want to see a card do you? Well, here's one!" Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: -1

12:28am Sun 9 Mar 14

Claude Back says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Asleep in Dorset wrote:
so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ?
Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ?
The rumours have abounded for months and months (and seem to be widely accepted) that Poyet turned up shortly prior to kick-off. This isn't just a random assertion from wrighty2008.
Well, you are completely wrong and that is a fact. You should not believe all the crap that appears on here unless you have witnessed it yourself, which is unlikely as you never go to a game.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Asleep in Dorset[/bold] wrote: so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ? Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ?[/p][/quote]The rumours have abounded for months and months (and seem to be widely accepted) that Poyet turned up shortly prior to kick-off. This isn't just a random assertion from wrighty2008.[/p][/quote]Well, you are completely wrong and that is a fact. You should not believe all the crap that appears on here unless you have witnessed it yourself, which is unlikely as you never go to a game. Claude Back
  • Score: 2

7:38am Sun 9 Mar 14

Baldseagull says...

Claude Back wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Asleep in Dorset wrote:
so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ?
Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ?
The rumours have abounded for months and months (and seem to be widely accepted) that Poyet turned up shortly prior to kick-off. This isn't just a random assertion from wrighty2008.
Well, you are completely wrong and that is a fact. You should not believe all the crap that appears on here unless you have witnessed it yourself, which is unlikely as you never go to a game.
And how can he trust what you say is a fact and not just more crap? I find that sentences posted on here ending with the word fact, are usually anything but.
Also, sentences under the words Claude Back, are usually pure ****.
[quote][p][bold]Claude Back[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Asleep in Dorset[/bold] wrote: so wrighty2908 knows for a fact that Poyet turned up 15 minutes before kick-off against Palace ? Re the matter in hand, LeFondre went down lie the proverbial sack of spuds, but in the main it was the protestations from the bench, the number 10 and Pearce that got Greer booked. I am under the impression that Adkins uses these bullying tactics in his team talk. Like a writer above, it might be worth checking out the other sending offs of sides against Reading. Is there a pattern to them ?[/p][/quote]The rumours have abounded for months and months (and seem to be widely accepted) that Poyet turned up shortly prior to kick-off. This isn't just a random assertion from wrighty2008.[/p][/quote]Well, you are completely wrong and that is a fact. You should not believe all the crap that appears on here unless you have witnessed it yourself, which is unlikely as you never go to a game.[/p][/quote]And how can he trust what you say is a fact and not just more crap? I find that sentences posted on here ending with the word fact, are usually anything but. Also, sentences under the words Claude Back, are usually pure ****. Baldseagull
  • Score: 2

10:17am Sun 9 Mar 14

lenward says...

thought we were the better side until the sending off, same old story , we don't create enough chances, and at the moment not the player to create them. Leo can not do it on his own. And i'm sorry to say Will Buckley does not seem to any confidence at the moment that chance he a confident Buckley would have taken the on further and scored. As for the sending off in my opinion yes the second foul was a bookable offence but not the first one. The reading players know how to get fouls and there did it all the game, perhaps we should do the same,we might get into these refs good books.
thought we were the better side until the sending off, same old story , we don't create enough chances, and at the moment not the player to create them. Leo can not do it on his own. And i'm sorry to say Will Buckley does not seem to any confidence at the moment that chance he a confident Buckley would have taken the on further and scored. As for the sending off in my opinion yes the second foul was a bookable offence but not the first one. The reading players know how to get fouls and there did it all the game, perhaps we should do the same,we might get into these refs good books. lenward
  • Score: 1

10:33am Sun 9 Mar 14

Reading fan in Brighton says...

Captain Haddock wrote:
Grendel wrote:
My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.
Whole I have the exact opposite view. Good(ish) performance, good few chances and Reading very jammy with ref's decisions. We have HUGE chance of play-offs.
Well Captain Haddock, you think that was a goodish peformance? One shot on target in the whole match as the home side, you have confirmed my previous comment as you clearly are brainless!!
[quote][p][bold]Captain Haddock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grendel[/bold] wrote: My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.[/p][/quote]Whole I have the exact opposite view. Good(ish) performance, good few chances and Reading very jammy with ref's decisions. We have HUGE chance of play-offs.[/p][/quote]Well Captain Haddock, you think that was a goodish peformance? One shot on target in the whole match as the home side, you have confirmed my previous comment as you clearly are brainless!! Reading fan in Brighton
  • Score: -1

7:54am Tue 11 Mar 14

Captain Haddock says...

Reading fan in Brighton wrote:
Captain Haddock wrote:
Grendel wrote:
My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.
Whole I have the exact opposite view. Good(ish) performance, good few chances and Reading very jammy with ref's decisions. We have HUGE chance of play-offs.
Well Captain Haddock, you think that was a goodish peformance? One shot on target in the whole match as the home side, you have confirmed my previous comment as you clearly are brainless!!
Ref changed the game. End of. As for your embarrassing "brainless" comment, I'll treat it' with the contempt it deserves.

P.S your team had no handle on us til we were down to ten men. Then you were able to draw. Shame you couldn't beat us despite unfair advantage. Still, you couldn't beat 8-man Yeovil either....a very amusing scenario I must say.
[quote][p][bold]Reading fan in Brighton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Captain Haddock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grendel[/bold] wrote: My instant impression was that Greer was off. Having said that, even with eleven men we were very poor indeed and gave their keeper nothing to do. Our only attacking idea seems to be to get in a cross from the right, and unfortunately we are even rubbish at that. We have little chance of making the playoffs because we cannot create chances. With a less solid defence we'd be fighting to avoid relegation. I think last season was our big chance, and we blew it.[/p][/quote]Whole I have the exact opposite view. Good(ish) performance, good few chances and Reading very jammy with ref's decisions. We have HUGE chance of play-offs.[/p][/quote]Well Captain Haddock, you think that was a goodish peformance? One shot on target in the whole match as the home side, you have confirmed my previous comment as you clearly are brainless!![/p][/quote]Ref changed the game. End of. As for your embarrassing "brainless" comment, I'll treat it' with the contempt it deserves. P.S your team had no handle on us til we were down to ten men. Then you were able to draw. Shame you couldn't beat us despite unfair advantage. Still, you couldn't beat 8-man Yeovil either....a very amusing scenario I must say. Captain Haddock
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree