Albion fans quick to renew season tickets

Paul Barber

Paul Barber

First published in Sport by , Chief sports reporter

Albion's season ticket renewals for next season have already broken through the 20,000 barrier.

The club expects the figure to rise appreciably before Thursday's 5pm deadline for upfront payers.

Chief executive Paul Barber said: "It has been a phenomenal initial response and to have so many renewing, so quickly, is excellent. It would be easy to take it for granted, but the loyalty shown by Albion fans is quite superb."

Albion are investigating extra benefits for fans at the Amex on a matchday, including free wifi for season ticket holders, an additional bar and more external food and drink options and entertainment.

Comments (40)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:11am Tue 11 Mar 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-) Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 11

11:29am Tue 11 Mar 14

Hovite says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
That theory has fallen to its death for the fourth year running, mentioning no names ;o)
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]That theory has fallen to its death for the fourth year running, mentioning no names ;o) Hovite
  • Score: 8

11:40am Tue 11 Mar 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Hovite wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
That theory has fallen to its death for the fourth year running, mentioning no names ;o)
The reports of its death are greatly exaggerated :-)
[quote][p][bold]Hovite[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]That theory has fallen to its death for the fourth year running, mentioning no names ;o)[/p][/quote]The reports of its death are greatly exaggerated :-) Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 5

11:52am Tue 11 Mar 14

championshipgull says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Hovite wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
That theory has fallen to its death for the fourth year running, mentioning no names ;o)
The reports of its death are greatly exaggerated :-)
“A pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself, and hates them for it.”
― George Bernard Shaw
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hovite[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]That theory has fallen to its death for the fourth year running, mentioning no names ;o)[/p][/quote]The reports of its death are greatly exaggerated :-)[/p][/quote]“A pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself, and hates them for it.” ― George Bernard Shaw championshipgull
  • Score: 7

11:53am Tue 11 Mar 14

albionfan33 says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe albionfan33
  • Score: 1

11:53am Tue 11 Mar 14

fratsomrover says...

When PB refers to the club looking at providing additional entertainment, does he mean on the pitch ?
Maybe they are considering starting with an attacking, skilful line-up with pace, flair and power.
That'd be more entertaining !!
When PB refers to the club looking at providing additional entertainment, does he mean on the pitch ? Maybe they are considering starting with an attacking, skilful line-up with pace, flair and power. That'd be more entertaining !! fratsomrover
  • Score: 0

12:09pm Tue 11 Mar 14

tug509 says...

Are you paying attention palARSE !!..

But don't cry too much ,there`s already too much rust holding your trailer camp together.:0))-
Are you paying attention palARSE !!.. But don't cry too much ,there`s already too much rust holding your trailer camp together.:0))- tug509
  • Score: 3

12:23pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Barney123 says...

Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment
Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment Barney123
  • Score: -17

12:52pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

It just goes to show that some of us on here, 'think,' we know what we are talking about, that what we say is so close to the truth we say it like a fact. The real truth is, we are a very small community with opinions which most of us like to use as debate material. Having an opinion allows us to speculate and express our hopes and fears, and when it comes to stating facts, well we should leave that to those that run the club, unless the comment is about one's personal thought, fact, I was at the match and I liked or didn't like the contribution of player X.

I think to sell so many season tickets so quickly is amazingly good.
It just goes to show that some of us on here, 'think,' we know what we are talking about, that what we say is so close to the truth we say it like a fact. The real truth is, we are a very small community with opinions which most of us like to use as debate material. Having an opinion allows us to speculate and express our hopes and fears, and when it comes to stating facts, well we should leave that to those that run the club, unless the comment is about one's personal thought, fact, I was at the match and I liked or didn't like the contribution of player X. I think to sell so many season tickets so quickly is amazingly good. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 10

12:52pm Tue 11 Mar 14

championshipgull says...

Barney123 wrote:
Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment
It appears like 20.000 people don’t agree with you.
[quote][p][bold]Barney123[/bold] wrote: Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment[/p][/quote]It appears like 20.000 people don’t agree with you. championshipgull
  • Score: 11

12:59pm Tue 11 Mar 14

tinker111 says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
It just goes to show that some of us on here, 'think,' we know what we are talking about, that what we say is so close to the truth we say it like a fact. The real truth is, we are a very small community with opinions which most of us like to use as debate material. Having an opinion allows us to speculate and express our hopes and fears, and when it comes to stating facts, well we should leave that to those that run the club, unless the comment is about one's personal thought, fact, I was at the match and I liked or didn't like the contribution of player X.

I think to sell so many season tickets so quickly is amazingly good.
Is it the truth from Barber?????
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: It just goes to show that some of us on here, 'think,' we know what we are talking about, that what we say is so close to the truth we say it like a fact. The real truth is, we are a very small community with opinions which most of us like to use as debate material. Having an opinion allows us to speculate and express our hopes and fears, and when it comes to stating facts, well we should leave that to those that run the club, unless the comment is about one's personal thought, fact, I was at the match and I liked or didn't like the contribution of player X. I think to sell so many season tickets so quickly is amazingly good.[/p][/quote]Is it the truth from Barber????? tinker111
  • Score: -15

1:24pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

tinker111 wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
It just goes to show that some of us on here, 'think,' we know what we are talking about, that what we say is so close to the truth we say it like a fact. The real truth is, we are a very small community with opinions which most of us like to use as debate material. Having an opinion allows us to speculate and express our hopes and fears, and when it comes to stating facts, well we should leave that to those that run the club, unless the comment is about one's personal thought, fact, I was at the match and I liked or didn't like the contribution of player X.

I think to sell so many season tickets so quickly is amazingly good.
Is it the truth from Barber?????
really, you want to suggest that lies are being told, grow up
[quote][p][bold]tinker111[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: It just goes to show that some of us on here, 'think,' we know what we are talking about, that what we say is so close to the truth we say it like a fact. The real truth is, we are a very small community with opinions which most of us like to use as debate material. Having an opinion allows us to speculate and express our hopes and fears, and when it comes to stating facts, well we should leave that to those that run the club, unless the comment is about one's personal thought, fact, I was at the match and I liked or didn't like the contribution of player X. I think to sell so many season tickets so quickly is amazingly good.[/p][/quote]Is it the truth from Barber?????[/p][/quote]really, you want to suggest that lies are being told, grow up VegasSeagull
  • Score: 9

1:33pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Brighton Bill says...

When you have supported the "Super Seagulls" since 1961 you don't just pack in even though you feel lke it on occasions, I stll feel Brighton should fall in line with the majority of other clubs and offer concessions at Age 60 and NOT 65. Agrieved from Bradford West Yorkshire.
When you have supported the "Super Seagulls" since 1961 you don't just pack in even though you feel lke it on occasions, I stll feel Brighton should fall in line with the majority of other clubs and offer concessions at Age 60 and NOT 65. Agrieved from Bradford West Yorkshire. Brighton Bill
  • Score: 10

1:45pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

Tears 4 fears wrote:
Say a group of people that never go to games.Just 12 posts from 28 thousand fans.Once the game kicks off tonight the same little small group will be on this site posting like mad.
you do know that for various reasons a lot of those on here just can't attend the matches. Distance, illness, lack of money, working, children to look after or early an start at work the following day, don't look down on us, just be happy that you can attend.
[quote][p][bold]Tears 4 fears[/bold] wrote: Say a group of people that never go to games.Just 12 posts from 28 thousand fans.Once the game kicks off tonight the same little small group will be on this site posting like mad.[/p][/quote]you do know that for various reasons a lot of those on here just can't attend the matches. Distance, illness, lack of money, working, children to look after or early an start at work the following day, don't look down on us, just be happy that you can attend. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 8

1:49pm Tue 11 Mar 14

mark by the sea says...

albionfan33 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe
I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home..
The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000
[quote][p][bold]albionfan33[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe[/p][/quote]I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home.. The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000 mark by the sea
  • Score: -3

1:53pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

mark by the sea wrote:
albionfan33 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe
I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home..
The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000
if you get what you expect isn't anything else a bonus? How many did we sell last year, I know the number has been published, but I can't recall the figure.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albionfan33[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe[/p][/quote]I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home.. The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000[/p][/quote]if you get what you expect isn't anything else a bonus? How many did we sell last year, I know the number has been published, but I can't recall the figure. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

2:02pm Tue 11 Mar 14

wietraurig says...

This article and Barber's claim are, unfortunately, nonsense. The majority of existing season ticket holders (including me and the rest of my family) who pay by monthly direct debit, have until next Thursday to decide whether to continue with the arrangement. Until they do, it is premature to count them as having 'renewed' their season tickets.
This article and Barber's claim are, unfortunately, nonsense. The majority of existing season ticket holders (including me and the rest of my family) who pay by monthly direct debit, have until next Thursday to decide whether to continue with the arrangement. Until they do, it is premature to count them as having 'renewed' their season tickets. wietraurig
  • Score: 1

2:02pm Tue 11 Mar 14

mark by the sea says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
albionfan33 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe
I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home..
The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000
if you get what you expect isn't anything else a bonus? How many did we sell last year, I know the number has been published, but I can't recall the figure.
Sold last year 23,750.. -24,000, I have to say I am surprised at the level of support, I was expecting a levelling off after the initial honeymoon had worn off,
If OG gets in a good pro active pre season I can't see any reason why we can't maintain last years figures.. We have crowds many premier clubs would be happy with,
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albionfan33[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe[/p][/quote]I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home.. The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000[/p][/quote]if you get what you expect isn't anything else a bonus? How many did we sell last year, I know the number has been published, but I can't recall the figure.[/p][/quote]Sold last year 23,750.. -24,000, I have to say I am surprised at the level of support, I was expecting a levelling off after the initial honeymoon had worn off, If OG gets in a good pro active pre season I can't see any reason why we can't maintain last years figures.. We have crowds many premier clubs would be happy with, mark by the sea
  • Score: -1

2:11pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

wietraurig wrote:
This article and Barber's claim are, unfortunately, nonsense. The majority of existing season ticket holders (including me and the rest of my family) who pay by monthly direct debit, have until next Thursday to decide whether to continue with the arrangement. Until they do, it is premature to count them as having 'renewed' their season tickets.
Barber didn't mention people on a deal such as yours, he simply stated how many have been sold to date. When you and the rest of your family renew the number will increase. I am not sure how you know what the majority of people on your method of payment have done but if you are right, then we will have a bumper year for sales.
[quote][p][bold]wietraurig[/bold] wrote: This article and Barber's claim are, unfortunately, nonsense. The majority of existing season ticket holders (including me and the rest of my family) who pay by monthly direct debit, have until next Thursday to decide whether to continue with the arrangement. Until they do, it is premature to count them as having 'renewed' their season tickets.[/p][/quote]Barber didn't mention people on a deal such as yours, he simply stated how many have been sold to date. When you and the rest of your family renew the number will increase. I am not sure how you know what the majority of people on your method of payment have done but if you are right, then we will have a bumper year for sales. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 2

2:15pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Newhavenles says...

Barney123 is right about the entertainment value this year,but with so much going on off the pitch it's not surprising that it has been a bit flat as the team just aren't really settled, and then we get another injury.Still a fantastic Saturday afternoon's entertainment,can't wait to get in my seat,( not too keen on evening matches)and once the game starts who knows where it will go.Have bought next seasons ticket
Barney123 is right about the entertainment value this year,but with so much going on off the pitch it's not surprising that it has been a bit flat as the team just aren't really settled, and then we get another injury.Still a fantastic Saturday afternoon's entertainment,can't wait to get in my seat,( not too keen on evening matches)and once the game starts who knows where it will go.Have bought next seasons ticket Newhavenles
  • Score: 4

2:21pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

mark by the sea wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
mark by the sea wrote:
albionfan33 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing.

All is good :-)
wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe
I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home..
The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000
if you get what you expect isn't anything else a bonus? How many did we sell last year, I know the number has been published, but I can't recall the figure.
Sold last year 23,750.. -24,000, I have to say I am surprised at the level of support, I was expecting a levelling off after the initial honeymoon had worn off,
If OG gets in a good pro active pre season I can't see any reason why we can't maintain last years figures.. We have crowds many premier clubs would be happy with,
thanks Mark.
Whilst it's amazing how quickly so many tickets have been sold, Brighton have always had the potential to be the biggest club on the south coast.
When we make it to the prem our average gate numbers will increase, visiting club support numbers will be higher and I think we could see most matches sold out as far as home support is concerned.
I think today's numbers reflect the desire of people wanting to go to a match, they want live soccer and let's be honest, the bulk of those attending are clearly happy with what they get for their money, the numbers prove it and I think it can only get better.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albionfan33[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Looks like all those worrying how performances and signings were going to affect next season's ticket sales were worrying about nothing. All is good :-)[/p][/quote]wouldnt u like to tag mbts right about now hehe[/p][/quote]I am here, we will see where season ticket sales end up, I have renewed mine, and have been going to 75% of games at the withdean and have missed 4-5 games a season at home.. The sale of 20,000 is expected, let's see if we hit the 24,000[/p][/quote]if you get what you expect isn't anything else a bonus? How many did we sell last year, I know the number has been published, but I can't recall the figure.[/p][/quote]Sold last year 23,750.. -24,000, I have to say I am surprised at the level of support, I was expecting a levelling off after the initial honeymoon had worn off, If OG gets in a good pro active pre season I can't see any reason why we can't maintain last years figures.. We have crowds many premier clubs would be happy with,[/p][/quote]thanks Mark. Whilst it's amazing how quickly so many tickets have been sold, Brighton have always had the potential to be the biggest club on the south coast. When we make it to the prem our average gate numbers will increase, visiting club support numbers will be higher and I think we could see most matches sold out as far as home support is concerned. I think today's numbers reflect the desire of people wanting to go to a match, they want live soccer and let's be honest, the bulk of those attending are clearly happy with what they get for their money, the numbers prove it and I think it can only get better. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 2

2:29pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Billywhizz40 says...

I suspect that most people pay monthly for their season tickets to help with budgeting.
The football hasn't been the greatest this year, but it has been good to take my boys, who are Albion crazy, for a afternoon or evening out. The atmosphere in the North West is amazing. On my third season at the Amex, wish I had done it years ago!
I suspect that most people pay monthly for their season tickets to help with budgeting. The football hasn't been the greatest this year, but it has been good to take my boys, who are Albion crazy, for a afternoon or evening out. The atmosphere in the North West is amazing. On my third season at the Amex, wish I had done it years ago! Billywhizz40
  • Score: 6

2:50pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Neville says...

Agree with an earlier post,these figures are not accurate as mentioned season ticket holders who pay by direct debit (my 2 tickets included) have until next Thursday to renew. So very much counting chickens before they have hatched. We currently have 24000 ticket holders for this season lets hope we retain them all.
Agree with an earlier post,these figures are not accurate as mentioned season ticket holders who pay by direct debit (my 2 tickets included) have until next Thursday to renew. So very much counting chickens before they have hatched. We currently have 24000 ticket holders for this season lets hope we retain them all. Neville
  • Score: -1

3:10pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

Neville wrote:
Agree with an earlier post,these figures are not accurate as mentioned season ticket holders who pay by direct debit (my 2 tickets included) have until next Thursday to renew. So very much counting chickens before they have hatched. We currently have 24000 ticket holders for this season lets hope we retain them all.
Neville please, how do you, 'know,' that people have not renewed and therefor make Barber's numbers in accurate?
Barber has stated a number, he would know the number as it's responsibility to know. Just because you have until next Thursday to renew and as of yet you have not done so, doesn't mean that thousands of others haven't. I don't understand why you dispute what Barber has stated. Why are the numbers wrong, on what do you base your opinion?
[quote][p][bold]Neville[/bold] wrote: Agree with an earlier post,these figures are not accurate as mentioned season ticket holders who pay by direct debit (my 2 tickets included) have until next Thursday to renew. So very much counting chickens before they have hatched. We currently have 24000 ticket holders for this season lets hope we retain them all.[/p][/quote]Neville please, how do you, 'know,' that people have not renewed and therefor make Barber's numbers in accurate? Barber has stated a number, he would know the number as it's responsibility to know. Just because you have until next Thursday to renew and as of yet you have not done so, doesn't mean that thousands of others haven't. I don't understand why you dispute what Barber has stated. Why are the numbers wrong, on what do you base your opinion? VegasSeagull
  • Score: 6

3:29pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Chi Gull says...

MBTS - usually have time for your posts, whether I agree with them or not! I don't think it is just about the quality of the football on the pitch, and signings, it is also about the whole match day experience. The football is slightly down on last season, but we have still had some cracking games. Even the Wigan game that we lost was a good game with a very promising team performance. We have seen Ince and March come into the side and do well. I will always buy my season ticket as I did at Withdean, but even I am surprised at the level of support the club is attracting and keeping. Even a 10% fall in season ticket sales could easily be reversed with a good start to next season. I have enjoyed this season so far in spite of the lack of goals. We are so lucky to have had all the investment from TB that has contributed to the fantastic support the club now has - build it and they will come ..... and they have!
MBTS - usually have time for your posts, whether I agree with them or not! I don't think it is just about the quality of the football on the pitch, and signings, it is also about the whole match day experience. The football is slightly down on last season, but we have still had some cracking games. Even the Wigan game that we lost was a good game with a very promising team performance. We have seen Ince and March come into the side and do well. I will always buy my season ticket as I did at Withdean, but even I am surprised at the level of support the club is attracting and keeping. Even a 10% fall in season ticket sales could easily be reversed with a good start to next season. I have enjoyed this season so far in spite of the lack of goals. We are so lucky to have had all the investment from TB that has contributed to the fantastic support the club now has - build it and they will come ..... and they have! Chi Gull
  • Score: 10

3:46pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Brighton Bill says...

Tears 4 fears wrote:
Say a group of people that never go to games.Just 12 posts from 28 thousand fans.Once the game kicks off tonight the same little small group will be on this site posting like mad.
And your point is? "The Way You Are" to you. LOL
[quote][p][bold]Tears 4 fears[/bold] wrote: Say a group of people that never go to games.Just 12 posts from 28 thousand fans.Once the game kicks off tonight the same little small group will be on this site posting like mad.[/p][/quote]And your point is? "The Way You Are" to you. LOL Brighton Bill
  • Score: 2

3:51pm Tue 11 Mar 14

dave from bexill says...

20,000 season tickets renewed already, with almost two months of the current season left is absolutely brilliant in my view. What I'd love to see tonight (apart from a win of course) is our best gate of the season i.e. in excess of 28,000. It's reasonable weather and although not top, QPR are arguably the biggest draw in the championship with both teams having it all to play for. As the lady from Norwich said "Lets be having you" UTA
20,000 season tickets renewed already, with almost two months of the current season left is absolutely brilliant in my view. What I'd love to see tonight (apart from a win of course) is our best gate of the season i.e. in excess of 28,000. It's reasonable weather and although not top, QPR are arguably the biggest draw in the championship with both teams having it all to play for. As the lady from Norwich said "Lets be having you" UTA dave from bexill
  • Score: 2

3:51pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Neville says...

Vegas,
No big deal on this but for the figures to be accurate Thursday deadline needs to be reached and then the renewals will be accurate.If PB is saying already this figure has been reached that's great but cannot see how he can confirm this
Vegas, No big deal on this but for the figures to be accurate Thursday deadline needs to be reached and then the renewals will be accurate.If PB is saying already this figure has been reached that's great but cannot see how he can confirm this Neville
  • Score: 0

4:04pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Neville says...

Vegas sorry shud have added that PB cannot know the figures accurately because direct debit season tkt holders are automatically renewed without any action required so perhaps he is assuming that no one will cancel.
Vegas sorry shud have added that PB cannot know the figures accurately because direct debit season tkt holders are automatically renewed without any action required so perhaps he is assuming that no one will cancel. Neville
  • Score: 0

4:09pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

Neville wrote:
Vegas,
No big deal on this but for the figures to be accurate Thursday deadline needs to be reached and then the renewals will be accurate.If PB is saying already this figure has been reached that's great but cannot see how he can confirm this
As you say Nev, not a big deal but Barber would have access to the records, all season ticket holders names are stored on a computer along with their payment record, real easy to find out how many have renewed.
I guess the point that you might be making is that those that pay monthly would not have paid for any matches next year where as those that pay in a lump sum have, and this would be true, but if they have clicked on the yes button to continue the direct debit for next year, then they are considered as renewals.
[quote][p][bold]Neville[/bold] wrote: Vegas, No big deal on this but for the figures to be accurate Thursday deadline needs to be reached and then the renewals will be accurate.If PB is saying already this figure has been reached that's great but cannot see how he can confirm this[/p][/quote]As you say Nev, not a big deal but Barber would have access to the records, all season ticket holders names are stored on a computer along with their payment record, real easy to find out how many have renewed. I guess the point that you might be making is that those that pay monthly would not have paid for any matches next year where as those that pay in a lump sum have, and this would be true, but if they have clicked on the yes button to continue the direct debit for next year, then they are considered as renewals. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

4:26pm Tue 11 Mar 14

VegasSeagull says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Neville wrote:
Vegas,
No big deal on this but for the figures to be accurate Thursday deadline needs to be reached and then the renewals will be accurate.If PB is saying already this figure has been reached that's great but cannot see how he can confirm this
As you say Nev, not a big deal but Barber would have access to the records, all season ticket holders names are stored on a computer along with their payment record, real easy to find out how many have renewed.
I guess the point that you might be making is that those that pay monthly would not have paid for any matches next year where as those that pay in a lump sum have, and this would be true, but if they have clicked on the yes button to continue the direct debit for next year, then they are considered as renewals.
we overlapped Nev with our comments
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Neville[/bold] wrote: Vegas, No big deal on this but for the figures to be accurate Thursday deadline needs to be reached and then the renewals will be accurate.If PB is saying already this figure has been reached that's great but cannot see how he can confirm this[/p][/quote]As you say Nev, not a big deal but Barber would have access to the records, all season ticket holders names are stored on a computer along with their payment record, real easy to find out how many have renewed. I guess the point that you might be making is that those that pay monthly would not have paid for any matches next year where as those that pay in a lump sum have, and this would be true, but if they have clicked on the yes button to continue the direct debit for next year, then they are considered as renewals.[/p][/quote]we overlapped Nev with our comments VegasSeagull
  • Score: -1

5:10pm Tue 11 Mar 14

mark by the sea says...

Chi Gull wrote:
MBTS - usually have time for your posts, whether I agree with them or not! I don't think it is just about the quality of the football on the pitch, and signings, it is also about the whole match day experience. The football is slightly down on last season, but we have still had some cracking games. Even the Wigan game that we lost was a good game with a very promising team performance. We have seen Ince and March come into the side and do well. I will always buy my season ticket as I did at Withdean, but even I am surprised at the level of support the club is attracting and keeping. Even a 10% fall in season ticket sales could easily be reversed with a good start to next season. I have enjoyed this season so far in spite of the lack of goals. We are so lucky to have had all the investment from TB that has contributed to the fantastic support the club now has - build it and they will come ..... and they have!
I was really not talking about die hard fans, of those I would think 6500 are over ten years going regularly , but the ones who have come with there wives, grand kids... I want to see the stadium sell out and rock like it did against palace.. That was my highlight of last 10 years..
With respect to OG , he has a lot to improve on, the squad has gaps where a injury or two could leave us in the lurch..
[quote][p][bold]Chi Gull[/bold] wrote: MBTS - usually have time for your posts, whether I agree with them or not! I don't think it is just about the quality of the football on the pitch, and signings, it is also about the whole match day experience. The football is slightly down on last season, but we have still had some cracking games. Even the Wigan game that we lost was a good game with a very promising team performance. We have seen Ince and March come into the side and do well. I will always buy my season ticket as I did at Withdean, but even I am surprised at the level of support the club is attracting and keeping. Even a 10% fall in season ticket sales could easily be reversed with a good start to next season. I have enjoyed this season so far in spite of the lack of goals. We are so lucky to have had all the investment from TB that has contributed to the fantastic support the club now has - build it and they will come ..... and they have![/p][/quote]I was really not talking about die hard fans, of those I would think 6500 are over ten years going regularly , but the ones who have come with there wives, grand kids... I want to see the stadium sell out and rock like it did against palace.. That was my highlight of last 10 years.. With respect to OG , he has a lot to improve on, the squad has gaps where a injury or two could leave us in the lurch.. mark by the sea
  • Score: 0

5:27pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Ringmer Rich says...

fratsomrover wrote:
When PB refers to the club looking at providing additional entertainment, does he mean on the pitch ?
Maybe they are considering starting with an attacking, skilful line-up with pace, flair and power.
That'd be more entertaining !!
miaoooww!!!
[quote][p][bold]fratsomrover[/bold] wrote: When PB refers to the club looking at providing additional entertainment, does he mean on the pitch ? Maybe they are considering starting with an attacking, skilful line-up with pace, flair and power. That'd be more entertaining !![/p][/quote]miaoooww!!! Ringmer Rich
  • Score: -1

5:28pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Ringmer Rich says...

fratsomrover wrote:
When PB refers to the club looking at providing additional entertainment, does he mean on the pitch ?
Maybe they are considering starting with an attacking, skilful line-up with pace, flair and power.
That'd be more entertaining !!
miaoowww!!
[quote][p][bold]fratsomrover[/bold] wrote: When PB refers to the club looking at providing additional entertainment, does he mean on the pitch ? Maybe they are considering starting with an attacking, skilful line-up with pace, flair and power. That'd be more entertaining !![/p][/quote]miaoowww!! Ringmer Rich
  • Score: -1

5:29pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Ringmer Rich says...

tug509 wrote:
Are you paying attention palARSE !!..

But don't cry too much ,there`s already too much rust holding your trailer camp together.:0))-
Lol
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: Are you paying attention palARSE !!.. But don't cry too much ,there`s already too much rust holding your trailer camp together.:0))-[/p][/quote]Lol Ringmer Rich
  • Score: 1

5:33pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Ringmer Rich says...

Barney123 wrote:
Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment
You have to play to your strengths. If we played with two wingers and two forwards, we would lose out most times in the middle.
[quote][p][bold]Barney123[/bold] wrote: Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment[/p][/quote]You have to play to your strengths. If we played with two wingers and two forwards, we would lose out most times in the middle. Ringmer Rich
  • Score: 1

5:40pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Ringmer Rich says...

I think many of you still don't realise the draw of watching football in a top class stadium. Plus, we are still there or thereabouts in the league, performing reasonably well. What exactly are you expecting from a club of Brighton's size. We will never be able to compete with the top seven or eight PL teams. The rest of the premier league is on a par with the top half of the championship.
I think many of you still don't realise the draw of watching football in a top class stadium. Plus, we are still there or thereabouts in the league, performing reasonably well. What exactly are you expecting from a club of Brighton's size. We will never be able to compete with the top seven or eight PL teams. The rest of the premier league is on a par with the top half of the championship. Ringmer Rich
  • Score: 0

5:54pm Tue 11 Mar 14

golddene says...

Neville wrote:
Agree with an earlier post,these figures are not accurate as mentioned season ticket holders who pay by direct debit (my 2 tickets included) have until next Thursday to renew. So very much counting chickens before they have hatched. We currently have 24000 ticket holders for this season lets hope we retain them all.
Not necessarily, myself and all the season ticket holders that are in my group are lump sum payees and we have all renewed already, although, one guy who was on pay monthly decided to not renew due to personal circumstances. Still is a great effort by all concerned to have so many renewals already. Well done all.
[quote][p][bold]Neville[/bold] wrote: Agree with an earlier post,these figures are not accurate as mentioned season ticket holders who pay by direct debit (my 2 tickets included) have until next Thursday to renew. So very much counting chickens before they have hatched. We currently have 24000 ticket holders for this season lets hope we retain them all.[/p][/quote]Not necessarily, myself and all the season ticket holders that are in my group are lump sum payees and we have all renewed already, although, one guy who was on pay monthly decided to not renew due to personal circumstances. Still is a great effort by all concerned to have so many renewals already. Well done all. golddene
  • Score: 0

10:18pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Clean Sheet says...

Great crowd tonight. We are back to the numbers we used to get in the old Div 1, but our new stadium gives us more potential. We could easily hold our own in the PL with respect to crowd size. Bring it on!
Great crowd tonight. We are back to the numbers we used to get in the old Div 1, but our new stadium gives us more potential. We could easily hold our own in the PL with respect to crowd size. Bring it on! Clean Sheet
  • Score: 0

10:54pm Tue 11 Mar 14

Withdean-er says...

Ringmer Rich wrote:
Barney123 wrote:
Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment
You have to play to your strengths. If we played with two wingers and two forwards, we would lose out most times in the middle.
Spot on.
Many PL and Championship teams play 1 upfront and 2 'defensive 'midfielders, especially when up against relatively dangerous opponents.
Teams playing 2 out and out strikers like Liverpool and Burnley are the exception. For us, often against expensively assembled and/or rated centre midfields, we have to load that area too to have a chance in that key battle.
[quote][p][bold]Ringmer Rich[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Barney123[/bold] wrote: Just a press release to add some level of concern for STH's who aren't really sure if they want to renew or not. The entertainment this season hasn't been great, apart from a handful of games. Playing 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders and only one winger at a time does't equate to good entertainment[/p][/quote]You have to play to your strengths. If we played with two wingers and two forwards, we would lose out most times in the middle.[/p][/quote]Spot on. Many PL and Championship teams play 1 upfront and 2 'defensive 'midfielders, especially when up against relatively dangerous opponents. Teams playing 2 out and out strikers like Liverpool and Burnley are the exception. For us, often against expensively assembled and/or rated centre midfields, we have to load that area too to have a chance in that key battle. Withdean-er
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree