Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has told fans his sacked former boss “deserved better”.
Charlton manager Chris Powell has been sacked, less than 48 hours after his side played in an FA Cup quarter-final.
Powell had been attempting to mastermind a fight against relegation, despite losing key players including Stephens, who joined Albion on deadline day in January.
Stephens tweeted: “This game is ruthless, can't say I'm surprised. No place for loyalty unfortunately, he deserved better.”
Powell signed Stephens for Charlton in the summer of 2011 and led them to the League One title the following season.
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Football round-up: Hillians go top, Bognor claim first win
- Gregory delighted to get back to winning ways
- Banya on target as Crawley end losing streak