Keith Andrews has underlined Albion’s desire to make the Premier League.
Even though several players have no idea whether they will be at the Amex next term.
On-loan Andrews sits out the trip to his parent club Bolton on Saturday.
Bolton-born Dale Stephens is favourite to take his midfield berth.
Andrews said: “There’s no certainties that a lot of us are going to be here next year.
“But to get a promotion on your CV is something you don’t often get in your career.
“I’ve had a couple I’ve been fortunate to get and I’ve played in the Premier League and know what it’s all about.
“But the lads who haven’t are as hungry to get this promotion as the ones who have already played in the Premier League.”
Wigan moved back above the Seagulls into seventh place last night with a fortunate 1-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday.
Jordi Gomez calmly converted a controversial 88th-minute penalty for the winner.
Latics keeper Ali Al Habsi saved a Leon Best spot kick in the first half. Al Habsi conceded the penalty himself but escaped a red card.
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home