Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Chance to vote on Sussex merger plan
A plan to merge Sussex County Cricket Club and the Sussex Cricket Board is expected to be ratified at the club's AGM tomorrow night.
Members of Sussex CCC will be asked to agree a recommendation to integrate the two bodies responsible for professional and recreational cricket in the county into a single one called Sussex Cricket.
Sussex chairman Jim May said: “We believe there are clear benefits from merging the bodies. They range from improved marketing to a better pathway for homegrown players.”
Jim Parks is also set to be elected as Sussex president for the second year running while there will be an opportunity for members to quiz chief executive Zac Toumazi, cricket performance manager Keith Greenfield and May. The meeting starts at 7pm in the Spen Cama Pavilion at Hove.
- Hyypia keeps his cool - but he admits 'it’s not an ideal situation'
- Jackson masterclass leads England
- Sussex go down in opening 50-over clash
- Scott makes it double gold for Sussex in Commonwealth Games
- Hales cuts loose at Horsham as Notts set Sussex a testing total
Comments are closed on this article.