Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Torres: It would be wrench to leave Crawley
Sergio Torres admits it would be a massive wrench to leave Crawley in the summer.
The Argentinean midfielder has not given up hope of earning a new deal to stay at Reds but is realistic enough to accept that his future probably lies elsewhere following a frustrating season.
Torres made only his second league start of the season in the 2-0 defeat to Sheffield United on Tuesday having been initially frozen out of the team by former boss Richie Barker.
John Gregory has also been reluctant to use the popular 32-year-old since taking over at the start of December and even left Torres out of the squad altogether for the game at Walsall last month.
Torres is out of contract in the summer and although Gregory has said he would like to retain all of his current squad the former Peterborough and Wycombe midfielder has yet to be offered a new deal.
Even if he was Torres might still opt to end his four-year love affair with Crawley in search of regular first team football elsewhere.
Torres said: “I have been on the bench too long so that is why I need to consider what is going to happen in the summer. We haven’t talked about contracts yet but I will definitely see what options I have as I want to play more football.
“I love this club and would love to stay here but we will see what happens. I wouldn’t want to stay and not play so I’ll sit down and see what the manager has to say and take it from there.
“I am 32 and have got a family to look after so it is a worrying time. I often talk with my wife about what is going to happen because in a few months time I could find myself without a job.