Albion are looking to send Middlesbrough home unhappy today – for the first time in 24 years.
Mark Barham was on target when the Teessiders were last vanquished in Sussex.
Boro have recorded three wins and two draws in their five subsequent visits to the Goldstone and the Amex.
A deflected Marvin Emnes strike gave them the points last season.
The defensive records of both teams suggest a repeat of the first ever league meeting in Sussex is very unlikely.
Brian Clough’s hat-trick Boro win 6-4 in 1958-59 to follow up their opening-day 9-0 romp at Ayresome Park.
If you like your Albion nostalgia, don’t miss Howard Griggs’ Looking Back column, part of our five-page match preview in The Argus today.
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home