Oscar Garcia has confirmed Will Buckley suffered a hamstring problem in defeat by Middlesbrough today.
But he is unsure how serious the injury is.
Buckley left the action in the first half of the Seagulls' 2-0 reverse at the Amex.
Oscar said it was a hamstring problem but added: “Right now I don’t know exactly what happened or which kind of injury he has.”
The Albion head coach surprised some fans by replacing his right winger with midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey rather than Kazenga LuaLua or Solly March, who were also on the bench.
He moved David Lopez from a central role out to the right flank.
Oscar said: “We were losing the midfield. We knew the understanding between David Lopez and Bruno would be fine on the right side.
“So we decided to put Jake on.”
- Albion v Charlton from the Amex
- Dunk double saves a point for Albion
- Colunga starts but Baldock must await his chance
- Baldock admits he has 'unfinished business' in the Championship
- McLeod penalty saved as Crawley lose to ten men