The ArgusRodriguez feels great after he 'opens the can' in Albion career (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Rodriguez feels great after he 'opens the can' in Albion career

The Argus: David Rodriguez celebrates opening the scoring David Rodriguez celebrates opening the scoring

David Rodriguez has admitted he was thrilled to get off the mark in English football.

But he was just as happy when team-mate Dale Stephens also opened his Albion account – with a dramatic late leveller.

Rodriguez scored his first goal for the Seagulls in the 3-3 thriller at Blackburn.

He said: “As we say back in my country, I’ve ‘opened the can’ and it’s a great feeling.

“I’m delighted for myself but even more so because I helped us get an important point.”

Albion threw away the advantage given them early on by the ex-Celta attacker and trailed twice.

But Stephens secured a potentially precious point with his 88th-minute header in the Seagulls’ long-awaited game in hand.

Rodriguez added: “We wanted to win because this was a match which could have helped put us in a very good position.

“But, given the way the game went, a point is good for us.

“The fact we scored almost in the last minute will give us a real boost for the next match.”

Albion’s assistant head coach Nathan Jones said: “We started very well, we didn’t play particularly well.

“We didn’t defend as we normally do as a Brighton team.

“But we showed a lot of character.

“To come back and get a point here, that will be a big point – I guarantee it.”

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:34am Wed 2 Apr 14

gilbertthecat says...

Well done DR and let's hope for many more. Somehow think that depends on tactics though. Strange we didn;t play partixcularly well and the defence didn't defend as normal, according to NJ, but we end up slotting three goals from open play. Well if it makes it entertaining to watch and gives us a chance to win rather than lose (as per prev 3 games) then I'm all for playing lousy footbal!

When I heard GG had scored I thought it might have been an own goal with the luck he's had of late but was delighted to be wrong. And DS opening his account as well was good news indeed. Now if Lingard can break his duck on Saturday and LL come on and score his first this season we could even hope for someone else to join the party.

(Opens map and looks for Barnsley!)
Well done DR and let's hope for many more. Somehow think that depends on tactics though. Strange we didn;t play partixcularly well and the defence didn't defend as normal, according to NJ, but we end up slotting three goals from open play. Well if it makes it entertaining to watch and gives us a chance to win rather than lose (as per prev 3 games) then I'm all for playing lousy footbal! When I heard GG had scored I thought it might have been an own goal with the luck he's had of late but was delighted to be wrong. And DS opening his account as well was good news indeed. Now if Lingard can break his duck on Saturday and LL come on and score his first this season we could even hope for someone else to join the party. (Opens map and looks for Barnsley!) gilbertthecat
  • Score: 4

7:17am Wed 2 Apr 14

fatso says...

GG didn't score. It was an OG.
GG didn't score. It was an OG. fatso
  • Score: -29

7:32am Wed 2 Apr 14

russellsnr2 says...

Really good game I thought and happy to come away with a point that could be vital at season end.
Not so happy with Jones says and Jones says that not only here but also on the Seagulls site, I thought Oscar was the man in charge?
Really good game I thought and happy to come away with a point that could be vital at season end. Not so happy with Jones says and Jones says that not only here but also on the Seagulls site, I thought Oscar was the man in charge? russellsnr2
  • Score: 4

7:57am Wed 2 Apr 14

Far gull says...

Fair result . Which changes nothing except stops losing streak. Ashley Barnes must be a clubs striker kiss of death to his team mates now as well as ings ,vokes has done a cruciate ligament and he is only recognised striker in first team at Burnley .
Fair result . Which changes nothing except stops losing streak. Ashley Barnes must be a clubs striker kiss of death to his team mates now as well as ings ,vokes has done a cruciate ligament and he is only recognised striker in first team at Burnley . Far gull
  • Score: 7

8:20am Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!!
i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 13

8:39am Wed 2 Apr 14

OldGull says...

JeffLomer wrote:
i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!!
well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek.
I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at.

Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time?
It was a substitution I predicted.
I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on.
UTA
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek. I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at. Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time? It was a substitution I predicted. I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on. UTA OldGull
  • Score: 10

8:48am Wed 2 Apr 14

OldGull says...

fatso wrote:
GG didn't score. It was an OG.
I watched the stream, it was a GG goal.
It has been credited to him.
[quote][p][bold]fatso[/bold] wrote: GG didn't score. It was an OG.[/p][/quote]I watched the stream, it was a GG goal. It has been credited to him. OldGull
  • Score: 9

8:51am Wed 2 Apr 14

Albion In Staffs says...

However it was obtained, it was a good solid point, but for me it doesn't change the bigger picture.
I still don't think we're good enough to be in the play offs but, by the same token we're nowhere near as bad, or OG nowhere near as inadequate as some would have it.
Its a performance which shows we have the nucleus of a group that's capable of challenging next year and OG is a solid operator who should be allowed (by the fans, as well as the club) to get on with the job that needs doing in the summer.
However it was obtained, it was a good solid point, but for me it doesn't change the bigger picture. I still don't think we're good enough to be in the play offs but, by the same token we're nowhere near as bad, or OG nowhere near as inadequate as some would have it. Its a performance which shows we have the nucleus of a group that's capable of challenging next year and OG is a solid operator who should be allowed (by the fans, as well as the club) to get on with the job that needs doing in the summer. Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 19

9:29am Wed 2 Apr 14

jose12 says...

t of the first team to many mistakes by him keep him as a reserve
t of the first team to many mistakes by him keep him as a reserve jose12
  • Score: 3

9:31am Wed 2 Apr 14

jose12 says...

sorry keep greer out of first team to many mistakes keep him as back up
sorry keep greer out of first team to many mistakes keep him as back up jose12
  • Score: 3

10:28am Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!!
well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek.
I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at.

Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time?
It was a substitution I predicted.
I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on.
UTA
Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!!
[quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek. I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at. Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time? It was a substitution I predicted. I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on. UTA[/p][/quote]Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 9

10:42am Wed 2 Apr 14

Joel'sGrandad says...

Whilst 3 points would have been better, this was a good point. More importantly bagging 3 goals was the most important aspect of the evening because it proves there are goals in the side and will give us confidence.
Just stop the rot at the other end and we're laughing! UTA
Whilst 3 points would have been better, this was a good point. More importantly bagging 3 goals was the most important aspect of the evening because it proves there are goals in the side and will give us confidence. Just stop the rot at the other end and we're laughing! UTA Joel'sGrandad
  • Score: 6

10:45am Wed 2 Apr 14

pablobrowno says...

Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing! pablobrowno
  • Score: 1

10:52am Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

Albion In Staffs wrote:
However it was obtained, it was a good solid point, but for me it doesn't change the bigger picture.
I still don't think we're good enough to be in the play offs but, by the same token we're nowhere near as bad, or OG nowhere near as inadequate as some would have it.
Its a performance which shows we have the nucleus of a group that's capable of challenging next year and OG is a solid operator who should be allowed (by the fans, as well as the club) to get on with the job that needs doing in the summer.
Good post Albion in Staffs, I thought when we got promoted under Gus we were told we had a five year plan to get out off this league, surely that should be the case with Oscar from when he took charge, in my opinion its no good sacking a manager because some fans are a bit impatient and think we have the right to get promoted, if we were to sack Oscar like some want on here i think we could be having the same conversation this time next year, i agree give him time to get us were everyone wants us to be, to sack him will set our club back years its all about being patient, i am so glad we did not lose last night because i for one was dreading to read the posts on here, we deserved at least a point last night, roll on Barnsley!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Albion In Staffs[/bold] wrote: However it was obtained, it was a good solid point, but for me it doesn't change the bigger picture. I still don't think we're good enough to be in the play offs but, by the same token we're nowhere near as bad, or OG nowhere near as inadequate as some would have it. Its a performance which shows we have the nucleus of a group that's capable of challenging next year and OG is a solid operator who should be allowed (by the fans, as well as the club) to get on with the job that needs doing in the summer.[/p][/quote]Good post Albion in Staffs, I thought when we got promoted under Gus we were told we had a five year plan to get out off this league, surely that should be the case with Oscar from when he took charge, in my opinion its no good sacking a manager because some fans are a bit impatient and think we have the right to get promoted, if we were to sack Oscar like some want on here i think we could be having the same conversation this time next year, i agree give him time to get us were everyone wants us to be, to sack him will set our club back years its all about being patient, i am so glad we did not lose last night because i for one was dreading to read the posts on here, we deserved at least a point last night, roll on Barnsley!!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 11

12:30pm Wed 2 Apr 14

bbb1969 says...

pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
[quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box. bbb1969
  • Score: 1

12:33pm Wed 2 Apr 14

bbb1969 says...

pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
[quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box. bbb1969
  • Score: 3

12:59pm Wed 2 Apr 14

wiseman of hove says...

bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
[quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season. wiseman of hove
  • Score: 1

1:56pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
[quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 4

2:42pm Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
I bet bobby has not completed two seasons on the pitch playing since he left us, he has not been the same player since he left, was a great player for us but my opinion not for us, he should not be in our plans for next season!!
[quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]I bet bobby has not completed two seasons on the pitch playing since he left us, he has not been the same player since he left, was a great player for us but my opinion not for us, he should not be in our plans for next season!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 5

2:48pm Wed 2 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself.
As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price.
I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself. As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price. I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

3:10pm Wed 2 Apr 14

tug509 says...

Chuffed for you David ,great strike ,i hope this can is BIG ! :0)
Chuffed for you David ,great strike ,i hope this can is BIG ! :0) tug509
  • Score: 4

3:13pm Wed 2 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

JeffLomer wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
I bet bobby has not completed two seasons on the pitch playing since he left us, he has not been the same player since he left, was a great player for us but my opinion not for us, he should not be in our plans for next season!!
there have been 22 matches where Bobby didn't even make the bench this season.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]I bet bobby has not completed two seasons on the pitch playing since he left us, he has not been the same player since he left, was a great player for us but my opinion not for us, he should not be in our plans for next season!![/p][/quote]there have been 22 matches where Bobby didn't even make the bench this season. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

3:34pm Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself.
As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price.
I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble.
Good shout Vegas, Do you think Leo has been as effective this season as he was when he joined in january last season, i take your point someone in premier might take a punt with him, but not sure we would get 5 million for him, my opinion the way we set up to play this season has left him isolated up front on his own and he looks fed up knocking the ball on to no body, teams no how we are going to play so they stick two defenders on him then he either gets frustrated or spends half the game on the floor trying to win the ball, if people think Leo is worth 5 million whats INGS VOKES AND MCORMACK WORTH ALL GOT TWENTY PLUS GOALS!!!!
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself. As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price. I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble.[/p][/quote]Good shout Vegas, Do you think Leo has been as effective this season as he was when he joined in january last season, i take your point someone in premier might take a punt with him, but not sure we would get 5 million for him, my opinion the way we set up to play this season has left him isolated up front on his own and he looks fed up knocking the ball on to no body, teams no how we are going to play so they stick two defenders on him then he either gets frustrated or spends half the game on the floor trying to win the ball, if people think Leo is worth 5 million whats INGS VOKES AND MCORMACK WORTH ALL GOT TWENTY PLUS GOALS!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: -1

3:57pm Wed 2 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself.
As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price.
I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble.
Good shout Vegas, Do you think Leo has been as effective this season as he was when he joined in january last season, i take your point someone in premier might take a punt with him, but not sure we would get 5 million for him, my opinion the way we set up to play this season has left him isolated up front on his own and he looks fed up knocking the ball on to no body, teams no how we are going to play so they stick two defenders on him then he either gets frustrated or spends half the game on the floor trying to win the ball, if people think Leo is worth 5 million whats INGS VOKES AND MCORMACK WORTH ALL GOT TWENTY PLUS GOALS!!!!
Jeff I think that Ulloa is expected to play the solo role up front, it is his job to hold the ball up whilst help gets forward, when we lost Crofts we lost the player most likely to get forward. I am of the opinion, based on my limited viewing of matches so take it for what it's worth, that we have lacked those to get up to Ulloa, Lingard would appear to be helping out in that respect and I think CMS could do the same.
If you recall, at the time of signing Ulloa we were desperate to find a target man, a player that could hold the ball up in the solo role, Ulloa is that player but, IMHO, injuries have robbed us of those that should have benefitted from him doing his job.
Come next season we will have Crofts back, we will also have Stephens, CMS and Hoskins and Orlandi, we may or may not have Buckley but we will have March, Ulloa will deliver more with the right support, and come the middle of the season, that support might be what attracts a big offer for Ulloa, if the goals come from him or from others when his play creates the openings.

I take your point on the price I suggested, five million, but I used that price based on what I think his value is to us rather than what others might think he is worth to them. Ings, Vokes and McCormack, are they better than Ulloa, or are they getting better help, the sort of help that Ulloa has not had, next season might answer that one.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself. As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price. I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble.[/p][/quote]Good shout Vegas, Do you think Leo has been as effective this season as he was when he joined in january last season, i take your point someone in premier might take a punt with him, but not sure we would get 5 million for him, my opinion the way we set up to play this season has left him isolated up front on his own and he looks fed up knocking the ball on to no body, teams no how we are going to play so they stick two defenders on him then he either gets frustrated or spends half the game on the floor trying to win the ball, if people think Leo is worth 5 million whats INGS VOKES AND MCORMACK WORTH ALL GOT TWENTY PLUS GOALS!!!![/p][/quote]Jeff I think that Ulloa is expected to play the solo role up front, it is his job to hold the ball up whilst help gets forward, when we lost Crofts we lost the player most likely to get forward. I am of the opinion, based on my limited viewing of matches so take it for what it's worth, that we have lacked those to get up to Ulloa, Lingard would appear to be helping out in that respect and I think CMS could do the same. If you recall, at the time of signing Ulloa we were desperate to find a target man, a player that could hold the ball up in the solo role, Ulloa is that player but, IMHO, injuries have robbed us of those that should have benefitted from him doing his job. Come next season we will have Crofts back, we will also have Stephens, CMS and Hoskins and Orlandi, we may or may not have Buckley but we will have March, Ulloa will deliver more with the right support, and come the middle of the season, that support might be what attracts a big offer for Ulloa, if the goals come from him or from others when his play creates the openings. I take your point on the price I suggested, five million, but I used that price based on what I think his value is to us rather than what others might think he is worth to them. Ings, Vokes and McCormack, are they better than Ulloa, or are they getting better help, the sort of help that Ulloa has not had, next season might answer that one. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 2

4:23pm Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself.
As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price.
I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble.
Good shout Vegas, Do you think Leo has been as effective this season as he was when he joined in january last season, i take your point someone in premier might take a punt with him, but not sure we would get 5 million for him, my opinion the way we set up to play this season has left him isolated up front on his own and he looks fed up knocking the ball on to no body, teams no how we are going to play so they stick two defenders on him then he either gets frustrated or spends half the game on the floor trying to win the ball, if people think Leo is worth 5 million whats INGS VOKES AND MCORMACK WORTH ALL GOT TWENTY PLUS GOALS!!!!
Jeff I think that Ulloa is expected to play the solo role up front, it is his job to hold the ball up whilst help gets forward, when we lost Crofts we lost the player most likely to get forward. I am of the opinion, based on my limited viewing of matches so take it for what it's worth, that we have lacked those to get up to Ulloa, Lingard would appear to be helping out in that respect and I think CMS could do the same.
If you recall, at the time of signing Ulloa we were desperate to find a target man, a player that could hold the ball up in the solo role, Ulloa is that player but, IMHO, injuries have robbed us of those that should have benefitted from him doing his job.
Come next season we will have Crofts back, we will also have Stephens, CMS and Hoskins and Orlandi, we may or may not have Buckley but we will have March, Ulloa will deliver more with the right support, and come the middle of the season, that support might be what attracts a big offer for Ulloa, if the goals come from him or from others when his play creates the openings.

I take your point on the price I suggested, five million, but I used that price based on what I think his value is to us rather than what others might think he is worth to them. Ings, Vokes and McCormack, are they better than Ulloa, or are they getting better help, the sort of help that Ulloa has not had, next season might answer that one.
I get your point about the service he has not received this season, with Buckley out injured again i would off liked to see March on one wing and Kaz on the other, i went last night to the game what a difference when Stephens and March came on, both should start more in my opinion, Jesse not scoring but provided two assists, ill take that in any game, i can see cms making the bench on saturday, thanx for your reply vegas !!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]The question has to be asked whether or not Ulloa has shown enough to make him a target of a prem club next year, the answer might be yes from one of the teams that gets promoted, I am not sure that the same answer would come from an established prem club, he might need a good first half of next season to really prove himself. As we all know proven strikers cost big money, and strikers that can score in the prem, or are thought to be good enough to, always command a premium price. Brighton would demand a very big price for Ulloa, very big by our standards, and for that reason they would have too be convinced that he will deliver. When you look at how the Zaha deal and the fact that United are now reported to be looking to cut their losses on him, it might be wise to hold back on paying our price. I would guess that the promoted clubs, and existing middle and lower order prem clubs, would be the only potential buyers, and with a price tag north of five million, he might be a gamble.[/p][/quote]Good shout Vegas, Do you think Leo has been as effective this season as he was when he joined in january last season, i take your point someone in premier might take a punt with him, but not sure we would get 5 million for him, my opinion the way we set up to play this season has left him isolated up front on his own and he looks fed up knocking the ball on to no body, teams no how we are going to play so they stick two defenders on him then he either gets frustrated or spends half the game on the floor trying to win the ball, if people think Leo is worth 5 million whats INGS VOKES AND MCORMACK WORTH ALL GOT TWENTY PLUS GOALS!!!![/p][/quote]Jeff I think that Ulloa is expected to play the solo role up front, it is his job to hold the ball up whilst help gets forward, when we lost Crofts we lost the player most likely to get forward. I am of the opinion, based on my limited viewing of matches so take it for what it's worth, that we have lacked those to get up to Ulloa, Lingard would appear to be helping out in that respect and I think CMS could do the same. If you recall, at the time of signing Ulloa we were desperate to find a target man, a player that could hold the ball up in the solo role, Ulloa is that player but, IMHO, injuries have robbed us of those that should have benefitted from him doing his job. Come next season we will have Crofts back, we will also have Stephens, CMS and Hoskins and Orlandi, we may or may not have Buckley but we will have March, Ulloa will deliver more with the right support, and come the middle of the season, that support might be what attracts a big offer for Ulloa, if the goals come from him or from others when his play creates the openings. I take your point on the price I suggested, five million, but I used that price based on what I think his value is to us rather than what others might think he is worth to them. Ings, Vokes and McCormack, are they better than Ulloa, or are they getting better help, the sort of help that Ulloa has not had, next season might answer that one.[/p][/quote]I get your point about the service he has not received this season, with Buckley out injured again i would off liked to see March on one wing and Kaz on the other, i went last night to the game what a difference when Stephens and March came on, both should start more in my opinion, Jesse not scoring but provided two assists, ill take that in any game, i can see cms making the bench on saturday, thanx for your reply vegas !!!!!!!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 2

4:33pm Wed 2 Apr 14

The Bosch says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way. The Bosch
  • Score: -6

4:52pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

The Bosch wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.
Yeah, it will be a struggle to stay in the Premier League next season if we get promoted but if Palace can do it...
[quote][p][bold]The Bosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.[/p][/quote]Yeah, it will be a struggle to stay in the Premier League next season if we get promoted but if Palace can do it... Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 5

4:57pm Wed 2 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

The Bosch wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.
Bosch, 'big fight to stay up next season,' based on what?
Please do tell,

Which players are on the let go list?
Which players are on the retain list?
Which players will be offered a new deal?
Which players will accept a new deal?
Which players will not accept a new deal?
Which new players will be bring in?

Your statement, 'big fight to stay up next season,' requires you to know the answers to the above questions, and in truth, you know no more than anyone else knows.
[quote][p][bold]The Bosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.[/p][/quote]Bosch, 'big fight to stay up next season,' based on what? Please do tell, Which players are on the let go list? Which players are on the retain list? Which players will be offered a new deal? Which players will accept a new deal? Which players will not accept a new deal? Which new players will be bring in? Your statement, 'big fight to stay up next season,' requires you to know the answers to the above questions, and in truth, you know no more than anyone else knows. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 4

6:24pm Wed 2 Apr 14

OldGull says...

JeffLomer wrote:
OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!!
well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek.
I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at.

Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time?
It was a substitution I predicted.
I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on.
UTA
Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!!
I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better.
The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack.
I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays
with just 1 holding player.
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek. I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at. Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time? It was a substitution I predicted. I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on. UTA[/p][/quote]Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!![/p][/quote]I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better. The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack. I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays with just 1 holding player. OldGull
  • Score: 4

6:39pm Wed 2 Apr 14

dave from bexill says...

OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!!
well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek.
I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at.

Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time?
It was a substitution I predicted.
I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on.
UTA
Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!!
I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better.
The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack.
I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays
with just 1 holding player.
I agree Old Gull. JFC is only nineteen and still developing. He has obvious talent and Oscar seems to recognise this. Young players always hit troughs, it's part of the learning process. It's now up to the Head Coach and his staff to ensure that the player realises and reaches his potential over the next couple of years.
[quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek. I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at. Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time? It was a substitution I predicted. I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on. UTA[/p][/quote]Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!![/p][/quote]I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better. The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack. I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays with just 1 holding player.[/p][/quote]I agree Old Gull. JFC is only nineteen and still developing. He has obvious talent and Oscar seems to recognise this. Young players always hit troughs, it's part of the learning process. It's now up to the Head Coach and his staff to ensure that the player realises and reaches his potential over the next couple of years. dave from bexill
  • Score: 5

7:19pm Wed 2 Apr 14

tug509 says...

The Bosch wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.
Bosch ,planely you cant see Buckley is happy at Brighton ,in fact he`s lathing his time here . In auger for us to reach the Prem ,oscar will have to drill the lads ,and not screw about ,assembling a good team is like piecing a jigsaw together ............BOSH !
[quote][p][bold]The Bosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.[/p][/quote]Bosch ,planely you cant see Buckley is happy at Brighton ,in fact he`s lathing his time here . In auger for us to reach the Prem ,oscar will have to drill the lads ,and not screw about ,assembling a good team is like piecing a jigsaw together ............BOSH ! tug509
  • Score: 2

7:45pm Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

dave from bexill wrote:
OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!!
well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek.
I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at.

Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time?
It was a substitution I predicted.
I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on.
UTA
Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!!
I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better.
The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack.
I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays
with just 1 holding player.
I agree Old Gull. JFC is only nineteen and still developing. He has obvious talent and Oscar seems to recognise this. Young players always hit troughs, it's part of the learning process. It's now up to the Head Coach and his staff to ensure that the player realises and reaches his potential over the next couple of years.
Not saying I don't rate make I just think he goes missing in a few games, like you both say only young so will get better with right coaching!!
[quote][p][bold]dave from bexill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek. I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at. Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time? It was a substitution I predicted. I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on. UTA[/p][/quote]Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!![/p][/quote]I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better. The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack. I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays with just 1 holding player.[/p][/quote]I agree Old Gull. JFC is only nineteen and still developing. He has obvious talent and Oscar seems to recognise this. Young players always hit troughs, it's part of the learning process. It's now up to the Head Coach and his staff to ensure that the player realises and reaches his potential over the next couple of years.[/p][/quote]Not saying I don't rate make I just think he goes missing in a few games, like you both say only young so will get better with right coaching!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 1

7:45pm Wed 2 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

dave from bexill wrote:
OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
OldGull wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!!
well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek.
I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at.

Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time?
It was a substitution I predicted.
I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on.
UTA
Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!!
I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better.
The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack.
I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays
with just 1 holding player.
I agree Old Gull. JFC is only nineteen and still developing. He has obvious talent and Oscar seems to recognise this. Young players always hit troughs, it's part of the learning process. It's now up to the Head Coach and his staff to ensure that the player realises and reaches his potential over the next couple of years.
Not saying I don't rate make I just think he goes missing in a few games, like you both say only young so will get better with right coaching!!
[quote][p][bold]dave from bexill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OldGull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: i went to the game and thought it was a good solid performance from the lads nice to see other players coming up with the goals last night instead off Leo, disappointed with two off there goals, def a pen by Greer all over Rhodes like a rash, i would off taken a point away at Blackburn so delighted we got the equalising goal from Stephens which was well deserved in my opinion, we move on to Barnsley with more confidence!!!! well done to fans who went to the game we did them proud!!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]well done for supporting the lads up north during midweek. I watched a stream, it looked an entertaining game to be at. Ince looked poor 1st half, was he injured or was it a tactical sub at half time? It was a substitution I predicted. I thought stephens gave us a better balance in midfield, and March was excellent when he came on. UTA[/p][/quote]Hi oldgull, I think it was as a precaution he got a knock, ince is young we can not afford to burn him out, i agree Stephens gives us something different in midfield, jury still out for me on foster caskey, we deserved at least a point from the game there was more belief in the players last night, maybe they prefer playing away from home without the pressure and expectancy of some fans at home games, Solly should start more games in my opinion i would love to see JESSE, LEO, MARCH, LUA LUA , RODRIGUEZ, all start against Barnsley they would frighten any team, get at them from first whistle then you could take lua lua off because we off torn them apart by then, onwards and upwards to Barnsley!!!![/p][/quote]I actually quite like JFC, he is only 19 and will get better. The trouble is he is playing in a team with both Andres & Ince which makes him the sole link between defensive midfield and attack. I believe we would get more from him when Stephens or Crofts plays with just 1 holding player.[/p][/quote]I agree Old Gull. JFC is only nineteen and still developing. He has obvious talent and Oscar seems to recognise this. Young players always hit troughs, it's part of the learning process. It's now up to the Head Coach and his staff to ensure that the player realises and reaches his potential over the next couple of years.[/p][/quote]Not saying I don't rate make I just think he goes missing in a few games, like you both say only young so will get better with right coaching!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 1

8:26pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

tug509 wrote:
The Bosch wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
wiseman of hove wrote:
bbb1969 wrote:
pablobrowno wrote:
Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer.

If he can stay injury free then what a signing!
Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men.
Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.
Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement.
I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.
He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.
Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.
Bosch ,planely you cant see Buckley is happy at Brighton ,in fact he`s lathing his time here . In auger for us to reach the Prem ,oscar will have to drill the lads ,and not screw about ,assembling a good team is like piecing a jigsaw together ............BOSH !
In fact he has already come out and said he's happy here.
http://www.theargus.
co.uk/sport/11092887
.Buckley_never_thoug
ht_of_forcing_his_wa
y_out_of_Albion/
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Bosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbb1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Is being reported this morning that Bobby Z is a prime transfer target for us in the summer. Will join in a free transfer. If he can stay injury free then what a signing![/p][/quote]Too much like Ulloa; lacks the pace but is strong. Ideal back up for Ulloa withe the speedier players running off the target men. Would rather get someone with an all round game and poacher type striker who simply operates in the box.[/p][/quote]Its not beyond the realms of impossibility that he is not back up to Ulloa, but a replacement. I simply proffer that suggestion because I'm not entirely convinced that Ulloa is happy, and might well move at the end of the season.[/p][/quote]He's never looked happy, but then I wouldn't if I got the battering he often receives.[/p][/quote]Just like Buckley he wanted the move to Palace in Jan but the club blocked it.Will be off in the summer along with TK & Solly maybe.Big fight to stay up next season on the way.[/p][/quote]Bosch ,planely you cant see Buckley is happy at Brighton ,in fact he`s lathing his time here . In auger for us to reach the Prem ,oscar will have to drill the lads ,and not screw about ,assembling a good team is like piecing a jigsaw together ............BOSH ![/p][/quote]In fact he has already come out and said he's happy here. http://www.theargus. co.uk/sport/11092887 .Buckley_never_thoug ht_of_forcing_his_wa y_out_of_Albion/ Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree