Matt Upson has put Albion’s ball-players on red alert for their trip to Barnsley.
The Seagulls centre-back expects their hosts to be fired up for today Championship tussle in their quest for survival.
And that means the visitors will come under pressure as soon they get on the ball.
Upson, who played in the 2-1 defeat at Oakwell little more than a year ago, said: “It will be tough. They won’t want us to play.
“If we get the ball in midfield they will want to trample all over us and try and nip that in the bud early.
“We’re going to have to be very careful.
“I don’t know what condition the pitch is in.
“Last year it wasn’t possible to pass the ball, it was very bobbly and difficult.
“We will have to make some good choices when we have the ball.
“They will be looking to capitalise on us and trying to steal the ball in our half.”
Reds boss Danny Wilson has made destructive central midfielder Stephen Dawson his skipper.
Wilson said: “You cant go out and play tippy-tappy football all day long.”
- It's Albion v Albion as Hyypia's men face tricky cup trip
- Baldock fancies another promotion push as he signs four-year Albion deal
- Signings bonanza - Hyypia hails quality squad as Baldock makes it ELEVEN
- Albion clinch Baldock deal
- Video - How Albion beat Swindon (including that Ince rocket)