Sussex will be without star bowler Chris Jordan as they bid to get their County Championship campaign off to a flying start tomorrow.
England have asked for Jordan to be rested for the clash with Middlesex at Hove after he returned from playing in the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh on Tuesday.
Jordan also toured Australia and the West Indies during the winter but Sussex hope he will be made available for their second match against Warwickshire at Edgbaston.
Jordan’s absence means all-rounder Steffan Piolet is likely to make his Championship debut for Sussex although left-arm seamer Lewis Hatchett is another option.
- Hyypia hints at more transfer activity for Albion
- Albion loan out young striker again
- Albion boss says tackle on LuaLua could have been a leg-breaker
- Hyypia has nice problem after Albion's transfer flurry
- Albion whizz-kid reveals Gerrard's role in his move