Albion have handed Solly March his third Championship start.
And Craig Mackail-Smith is on the bench.
March comes into the side at Barnsley today as one of three changes.
Oscar Garcia as expected brings in Inigo Calderon for suspended right-back Bruno and starts with Dale Stephens rather than Rohan Ince in midfield.
The introduction of March for Jake Forster-Caskey is arguably more of a surprise – but reward for the young winger’s bright performance off the bench at Blackburn on Tuesday.
March’s selection will go down well with fans asking for a more attacking approach from their side.
Ince suffered a dead leg at Ewood Park and is not in the 18 but striker Mackail-Smith is among the subs after proving his fitness with 90 minutes for the development squad on Monday.
Albion: Kuszczak; Calderon, Greer, Upson, Ward; Andrews, Stephens, March; Rodriguez, Lingard, Ulloa. Subs: Brezovan, Chicksen, Dunk, David Lopez, Forster-Caskey, LuaLua, Mackail-Smith.
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Wiggins honoured to defend Tour of Britain title
- Gregory promises loan signings for Crawley
- Transfer deadline day liveblog