Albion rivals target free run to the title

Nigel Pearson is hoping for a party performance from promoted Leicester

Nigel Pearson is hoping for a party performance from promoted Leicester

First published in Sport
Last updated
by , Chief sports reporter

Albion could face a Leicester side tonight playing with freedom now they have been relieved of the pressure of gaining promotion.

That is the hope of manager Nigel Pearson as the runaway leaders try to avenge their 3-1 defeat at the Amex in December and take a step closer to the title.

Pearson said: "Hopefully there will be a freedom in the knowledge that we have achieved the target we set ourselves, promotion. Of course we want to go that one step further now. It is important to enjoy it but we have to get our minds back on the job.

"I think every team we will come up against has something to achieve in the season. We owe it to ourselves and every other team to make sure our performances are right.

"They were well worth their win when we played them at their place before Christmas. We know it will be a tough game. I think it is important we celebrate the occasion but we want to get the performance right and win."

Comments (36)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:14pm Tue 8 Apr 14

B-hove says...

I wonder if new of OG's dissatisfaction is well founded? Perhaps silence isn't always a sign of tacit acceptance
http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/sport/footbal
l/article-2599640/Sw
ansea-Norwich-alert-
Garcia-set-quit-Brig
hton-end-season.html
I wonder if new of OG's dissatisfaction is well founded? Perhaps silence isn't always a sign of tacit acceptance http://www.dailymail .co.uk/sport/footbal l/article-2599640/Sw ansea-Norwich-alert- Garcia-set-quit-Brig hton-end-season.html B-hove
  • Score: 0

12:21pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

B-hove wrote:
I wonder if new of OG's dissatisfaction is well founded? Perhaps silence isn't always a sign of tacit acceptance
http://www.dailymail

.co.uk/sport/footbal

l/article-2599640/Sw

ansea-Norwich-alert-

Garcia-set-quit-Brig

hton-end-season.html
That's in the Daily Mail though. If they had a story claiming today was Tuesday I'd check it with other sources.
[quote][p][bold]B-hove[/bold] wrote: I wonder if new of OG's dissatisfaction is well founded? Perhaps silence isn't always a sign of tacit acceptance http://www.dailymail .co.uk/sport/footbal l/article-2599640/Sw ansea-Norwich-alert- Garcia-set-quit-Brig hton-end-season.html[/p][/quote]That's in the Daily Mail though. If they had a story claiming today was Tuesday I'd check it with other sources. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 7

12:47pm Tue 8 Apr 14

the taffster says...

I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz the taffster
  • Score: -13

12:52pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Albion In Staffs says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
B-hove wrote:
I wonder if new of OG's dissatisfaction is well founded? Perhaps silence isn't always a sign of tacit acceptance
http://www.dailymail


.co.uk/sport/footbal


l/article-2599640/Sw


ansea-Norwich-alert-


Garcia-set-quit-Brig


hton-end-season.html
That's in the Daily Mail though. If they had a story claiming today was Tuesday I'd check it with other sources.
no comments included, so OG can say he knows nothing about it, but it will have come from somewhere and perhaps someone is touting him? Also, (a random thought this one) but perhaps that's why Gregory has spouted off about Monakana? He's heard the jungle drums and fancies an upgrade?
Heaven forbid.....
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]B-hove[/bold] wrote: I wonder if new of OG's dissatisfaction is well founded? Perhaps silence isn't always a sign of tacit acceptance http://www.dailymail .co.uk/sport/footbal l/article-2599640/Sw ansea-Norwich-alert- Garcia-set-quit-Brig hton-end-season.html[/p][/quote]That's in the Daily Mail though. If they had a story claiming today was Tuesday I'd check it with other sources.[/p][/quote]no comments included, so OG can say he knows nothing about it, but it will have come from somewhere and perhaps someone is touting him? Also, (a random thought this one) but perhaps that's why Gregory has spouted off about Monakana? He's heard the jungle drums and fancies an upgrade? Heaven forbid..... Albion In Staffs
  • Score: -5

12:54pm Tue 8 Apr 14

BobbyLaverick says...

No manager (or head coach), will ever say anything but "It will be a tough match", no matter who they are playing.
The interest in this fixture is the fact that Albion are still in with a chance of the play-offs, amazingly. Leicester will be aware of this, as well as the defeat at the Amex. Despite their supposed relaxed state after gaining promotion, there is the added pressure of crossing the line as champions, and that is not something automatically assured just yet.
Albion will be the more relaxed tonight, I am pretty certain of that, and they might just sneak it by the odd goal. Here's hoping!
No manager (or head coach), will ever say anything but "It will be a tough match", no matter who they are playing. The interest in this fixture is the fact that Albion are still in with a chance of the play-offs, amazingly. Leicester will be aware of this, as well as the defeat at the Amex. Despite their supposed relaxed state after gaining promotion, there is the added pressure of crossing the line as champions, and that is not something automatically assured just yet. Albion will be the more relaxed tonight, I am pretty certain of that, and they might just sneak it by the odd goal. Here's hoping! BobbyLaverick
  • Score: 5

12:57pm Tue 8 Apr 14

rolivan says...

the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
So you either have a very poor memory or you have only just started watching games this season and are not satisfied.It will be interesting to see what comes of Leicesters FFP losses along with a few others.I imagine there could be a few Law Suits being issued.
[quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]So you either have a very poor memory or you have only just started watching games this season and are not satisfied.It will be interesting to see what comes of Leicesters FFP losses along with a few others.I imagine there could be a few Law Suits being issued. rolivan
  • Score: 6

1:15pm Tue 8 Apr 14

9 of us says...

Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it!
We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will
Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it! We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will 9 of us
  • Score: 5

1:44pm Tue 8 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Prem clubs wanting Oscar, now why would that be? Do ya think that maybe his style of play suits the prem level and our squad is just not good enough to impliment it? So quick to blame the manager when very often it's the players that should be looked at.
[quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Prem clubs wanting Oscar, now why would that be? Do ya think that maybe his style of play suits the prem level and our squad is just not good enough to impliment it? So quick to blame the manager when very often it's the players that should be looked at. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 9

1:54pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Baldseagull says...

the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Never came to Withdean during Mickey Adams' second coming then?
If us having one up front were indefensible, surely we would have scored more goals?

I hope this is just a load of hot air, and I hope Oscar gets the opportunity to offload one or two players not up for it and bring in a few who are for next season.
Feeling pretty fed up with Kemy Agustien being paid and seemingly not giving his best. Fed up with recurring injuries to Orlandi and Buckley too, and I would have thought Spanish Dave might have had a run of good form at some point in the season.
[quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Never came to Withdean during Mickey Adams' second coming then? If us having one up front were indefensible, surely we would have scored more goals? I hope this is just a load of hot air, and I hope Oscar gets the opportunity to offload one or two players not up for it and bring in a few who are for next season. Feeling pretty fed up with Kemy Agustien being paid and seemingly not giving his best. Fed up with recurring injuries to Orlandi and Buckley too, and I would have thought Spanish Dave might have had a run of good form at some point in the season. Baldseagull
  • Score: 8

1:56pm Tue 8 Apr 14

the taffster says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Prem clubs wanting Oscar, now why would that be? Do ya think that maybe his style of play suits the prem level and our squad is just not good enough to impliment it? So quick to blame the manager when very often it's the players that should be looked at.
don't play a style of football the players aren't capable of playing then......Oscar has no plan b...its too predictable and hell to watch. 2 upfront tonight leading the line....watch the difference? he wont do it though....
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Prem clubs wanting Oscar, now why would that be? Do ya think that maybe his style of play suits the prem level and our squad is just not good enough to impliment it? So quick to blame the manager when very often it's the players that should be looked at.[/p][/quote]don't play a style of football the players aren't capable of playing then......Oscar has no plan b...its too predictable and hell to watch. 2 upfront tonight leading the line....watch the difference? he wont do it though.... the taffster
  • Score: -6

2:02pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Towner83 says...

Oscar, please don't leave! Don't listen to the doubters, the majority of fans think your doing a great job in tough circumstances. Be strong and take complete control of the club, get your own no.2 and players. If bloom won't trust you with it then by all means leave and you can with your head held high but don't quit early. In oscar I trust!

UTA
Oscar, please don't leave! Don't listen to the doubters, the majority of fans think your doing a great job in tough circumstances. Be strong and take complete control of the club, get your own no.2 and players. If bloom won't trust you with it then by all means leave and you can with your head held high but don't quit early. In oscar I trust! UTA Towner83
  • Score: 10

2:05pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Steveg1958 says...

I hope its true and TB gets rid of that Burk Burke too ! Directors of football rarely work, and clearly something is wrong with our scouting and recruitment policy, I'm all for balancing the books, but to get a decent manager in as OG probably is and not give him the say so on who comes in to play for him is just plain stupid. none of us actually know if that is the case but its looking very much like it is from the outside, obviously that's why OG was called head coach, clearly Mr Barber didn't want a "Manager" who might actually manage the football side of the club, (much like events at Spurs when he was CEO there too). Perhaps if OG had been a bit more outspoken then we would either have changed the player recruitment staff or he would have ben suspended too ! sound familiar. !!!
I hope its true and TB gets rid of that Burk Burke too ! Directors of football rarely work, and clearly something is wrong with our scouting and recruitment policy, I'm all for balancing the books, but to get a decent manager in as OG probably is and not give him the say so on who comes in to play for him is just plain stupid. none of us actually know if that is the case but its looking very much like it is from the outside, obviously that's why OG was called head coach, clearly Mr Barber didn't want a "Manager" who might actually manage the football side of the club, (much like events at Spurs when he was CEO there too). Perhaps if OG had been a bit more outspoken then we would either have changed the player recruitment staff or he would have ben suspended too ! sound familiar. !!! Steveg1958
  • Score: -1

2:09pm Tue 8 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

the taffster wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Prem clubs wanting Oscar, now why would that be? Do ya think that maybe his style of play suits the prem level and our squad is just not good enough to impliment it? So quick to blame the manager when very often it's the players that should be looked at.
don't play a style of football the players aren't capable of playing then......Oscar has no plan b...its too predictable and hell to watch. 2 upfront tonight leading the line....watch the difference? he wont do it though....
My point is, yesterday, on this forum, we saw a whole bunch of negative comments about how Oscar should go because his style of play is crap and boring, he doesn't know what he is doing was the general theme.
If these comments were justified, if the guy is not good enough to manage a cham div club, then why would a prem club want him?
Of course the article might be wrong, maybe none of the prem clubs want him, but it only takes one and if one does come in to sign him up, then all the comments decrying his ability as a manager will look rather foolish.

Move to plan 'B,' by that I guess you mean, two strikers, long balls up and over the midfield and hope we get on the end of one. Well it is only now that we have two real strikers available for selection, CMS. As for playing more route one soccer, we have moved on from those days, as all good teams have, Stoke have worked that one out.

We could play both Solly and Kaz tonight, add in CMS and Ulloa as strikers and of course, Lingard attacking from midfield along with Stephens and Ince, but if we do, I think Leicester will hammer us because that would mean we play three at the back.
[quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Prem clubs wanting Oscar, now why would that be? Do ya think that maybe his style of play suits the prem level and our squad is just not good enough to impliment it? So quick to blame the manager when very often it's the players that should be looked at.[/p][/quote]don't play a style of football the players aren't capable of playing then......Oscar has no plan b...its too predictable and hell to watch. 2 upfront tonight leading the line....watch the difference? he wont do it though....[/p][/quote]My point is, yesterday, on this forum, we saw a whole bunch of negative comments about how Oscar should go because his style of play is crap and boring, he doesn't know what he is doing was the general theme. If these comments were justified, if the guy is not good enough to manage a cham div club, then why would a prem club want him? Of course the article might be wrong, maybe none of the prem clubs want him, but it only takes one and if one does come in to sign him up, then all the comments decrying his ability as a manager will look rather foolish. Move to plan 'B,' by that I guess you mean, two strikers, long balls up and over the midfield and hope we get on the end of one. Well it is only now that we have two real strikers available for selection, CMS. As for playing more route one soccer, we have moved on from those days, as all good teams have, Stoke have worked that one out. We could play both Solly and Kaz tonight, add in CMS and Ulloa as strikers and of course, Lingard attacking from midfield along with Stephens and Ince, but if we do, I think Leicester will hammer us because that would mean we play three at the back. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 5

3:25pm Tue 8 Apr 14

East of CrawleyDown says...

Hmmmm this Oscar rumour strikes me as a little odd, he's had a bit of an indifferent season. What concerns me more is I've heard rumours of Billy Davies as a possible new face for Albion, I don't think he would endear himself to the Albion faithful. If a managerial change is coming up, please let's not get some narrow minded duffer on board, we need a positive upbeat character who favours positive football. It could be that Oscar is that character given time. It's a strange old time.
Hmmmm this Oscar rumour strikes me as a little odd, he's had a bit of an indifferent season. What concerns me more is I've heard rumours of Billy Davies as a possible new face for Albion, I don't think he would endear himself to the Albion faithful. If a managerial change is coming up, please let's not get some narrow minded duffer on board, we need a positive upbeat character who favours positive football. It could be that Oscar is that character given time. It's a strange old time. East of CrawleyDown
  • Score: 2

3:30pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Joel'sGrandad says...

9 of us wrote:
Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it!
We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will
My thoughts exactly. We'll win tonight. UTA
[quote][p][bold]9 of us[/bold] wrote: Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it! We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will[/p][/quote]My thoughts exactly. We'll win tonight. UTA Joel'sGrandad
  • Score: 3

3:33pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

East of CrawleyDown wrote:
Hmmmm this Oscar rumour strikes me as a little odd, he's had a bit of an indifferent season. What concerns me more is I've heard rumours of Billy Davies as a possible new face for Albion, I don't think he would endear himself to the Albion faithful. If a managerial change is coming up, please let's not get some narrow minded duffer on board, we need a positive upbeat character who favours positive football. It could be that Oscar is that character given time. It's a strange old time.
I can't see Bloom going for a manager who is regularly sacked. But this is all paper talk, and generally confined to the one paper whose entire business model is based on making stuff up. Nothing to see here, I'm sure.
[quote][p][bold]East of CrawleyDown[/bold] wrote: Hmmmm this Oscar rumour strikes me as a little odd, he's had a bit of an indifferent season. What concerns me more is I've heard rumours of Billy Davies as a possible new face for Albion, I don't think he would endear himself to the Albion faithful. If a managerial change is coming up, please let's not get some narrow minded duffer on board, we need a positive upbeat character who favours positive football. It could be that Oscar is that character given time. It's a strange old time.[/p][/quote]I can't see Bloom going for a manager who is regularly sacked. But this is all paper talk, and generally confined to the one paper whose entire business model is based on making stuff up. Nothing to see here, I'm sure. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

3:34pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

The MK Ultra wrote:
the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.
Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion?

#lol
[quote][p][bold]The MK Ultra[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.[/p][/quote]Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion? #lol Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

3:40pm Tue 8 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
The MK Ultra wrote:
the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.
Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion?

#lol
well the Mail put the story out there today, and as we have a match later there will be a chance to put the question directly to Oscar, if he speaks rather than Jones.
If Oscar speaks tonight, and if the question is asked, Oscar will either flatly deny that he wants out, or will side step the question, and that side step might tell more than he thinks.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The MK Ultra[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.[/p][/quote]Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion? #lol[/p][/quote]well the Mail put the story out there today, and as we have a match later there will be a chance to put the question directly to Oscar, if he speaks rather than Jones. If Oscar speaks tonight, and if the question is asked, Oscar will either flatly deny that he wants out, or will side step the question, and that side step might tell more than he thinks. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 1

4:21pm Tue 8 Apr 14

wiseman of hove says...

I think the Daily mail articles confirms what many posters on here have long felt. Behind the scenes all is not well, and I think it has been like that a long time. Vegas may well be right that Oscar's style of play may suit the Premiership. But Norwich or Swansea ? Henry Winter in the Telegraph this morning stated that Norwich fans had grown tired of Hughton's caution and the mood was becoming increasingly negative. Where have I heard that word "caution" before! I think more likely both these teams will be monitoring the Sherwood situation very closely. Further, I would be surprised if his name was not in our Chairman's thoughts if Oscar feels his hands are tied here and has not been given sufficient support to implement his plans - and decides enough is enough.
I think the Daily mail articles confirms what many posters on here have long felt. Behind the scenes all is not well, and I think it has been like that a long time. Vegas may well be right that Oscar's style of play may suit the Premiership. But Norwich or Swansea ? Henry Winter in the Telegraph this morning stated that Norwich fans had grown tired of Hughton's caution and the mood was becoming increasingly negative. Where have I heard that word "caution" before! I think more likely both these teams will be monitoring the Sherwood situation very closely. Further, I would be surprised if his name was not in our Chairman's thoughts if Oscar feels his hands are tied here and has not been given sufficient support to implement his plans - and decides enough is enough. wiseman of hove
  • Score: 2

4:22pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Knights Temple wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
The MK Ultra wrote:
the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.
Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion?

#lol
What and this is all 5 of you the same people every single day??? There are thousands of Albion fans on facebook not just you and Vegas.
Banned AGAIN? Are you aiming for some kind of record?

There are far more Albion fans who are not on Facebook, by the way. Are all the FB Albion fans like you?
[quote][p][bold]Knights Temple[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The MK Ultra[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.[/p][/quote]Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion? #lol[/p][/quote]What and this is all 5 of you the same people every single day??? There are thousands of Albion fans on facebook not just you and Vegas.[/p][/quote]Banned AGAIN? Are you aiming for some kind of record? There are far more Albion fans who are not on Facebook, by the way. Are all the FB Albion fans like you? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 2

4:26pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Jonathan Mouette says...

Well the rumour is not going away, no-one is denying it and the reasons are blatantly obvious simply because they are the same as last year. The manager (head coach) has no control over the transfer policy. Happily he has a certain control over selection which allows him to voice his opinion by leaving the likes of Lita and Obika out in the cold. His obligation to start Lingard - who the hell negotiated that little deal - is probably icing on the cake. If anyone from Leicester wants to injure the arrogant little nerd (though nothing serious, I'm really not that sad nor vindictive) then at least OG will be able to select who he wants and not who Moyles insists upon. However I'm afraid things have already gone too far and by the end of May OG will be planning his pre-season tour with a premier league outfit. Oh well, fingers crossed we can still scrape it... Forever the optimist, in spite of everything. UTA.
Well the rumour is not going away, no-one is denying it and the reasons are blatantly obvious simply because they are the same as last year. The manager (head coach) has no control over the transfer policy. Happily he has a certain control over selection which allows him to voice his opinion by leaving the likes of Lita and Obika out in the cold. His obligation to start Lingard - who the hell negotiated that little deal - is probably icing on the cake. If anyone from Leicester wants to injure the arrogant little nerd (though nothing serious, I'm really not that sad nor vindictive) then at least OG will be able to select who he wants and not who Moyles insists upon. However I'm afraid things have already gone too far and by the end of May OG will be planning his pre-season tour with a premier league outfit. Oh well, fingers crossed we can still scrape it... Forever the optimist, in spite of everything. UTA. Jonathan Mouette
  • Score: -1

4:29pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Jonathan Mouette wrote:
Well the rumour is not going away, no-one is denying it and the reasons are blatantly obvious simply because they are the same as last year. The manager (head coach) has no control over the transfer policy. Happily he has a certain control over selection which allows him to voice his opinion by leaving the likes of Lita and Obika out in the cold. His obligation to start Lingard - who the hell negotiated that little deal - is probably icing on the cake. If anyone from Leicester wants to injure the arrogant little nerd (though nothing serious, I'm really not that sad nor vindictive) then at least OG will be able to select who he wants and not who Moyles insists upon. However I'm afraid things have already gone too far and by the end of May OG will be planning his pre-season tour with a premier league outfit. Oh well, fingers crossed we can still scrape it... Forever the optimist, in spite of everything. UTA.
Should the club deny every rumour that appears in a single low-rent rag?
[quote][p][bold]Jonathan Mouette[/bold] wrote: Well the rumour is not going away, no-one is denying it and the reasons are blatantly obvious simply because they are the same as last year. The manager (head coach) has no control over the transfer policy. Happily he has a certain control over selection which allows him to voice his opinion by leaving the likes of Lita and Obika out in the cold. His obligation to start Lingard - who the hell negotiated that little deal - is probably icing on the cake. If anyone from Leicester wants to injure the arrogant little nerd (though nothing serious, I'm really not that sad nor vindictive) then at least OG will be able to select who he wants and not who Moyles insists upon. However I'm afraid things have already gone too far and by the end of May OG will be planning his pre-season tour with a premier league outfit. Oh well, fingers crossed we can still scrape it... Forever the optimist, in spite of everything. UTA.[/p][/quote]Should the club deny every rumour that appears in a single low-rent rag? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 2

4:33pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Jonathan Mouette says...

PS : I forgot to conclude with my final thoughts that the responsibility for any likelihood of OG leaving rest fairly and squarely on the shoulders of Burke... and he should have gone months ago. The failure to see that and act upon it is the fault of Barber and he should pick uo his P45 on the way out.

I know there is a business element to all this and I shall be very grateful to TB for all he has tried to do with the club - but, when all is said and done, it is a club and the reason to breathe for thousands of the club's supporters who, Mr Barber, do not like being referred to as customers.

Stop taking the stock exchange view of every move you make and get the heart and soul back into the club - and start by giving OGH a new contract with freedom to do what he wants, unsheckled by smirking and smug grey suits. ANd yes, UTA.
PS : I forgot to conclude with my final thoughts that the responsibility for any likelihood of OG leaving rest fairly and squarely on the shoulders of Burke... and he should have gone months ago. The failure to see that and act upon it is the fault of Barber and he should pick uo his P45 on the way out. I know there is a business element to all this and I shall be very grateful to TB for all he has tried to do with the club - but, when all is said and done, it is a club and the reason to breathe for thousands of the club's supporters who, Mr Barber, do not like being referred to as customers. Stop taking the stock exchange view of every move you make and get the heart and soul back into the club - and start by giving OGH a new contract with freedom to do what he wants, unsheckled by smirking and smug grey suits. ANd yes, UTA. Jonathan Mouette
  • Score: -1

4:40pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
The MK Ultra wrote:
the taffster wrote:
I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz
Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.
Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion?

#lol
well the Mail put the story out there today, and as we have a match later there will be a chance to put the question directly to Oscar, if he speaks rather than Jones.
If Oscar speaks tonight, and if the question is asked, Oscar will either flatly deny that he wants out, or will side step the question, and that side step might tell more than he thinks.
If I was him I'd side-step it even if it was (as is likely) complete botox. Even denying it lends it a credence it probably doesn't deserve.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The MK Ultra[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the taffster[/bold] wrote: I hope its true that hes leaving at the season......im sorry but I cant remember a more lack lustre,turgid season than this one.....he should have gone 6 games ago....laudrup in, and we would have made the play offs......starting wtih one upfront is indefensible at home.......zzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Thats because you really go and watch the club like the thousands on facebook.[/p][/quote]Facebook? That hotbed of serious discussion? #lol[/p][/quote]well the Mail put the story out there today, and as we have a match later there will be a chance to put the question directly to Oscar, if he speaks rather than Jones. If Oscar speaks tonight, and if the question is asked, Oscar will either flatly deny that he wants out, or will side step the question, and that side step might tell more than he thinks.[/p][/quote]If I was him I'd side-step it even if it was (as is likely) complete botox. Even denying it lends it a credence it probably doesn't deserve. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

4:48pm Tue 8 Apr 14

wiseman of hove says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Jonathan Mouette wrote:
Well the rumour is not going away, no-one is denying it and the reasons are blatantly obvious simply because they are the same as last year. The manager (head coach) has no control over the transfer policy. Happily he has a certain control over selection which allows him to voice his opinion by leaving the likes of Lita and Obika out in the cold. His obligation to start Lingard - who the hell negotiated that little deal - is probably icing on the cake. If anyone from Leicester wants to injure the arrogant little nerd (though nothing serious, I'm really not that sad nor vindictive) then at least OG will be able to select who he wants and not who Moyles insists upon. However I'm afraid things have already gone too far and by the end of May OG will be planning his pre-season tour with a premier league outfit. Oh well, fingers crossed we can still scrape it... Forever the optimist, in spite of everything. UTA.
Should the club deny every rumour that appears in a single low-rent rag?
I share your disdain for his newspaper Arnie and agree it is certainly not incumbent on the club to discuss or deny the rumour/story. However, my own antenna has been telling me for a while that all is not well and along comes this "news''
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonathan Mouette[/bold] wrote: Well the rumour is not going away, no-one is denying it and the reasons are blatantly obvious simply because they are the same as last year. The manager (head coach) has no control over the transfer policy. Happily he has a certain control over selection which allows him to voice his opinion by leaving the likes of Lita and Obika out in the cold. His obligation to start Lingard - who the hell negotiated that little deal - is probably icing on the cake. If anyone from Leicester wants to injure the arrogant little nerd (though nothing serious, I'm really not that sad nor vindictive) then at least OG will be able to select who he wants and not who Moyles insists upon. However I'm afraid things have already gone too far and by the end of May OG will be planning his pre-season tour with a premier league outfit. Oh well, fingers crossed we can still scrape it... Forever the optimist, in spite of everything. UTA.[/p][/quote]Should the club deny every rumour that appears in a single low-rent rag?[/p][/quote]I share your disdain for his newspaper Arnie and agree it is certainly not incumbent on the club to discuss or deny the rumour/story. However, my own antenna has been telling me for a while that all is not well and along comes this "news'' wiseman of hove
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Tue 8 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

Knights Templar, there are currently 28 comments on this thread, I think 4 are mine, how is that half of all comments?
Knights Templar, there are currently 28 comments on this thread, I think 4 are mine, how is that half of all comments? VegasSeagull
  • Score: 3

5:53pm Tue 8 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

The TRUE Brighton fans are right behind you Oscar and the boys who been through thick and thin with our great club,
I for one are behind you that's why I'm in Leicester giving you and the boys my backing tonight, win lose or draw I'm not bothered Brighton is my club for life, I def won't be on here slagging you or the lads off if we lose tonight, like most on here will, in Oscar we believe in to take our club forward,up the Albion!!!!
The TRUE Brighton fans are right behind you Oscar and the boys who been through thick and thin with our great club, I for one are behind you that's why I'm in Leicester giving you and the boys my backing tonight, win lose or draw I'm not bothered Brighton is my club for life, I def won't be on here slagging you or the lads off if we lose tonight, like most on here will, in Oscar we believe in to take our club forward,up the Albion!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 4

5:58pm Tue 8 Apr 14

East of CrawleyDown says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
East of CrawleyDown wrote:
Hmmmm this Oscar rumour strikes me as a little odd, he's had a bit of an indifferent season. What concerns me more is I've heard rumours of Billy Davies as a possible new face for Albion, I don't think he would endear himself to the Albion faithful. If a managerial change is coming up, please let's not get some narrow minded duffer on board, we need a positive upbeat character who favours positive football. It could be that Oscar is that character given time. It's a strange old time.
I can't see Bloom going for a manager who is regularly sacked. But this is all paper talk, and generally confined to the one paper whose entire business model is based on making stuff up. Nothing to see here, I'm sure.
Let's hope not, would be nice to know what's going on one way or the other though, club statement time?
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]East of CrawleyDown[/bold] wrote: Hmmmm this Oscar rumour strikes me as a little odd, he's had a bit of an indifferent season. What concerns me more is I've heard rumours of Billy Davies as a possible new face for Albion, I don't think he would endear himself to the Albion faithful. If a managerial change is coming up, please let's not get some narrow minded duffer on board, we need a positive upbeat character who favours positive football. It could be that Oscar is that character given time. It's a strange old time.[/p][/quote]I can't see Bloom going for a manager who is regularly sacked. But this is all paper talk, and generally confined to the one paper whose entire business model is based on making stuff up. Nothing to see here, I'm sure.[/p][/quote]Let's hope not, would be nice to know what's going on one way or the other though, club statement time? East of CrawleyDown
  • Score: 0

6:02pm Tue 8 Apr 14

East of CrawleyDown says...

See there's more trolls appearing spouting drivel and reappearing under different names. Why do they think anyone is interested?
See there's more trolls appearing spouting drivel and reappearing under different names. Why do they think anyone is interested? East of CrawleyDown
  • Score: 3

6:18pm Tue 8 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

It would appear that if you post a comment, and or reply to one, that might mean that you have 5 or 6 in total, if that happens you will be subject to ridicule from one particualr corner of this forum, unless you are negative toward Oscar, Jones, some of the players, the board or all of them, I find that quite sad.

How can one be a fan of the club but at the same time attack, attack in such a personal manner, players and management. If there is something that people are not happy about get it said, but could we not refrain from being so vindictive toward the persons.

To my way of thinking there are a couple of reasons why Oscar needs to stay with Brighton at least for a further 7 or 8 months, the most glaring of which is that he is unproven in the transfer market. It might be that others have taken decisions out of his hands, his input might have been very restricted but fact is, we don't know how well he will do when forming his own squad.
The second reason that I would offer is that he has done well with Brighton, it may not be as well as some would want but, given the circumstances could he have done any better.

If Oscar does go to a prem club next season, and given his lack of personal trading in the market, if he gets it wrong at that prem club he won't last five minutes, and where would that leave him. I guess if D.O.F exists at the prem club that employes him his hands will be partialy tied yet again as to who comes in and who doesn't. Right now I think there are managers looking for work that would be less of a gamble for Swansea and Norwich, ones that are not failures and have experience at that level, Sherwood being the most obvious.
For me Oscar is still on a learning curve and needs ot prove himself in the market this summer, but the club has to back him to give him a chance of doing so.
It would appear that if you post a comment, and or reply to one, that might mean that you have 5 or 6 in total, if that happens you will be subject to ridicule from one particualr corner of this forum, unless you are negative toward Oscar, Jones, some of the players, the board or all of them, I find that quite sad. How can one be a fan of the club but at the same time attack, attack in such a personal manner, players and management. If there is something that people are not happy about get it said, but could we not refrain from being so vindictive toward the persons. To my way of thinking there are a couple of reasons why Oscar needs to stay with Brighton at least for a further 7 or 8 months, the most glaring of which is that he is unproven in the transfer market. It might be that others have taken decisions out of his hands, his input might have been very restricted but fact is, we don't know how well he will do when forming his own squad. The second reason that I would offer is that he has done well with Brighton, it may not be as well as some would want but, given the circumstances could he have done any better. If Oscar does go to a prem club next season, and given his lack of personal trading in the market, if he gets it wrong at that prem club he won't last five minutes, and where would that leave him. I guess if D.O.F exists at the prem club that employes him his hands will be partialy tied yet again as to who comes in and who doesn't. Right now I think there are managers looking for work that would be less of a gamble for Swansea and Norwich, ones that are not failures and have experience at that level, Sherwood being the most obvious. For me Oscar is still on a learning curve and needs ot prove himself in the market this summer, but the club has to back him to give him a chance of doing so. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 4

6:23pm Tue 8 Apr 14

saraman says...

Joel'sGrandad wrote:
9 of us wrote:
Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it!
We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will
My thoughts exactly. We'll win tonight. UTA
You can be in my dream, if I can be in yours.
[quote][p][bold]Joel'sGrandad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]9 of us[/bold] wrote: Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it! We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will[/p][/quote]My thoughts exactly. We'll win tonight. UTA[/p][/quote]You can be in my dream, if I can be in yours. saraman
  • Score: 0

6:28pm Tue 8 Apr 14

golddene says...

Joel'sGrandad wrote:
9 of us wrote:
Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it!
We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will
My thoughts exactly. We'll win tonight. UTA
I really hope you are both correct but cast your minds back to then and remember we didn't take our foot off the gas until the championship had been safely tucked into our back pockets, we beat Dagenham on the Tuesday and wrapped the title up on the following Saturday at Walsall. Still hope you are right though as its beginning to look now or not this year.SEAGULLS.
[quote][p][bold]Joel'sGrandad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]9 of us[/bold] wrote: Remember our 'free run' against Huddrs, Saints and Colchester? Good wasn't it! We will win tonight. My Albion history says we will[/p][/quote]My thoughts exactly. We'll win tonight. UTA[/p][/quote]I really hope you are both correct but cast your minds back to then and remember we didn't take our foot off the gas until the championship had been safely tucked into our back pockets, we beat Dagenham on the Tuesday and wrapped the title up on the following Saturday at Walsall. Still hope you are right though as its beginning to look now or not this year.SEAGULLS. golddene
  • Score: 1

7:04pm Tue 8 Apr 14

impose our game gull says...

I see Oscar is off again:

http://www.clubcall.
com/swansea-city/swa
ns-linked-with-garci
a-1720804.html?

Sloppy reporting presumably (as they seem to get mixed up with "Oscar Garcia" that left Swansea a few months back). Based on recent forum scoring of posts on this site Oscar is overall very well liked by BHA fans - though so often short- termists may make some think and feel otherwise!!

Not too much to lose tonight regarding expectations so the players should be able to play with style and freedom

UTA!!
I see Oscar is off again: http://www.clubcall. com/swansea-city/swa ns-linked-with-garci a-1720804.html? Sloppy reporting presumably (as they seem to get mixed up with "Oscar Garcia" that left Swansea a few months back). Based on recent forum scoring of posts on this site Oscar is overall very well liked by BHA fans - though so often short- termists may make some think and feel otherwise!! Not too much to lose tonight regarding expectations so the players should be able to play with style and freedom UTA!! impose our game gull
  • Score: 1

7:10pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Mystertoo says...

Back to the article!! Leicester will be looking to put on a show tonight for the home fans, after winning promotion away from home, and they still have the title to mathematically secure. Tonight will not be easy, and I suspect a defensive approach.
Back to the article!! Leicester will be looking to put on a show tonight for the home fans, after winning promotion away from home, and they still have the title to mathematically secure. Tonight will not be easy, and I suspect a defensive approach. Mystertoo
  • Score: 0

7:18pm Tue 8 Apr 14

VegasSeagull says...

Mystertoo wrote:
Back to the article!! Leicester will be looking to put on a show tonight for the home fans, after winning promotion away from home, and they still have the title to mathematically secure. Tonight will not be easy, and I suspect a defensive approach.
Oddly enough, and having seen the team sheet, I think we are looking to go for it
[quote][p][bold]Mystertoo[/bold] wrote: Back to the article!! Leicester will be looking to put on a show tonight for the home fans, after winning promotion away from home, and they still have the title to mathematically secure. Tonight will not be easy, and I suspect a defensive approach.[/p][/quote]Oddly enough, and having seen the team sheet, I think we are looking to go for it VegasSeagull
  • Score: 2

11:02pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Mystertoo says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Mystertoo wrote:
Back to the article!! Leicester will be looking to put on a show tonight for the home fans, after winning promotion away from home, and they still have the title to mathematically secure. Tonight will not be easy, and I suspect a defensive approach.
Oddly enough, and having seen the team sheet, I think we are looking to go for it
Well I am peckish anyway which is just as well as I tuck into a large chunk of humble pie. Didn't see that coming. Mmmm this pie is nice, please sir can I have some more....UTA
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mystertoo[/bold] wrote: Back to the article!! Leicester will be looking to put on a show tonight for the home fans, after winning promotion away from home, and they still have the title to mathematically secure. Tonight will not be easy, and I suspect a defensive approach.[/p][/quote]Oddly enough, and having seen the team sheet, I think we are looking to go for it[/p][/quote]Well I am peckish anyway which is just as well as I tuck into a large chunk of humble pie. Didn't see that coming. Mmmm this pie is nice, please sir can I have some more....UTA Mystertoo
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree