Dale Stephens wants to complete an unusual double today – and help Albion avenge a defeat he helped inflict.
The in-form midfielder lines up against his former club Charlton admitting the Seagulls “owe them one” in the quest for a play-off spot.
Stephens helped Charlton beat Albion 3-2 at the Valley on Boxing Day about five weeks before his move to the Amex.
He said: “I know I was in the Charlton team at the time but Brighton owe them one from the result earlier in the season. There is definitely that to play for.
“I think they might come here to soak up pressure and hit us on the counter attack. But they could surprise us and come out all guns blazing.”
Stephens, who played 90 times for Charlton, believes the midweek win at Leicester should ensure there is a buzz about the Amex today.
He added: “Everyone is upbeat. It was a great victory which has definitely boosted morale among the players.”
Our video shows how Stephens kept out a goalbound Liam Bridcutt shot in the second half as the Seagulls tried to get back into the game.
But he was arguably fortunate not to concede a penalty for his challenge on Stephen Ward in the build-up to Albion's second goal very late on.
- Stats don't lie - but Colunga expects to improve on his showing at Swindon
- Inside track - Give Baldock support and he'll get you goals
- It's Albion v Albion as Hyypia's men face tricky cup trip
- Baldock fancies another promotion push as he signs four-year Albion deal
- Signings bonanza - Hyypia hails quality squad as Baldock makes it ELEVEN