Players and supporters today paid silent tribute to the 96 fans who died at Hillsborough.
Matches across the country, including Albion’s 3-0 win over Charlton, kicked off at 3.07pm to mark the 25th anniversary of the tragedy.
Liverpool’s anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone played out around the Amex just before the teams came out and was applauded at the end by many fans.
Teams and supporters stood at 3.06pm – the time the tragic FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest was cut short in 1989 – for a minute’s silence.
Apart from a small group who seemed to take a few seconds to realise what was happening, the silence was impeccably observed by a crowd of almost 29,000.
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Wiggins honoured to defend Tour of Britain title
- Gregory promises loan signings for Crawley
- Transfer deadline day liveblog