The ArgusEubank Junior says he won't let anyone take his middleweight dream away (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Eubank Junior says he won't let anyone take his middleweight dream away

The Argus: Chris Eubank Jr in action on Saturday night. Chris Eubank Jr in action on Saturday night.

Chris Eubank Junior has warned no one will prevent him becoming a middleweight champion.

The Brighton fighter knocked out former Hungarian champion Sandor Micsko early in the second round at the Copper Box on Saturday night. The punch drew a gasp of admiration from the crowd after they watched it again on the big screens.

It took Eubank Junior’s record to 14 straight wins.

The son of former world middle and super-middle champion Chris Eubank said: “These performances are getting bigger and better.

“I am improving as I go. I am in the gym every day, train harder than anyone I have ever met and I am on the roads every day. “Nobody is going to take this middleweight championship dream away from me.”

It was another short-notice change of opponent for Eubank Jr, who had been scheduled to fight former European champion Kerry Hope.

Eubank Jr said: “He had second thoughts about fighting me – and so he should.

“This guy (Micsko) had 22 wins, five losses and 16 knockouts and he was a seasoned fighter. But I am a level above these guys. I have been trained in an old school manner and these new school guys they are not going to be able to hold their own with me.”

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree