Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bruno strike sends Seagulls back into play-off places
Bruno struck late to nudge Albion back into the top six today.
But their return to a play-off position did not quite come in the desired style.
The Seagulls had to settle for a 1-1 draw at struggling Huddersfield in a feisty tussle.
Huddersfield went ahead in only the sixth minute when Oliver Norwood blasted a home a free-kick.
That rewarded a very bright start by the hosts as they chased a first win in ten games.
But Albion gradually regained their composure and thought they had levelled when Leo Ulloa bulleted home a header from a corner, only for Lewis Dunk to be penalised for a shove off the ball on Anthony Gerrard.
Albion dominated in terms of possession and territory in the second half.
But they lacked a cutting edge and needed Tomasz Kuszczak to produce a super save from another Norwood free-kick to keep them in the game.
Then Bruno popped up beyond the far post and hooked a shot just inside the far post for the 83rd-minute point-saver.
- Stockdale targets quick return to top flight with Albion
- New keeper Stockdale could not resist Albion's top-flight set-up
- New Albion No. 1 thought he had blown his chance
- Albion striker O'Grady glad to be fit and firing after injury
- Hyypia's fellow Finn plays part in Stockdale capture
Comments are closed on this article.