Albion old boy Stephen Dobbie denied his old club two precious points at the Amex today.
The Scot curled a superb equaliser to give his Blackpool side a 1-1 draw with their play-off chasing hosts.
Dobbie’s 50th-minute cracker was a perfect riposte to an equally good finish from Dale Stephens just four minutes earlier.
The point was enough to keep Albion in sixth place pending Reading’s game at home to Middlesbrough tomorrow.
But it was not an impressive performance by the Seagulls.
Stephens curled a superb shot from the edge of the box into Matt Gilks’ top corner in the first minute of the second half.
He side-stepped a defender to finish in style after Leo Ulloa had chested down Stephen Ward’s deep cross.
But Dobbie played a one-two with Andy Keogh before curling his shot across Tomasz Kuszczak and inside the far post.
Half-time sub Will Buckley had the best chance to win it for the Seagulls but shot tamely over the bar after being set up by Ulloa.
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home