Albion are still in the top six tonight – with Reading and Nottingham Forest leading the chase.
The Seagulls clung on to their play-off berth with a 1-1 draw at home to Blackpool while rivals Ipswich and Bournemouth were also having to settle for a point apiece.
Ipswich were twice pegged back by Bournemouth at Portman Road as they shared a 2-2 draw.
Matt Ritchie got the second leveller on 80 minutes to keep Albion above the dotted line for now.
Reading will overhaul Osar Garcia’s men if they beat Middlesbrough at the Madejski tomorrow.
And Forest, who host the Seagulls on the final day of the season, are right back in the hunt after two wins over Easter.
They followed Saturday’s home success over Birmingham by winning 2-0 at Leeds today.
Matt Derbyshire scored twice in the first 16 minutes at Elland Road to send Forest seventh, a point behind Albion.
Forest go to Bournemouth on Saturday with Ipswich visiting Burnley, whose promotion was confirmed today.
Blackburn and Reading visit two teams just above the bottom three, Charlton and Doncaster respectively.
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Ashdown and Rose handed Crawley debuts
- Wiggins honoured to defend Tour of Britain title
- Gregory promises loan signings for Crawley