Albion made a "calculated choice" not to include Rohan Ince in the squad for Monday's 1-1 draw against Blackpool.
The young midfielder missed out on a place on the bench as he gets back up to speed.
Ince has not played since suffering a dead leg in the first half of the 3-3 draw at Blackburn at the beginning of the month.
Assistant head coach Nathan Jones said: "We made a calculated choice and he's coming back. He's not at full pelt yet but this week he is sort of getting back to where he was.
"At times when people miss out it's unfortunate, not anything to do with how they play, because some people are training well and are in decent form.
"Sometimes they miss out because you need a goalkeeper, we have a certain amount of defensive players on the bench, so it was just a calculated decision really."
- Baldock fancies another promotion push as he signs four-year Albion deal
- Signings bonanza - Hyypia hails quality squad as Baldock makes it ELEVEN
- Albion clinch Baldock deal
- Video - How Albion beat Swindon (including that Ince rocket)
- Who was Albion's man of the match at Swindon?