Albion are back in the top six – after surviving a nervous night at the Amex, The Seagulls confirmed Yeovil’s relegation by beating them 2-0 with goals from Kazenga LuaLua and Jesse Lingard.
But the Glovers made them work for the coveted points.
LuaLua made the breakthrough with a touch of fortune on 78 minutes.
The substitute cut in from the left wing and crossed looking for Leo Ulloa’s run.
But the ball beat everyone and bounced inside the far post to ease the mounting tension among most of a crowd of 26,901.
Lingard swept home the second deep in added time from a low cut-back by Solly March.
Andrea Orlandi, making a surprise return to the starting line-up, played some good stuff but also missed the Seagulls’ two best chances of the first half.
Marek Stech pushed a close-range header from Ulloa over in the second.
But Albion also had scares, notably in the first half.
Ruben Palazuelos fired a drive on to the bar and Lewis Dunk had to cover near his own goal-line when Jamie McAllister’s free-kick into the box eluded everyone, notably outcoming goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak.
- Oscar meets his new colleagues after clinching Watford job
- Loan move will help Maksimenko's career on quiet day for Albion on deadline day
- Ashdown and Rose handed Crawley debuts
- Wiggins honoured to defend Tour of Britain title
- Gregory promises loan signings for Crawley