The ArgusLuaLua: We had to win (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

LuaLua: We had to win

The Argus: Jesse Lingard and Kazenga LuaLua celebrate the second goal last night. Picture by Simon Dack Jesse Lingard and Kazenga LuaLua celebrate the second goal last night. Picture by Simon Dack

Kazenga LuaLua was turning somersaults last night – after sending Albion soaring back into the top six.

The winger came off the bench and scored the 78th-minute opener as his side beat Yeovil 2-0 on a tense night at the Amex.

Any remaining nerves were finally killed off when Jesse Lingard netted deep into added time.

The pressure is now heaped on Albion’s rivals today in the quest for the top six.

LuaLua, who celebrated his strike in trademark style, said: “It’s my first goal of the season and it has been a long time. I’m very happy.

“It’s not just about the goal, it’s about the team performance.

“We dominated the game from the start and were unlucky not to score in the first half.

“We had to win this game if we want to finish in the play-offs. The minutes were going past but at least we scored.

“This was about winning and putting pressure on other teams. We did that.”

LuaLua added: “We have keep going and hopefully it happens. Who knows? Only God knows.”

Meanwhile, Albion’s senior and development squads will be in Spain, near La Manga, from July 9 to 18 for a pre-season training camp and up to five unconfirmed matches.

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:05am Sat 26 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!! Up the Albion!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 9

7:32am Sat 26 Apr 14

mark by the sea says...

JeffLomer wrote:
Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest,
I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair,
I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend?
I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes,
" upson to play on in pain'
And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season!
If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench?
[quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest, I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair, I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend? I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes, " upson to play on in pain' And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season! If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench? mark by the sea
  • Score: 1

7:34am Sat 26 Apr 14

Aldrington Halt says...

Great Kaz, well deserved ending to an uncomfortable match! More goals please!! UTA
Great Kaz, well deserved ending to an uncomfortable match! More goals please!! UTA Aldrington Halt
  • Score: 10

8:39am Sat 26 Apr 14

elljam says...

Personally I thought it was the most entertaining match I've seen at the Amex this season., probably aided by the fact we HAD to get 3 points or that was it.
Yeovil definitely played their part, helped by the fact they were already down so had nothing to lose & it was good to see a side prepared to come here & go blow to blow with us rather than just defend in numbers. For about 10 minutes in the first half we couldn't get out of our half & it's a shame they've been relegated because Gary Johnson has worked miracles with the budget he's got & you don't hear him whinging too much (take note Oscar).
If only more games had been like this over the season regardless of results, I think more people would be going away from the Amex feeling they were getting value for money. There was definitely more urgency to our game & it was good to see us getting bodies forward even at the risk of leaving ourselves open on a few occasions. We created many good chances by playing this way so I hope it is the way forward.
It was a pleasant surprise to see Orlandi back & I thought he looked class regardless of the two misses. It seems he can receive the ball in any situation & manage to retain it plus deliver some delightful passes & crosses.
As for Lewis Dunk, If this guy isn't a regular starter next season then surely he will look elsewhere because every time he comes in he has an outstanding game & there must be clubs looking at him. I personally think he's good enough to play at a higher level.

Let's hope results go our way this weekend.
Personally I thought it was the most entertaining match I've seen at the Amex this season., probably aided by the fact we HAD to get 3 points or that was it. Yeovil definitely played their part, helped by the fact they were already down so had nothing to lose & it was good to see a side prepared to come here & go blow to blow with us rather than just defend in numbers. For about 10 minutes in the first half we couldn't get out of our half & it's a shame they've been relegated because Gary Johnson has worked miracles with the budget he's got & you don't hear him whinging too much (take note Oscar). If only more games had been like this over the season regardless of results, I think more people would be going away from the Amex feeling they were getting value for money. There was definitely more urgency to our game & it was good to see us getting bodies forward even at the risk of leaving ourselves open on a few occasions. We created many good chances by playing this way so I hope it is the way forward. It was a pleasant surprise to see Orlandi back & I thought he looked class regardless of the two misses. It seems he can receive the ball in any situation & manage to retain it plus deliver some delightful passes & crosses. As for Lewis Dunk, If this guy isn't a regular starter next season then surely he will look elsewhere because every time he comes in he has an outstanding game & there must be clubs looking at him. I personally think he's good enough to play at a higher level. Let's hope results go our way this weekend. elljam
  • Score: 12

8:40am Sat 26 Apr 14

russellsnr2 says...

Was getting a little worried with 20 to go but we did it.
Funny thing is when Oscar was asked if he would be looking for today's results he replied "Saturday was a day off to spend with his family" don't get me wrong everyone deserves that quality time but thought it was the wrong thing to say at the time!.
And can you spot the deliberate mistake from SKY headline report on the game 'Yeovil's relegation sealed with draw at Brighton'!!!!!
Was getting a little worried with 20 to go but we did it. Funny thing is when Oscar was asked if he would be looking for today's results he replied "Saturday was a day off to spend with his family" don't get me wrong everyone deserves that quality time but thought it was the wrong thing to say at the time!. And can you spot the deliberate mistake from SKY headline report on the game 'Yeovil's relegation sealed with draw at Brighton'!!!!! russellsnr2
  • Score: 2

8:43am Sat 26 Apr 14

Albion In Staffs says...

At this stage, results supersede performance. I don't believe now is the time to dissect things and re-invent the wheel (even on here) so my only comment is good win lads, here's to next week. Whatever will be, will be. We can take stock after Forest.
At this stage, results supersede performance. I don't believe now is the time to dissect things and re-invent the wheel (even on here) so my only comment is good win lads, here's to next week. Whatever will be, will be. We can take stock after Forest. Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 7

8:45am Sat 26 Apr 14

elljam says...

mark by the sea wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest,
I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair,
I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend?
I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes,
" upson to play on in pain'
And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season!
If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench?
Agree Orlandi brings extra quality to the team but I feel your remarks about Dunk are way off the mark
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest, I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair, I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend? I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes, " upson to play on in pain' And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season! If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench?[/p][/quote]Agree Orlandi brings extra quality to the team but I feel your remarks about Dunk are way off the mark elljam
  • Score: 5

9:02am Sat 26 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

mark by the sea wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest,
I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair,
I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend?
I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes,
" upson to play on in pain'
And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season!
If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench?
Mark totally agree with your post I asked the question about Hoskins on a previous thread is he ready to come back to play apart in remainder off games, not sure why CMS does not get on the pitch at Amex he has in away games I've been to, ince I for one thought he was starting from the headlines earlier in the day, not to make the bench wae a mystery to all fans, Lewis dunk I think lacks confidence not playing week in week out, great clearence off the line not sure what Thomas was thinking, we needed a win and we got it so were hanging on in there, I enjoy your posts not saying I agree all time but you talk sense
Up the Albion!!!!
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest, I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair, I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend? I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes, " upson to play on in pain' And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season! If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench?[/p][/quote]Mark totally agree with your post I asked the question about Hoskins on a previous thread is he ready to come back to play apart in remainder off games, not sure why CMS does not get on the pitch at Amex he has in away games I've been to, ince I for one thought he was starting from the headlines earlier in the day, not to make the bench wae a mystery to all fans, Lewis dunk I think lacks confidence not playing week in week out, great clearence off the line not sure what Thomas was thinking, we needed a win and we got it so were hanging on in there, I enjoy your posts not saying I agree all time but you talk sense Up the Albion!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 1

10:30am Sat 26 Apr 14

AburridoEnTrabajo says...

Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit.
Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit. AburridoEnTrabajo
  • Score: 2

10:30am Sat 26 Apr 14

JCORP1955 says...

On the note from Jeff
Re your point about CMS not getting on last night -I'm not sure if you were there but to be fair to Oscar he appeared to be about to bring CMS on when Stephens was injrured forcing him to use JFC as hs 3rd sub
On the note from Jeff Re your point about CMS not getting on last night -I'm not sure if you were there but to be fair to Oscar he appeared to be about to bring CMS on when Stephens was injrured forcing him to use JFC as hs 3rd sub JCORP1955
  • Score: 4

10:33am Sat 26 Apr 14

Max Ripple says...

So, so pleased for Kaz. I think he's had a very good albeit mixed up season. Starting some games, off the bench for others, left out for others - he's not been able to settle into a role. People go on about him hitting the deck too easily but that usually happens when a defender can't cope with him and gets physical, or he is surrounded by three of them. He is a heavily marked man. Glad he got his goal - even if it was a cross!
Thought Dunky did well tonight. He's looking stronger and is delivering some really great long diagonal balls. Ok, the occasional flutter when put under pressure but he usually deals with it. I'm glad he's back in the fold.
On a tactical note I'm a great fan of low hard crosses into the box rather than looping high ones which everyone can see coming. We had lots of them but nobody managed to get even a toe onto the end of one which is unusual. Jessie's goal was a model of calm finishing. He relished it. UTA
So, so pleased for Kaz. I think he's had a very good albeit mixed up season. Starting some games, off the bench for others, left out for others - he's not been able to settle into a role. People go on about him hitting the deck too easily but that usually happens when a defender can't cope with him and gets physical, or he is surrounded by three of them. He is a heavily marked man. Glad he got his goal - even if it was a cross! Thought Dunky did well tonight. He's looking stronger and is delivering some really great long diagonal balls. Ok, the occasional flutter when put under pressure but he usually deals with it. I'm glad he's back in the fold. On a tactical note I'm a great fan of low hard crosses into the box rather than looping high ones which everyone can see coming. We had lots of them but nobody managed to get even a toe onto the end of one which is unusual. Jessie's goal was a model of calm finishing. He relished it. UTA Max Ripple
  • Score: 6

10:42am Sat 26 Apr 14

Claude Back says...

mark by the sea wrote:
JeffLomer wrote:
Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!!
Up the Albion!!!!
Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest,
I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair,
I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend?
I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes,
" upson to play on in pain'
And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season!
If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench?
Agree.
I think Ince's 'dead' leg must have been buried by now in a private undertaking.
[quote][p][bold]mark by the sea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JeffLomer[/bold] wrote: Good win last night boys how tense was that to watch, we've done what we had to do now we've have put the pressure right back on our rivals!!!! Up the Albion!!!![/p][/quote]Result was excellent, performance not great if I am honest, I don't understand how we struggle for a tempo to our game, I thought Orlandi provided some decent moments, but in all a stuttering tense affair, I have to mention Dunk , he had two sublime passes and a goal clearing moment, but the guy is Russian roulette , two three times when not under pressure he passes without looking or passes and puts another player in the Sh-t . Please can we have upson fit for next weekend? I have to laugh looking back at some of the headlines last week and jonesy quotes, " upson to play on in pain' And jones saying Cms and Hoskins will play a part in the final part of season! If ince was fit again ? Why can't he even make the bench?[/p][/quote]Agree. I think Ince's 'dead' leg must have been buried by now in a private undertaking. Claude Back
  • Score: 2

10:59am Sat 26 Apr 14

JeffLomer says...

JCORP1955 wrote:
On the note from Jeff
Re your point about CMS not getting on last night -I'm not sure if you were there but to be fair to Oscar he appeared to be about to bring CMS on when Stephens was injrured forcing him to use JFC as hs 3rd sub
Fair comment you make about Stephens injury, just hope he is fit for forest game, especially with the uncertainty about ince way the Argus was going on I thought he wad at least on the bench,
Up the Albion!!!!
[quote][p][bold]JCORP1955[/bold] wrote: On the note from Jeff Re your point about CMS not getting on last night -I'm not sure if you were there but to be fair to Oscar he appeared to be about to bring CMS on when Stephens was injrured forcing him to use JFC as hs 3rd sub[/p][/quote]Fair comment you make about Stephens injury, just hope he is fit for forest game, especially with the uncertainty about ince way the Argus was going on I thought he wad at least on the bench, Up the Albion!!!! JeffLomer
  • Score: 2

11:06am Sat 26 Apr 14

Claude Back says...

elljam wrote:
Personally I thought it was the most entertaining match I've seen at the Amex this season., probably aided by the fact we HAD to get 3 points or that was it.
Yeovil definitely played their part, helped by the fact they were already down so had nothing to lose & it was good to see a side prepared to come here & go blow to blow with us rather than just defend in numbers. For about 10 minutes in the first half we couldn't get out of our half & it's a shame they've been relegated because Gary Johnson has worked miracles with the budget he's got & you don't hear him whinging too much (take note Oscar).
If only more games had been like this over the season regardless of results, I think more people would be going away from the Amex feeling they were getting value for money. There was definitely more urgency to our game & it was good to see us getting bodies forward even at the risk of leaving ourselves open on a few occasions. We created many good chances by playing this way so I hope it is the way forward.
It was a pleasant surprise to see Orlandi back & I thought he looked class regardless of the two misses. It seems he can receive the ball in any situation & manage to retain it plus deliver some delightful passes & crosses.
As for Lewis Dunk, If this guy isn't a regular starter next season then surely he will look elsewhere because every time he comes in he has an outstanding game & there must be clubs looking at him. I personally think he's good enough to play at a higher level.

Let's hope results go our way this weekend.
Most entertaining match this season?
The first half was grimmer than an Eastenders' Omnibus.
It was so boring and pedestrian even the seagulls flew off to poo on newly washed cars for excitement.
Picked up a bit in the second half when KLL came on which was an obviously needed catalyst to everyone but delayed by O.G. until almost forced on him as the game was slipping away. He should have put KLL on for Stephens who was struggling, not Buckley. Then he takes off Stephens who he now realises cannot continue and brings on the defensive KFC (yes, I know). If Buckley wasn't injured he could have stayed on as we needed plenty of goals. Tactically, O.G. is certainly no Mourinho.
There certainly was entertainment provided by the tension and the last twenty minutes were quite expansive as both teams realised a draw for either was no good but you cannot say the whole game was entertaining unless sado masochism is your thing. -) Sorry, Elljam.
[quote][p][bold]elljam[/bold] wrote: Personally I thought it was the most entertaining match I've seen at the Amex this season., probably aided by the fact we HAD to get 3 points or that was it. Yeovil definitely played their part, helped by the fact they were already down so had nothing to lose & it was good to see a side prepared to come here & go blow to blow with us rather than just defend in numbers. For about 10 minutes in the first half we couldn't get out of our half & it's a shame they've been relegated because Gary Johnson has worked miracles with the budget he's got & you don't hear him whinging too much (take note Oscar). If only more games had been like this over the season regardless of results, I think more people would be going away from the Amex feeling they were getting value for money. There was definitely more urgency to our game & it was good to see us getting bodies forward even at the risk of leaving ourselves open on a few occasions. We created many good chances by playing this way so I hope it is the way forward. It was a pleasant surprise to see Orlandi back & I thought he looked class regardless of the two misses. It seems he can receive the ball in any situation & manage to retain it plus deliver some delightful passes & crosses. As for Lewis Dunk, If this guy isn't a regular starter next season then surely he will look elsewhere because every time he comes in he has an outstanding game & there must be clubs looking at him. I personally think he's good enough to play at a higher level. Let's hope results go our way this weekend.[/p][/quote]Most entertaining match this season? The first half was grimmer than an Eastenders' Omnibus. It was so boring and pedestrian even the seagulls flew off to poo on newly washed cars for excitement. Picked up a bit in the second half when KLL came on which was an obviously needed catalyst to everyone but delayed by O.G. until almost forced on him as the game was slipping away. He should have put KLL on for Stephens who was struggling, not Buckley. Then he takes off Stephens who he now realises cannot continue and brings on the defensive KFC (yes, I know). If Buckley wasn't injured he could have stayed on as we needed plenty of goals. Tactically, O.G. is certainly no Mourinho. There certainly was entertainment provided by the tension and the last twenty minutes were quite expansive as both teams realised a draw for either was no good but you cannot say the whole game was entertaining unless sado masochism is your thing. -) Sorry, Elljam. Claude Back
  • Score: -5

1:08pm Sat 26 Apr 14

elljam says...

Claude Back wrote:
elljam wrote:
Personally I thought it was the most entertaining match I've seen at the Amex this season., probably aided by the fact we HAD to get 3 points or that was it.
Yeovil definitely played their part, helped by the fact they were already down so had nothing to lose & it was good to see a side prepared to come here & go blow to blow with us rather than just defend in numbers. For about 10 minutes in the first half we couldn't get out of our half & it's a shame they've been relegated because Gary Johnson has worked miracles with the budget he's got & you don't hear him whinging too much (take note Oscar).
If only more games had been like this over the season regardless of results, I think more people would be going away from the Amex feeling they were getting value for money. There was definitely more urgency to our game & it was good to see us getting bodies forward even at the risk of leaving ourselves open on a few occasions. We created many good chances by playing this way so I hope it is the way forward.
It was a pleasant surprise to see Orlandi back & I thought he looked class regardless of the two misses. It seems he can receive the ball in any situation & manage to retain it plus deliver some delightful passes & crosses.
As for Lewis Dunk, If this guy isn't a regular starter next season then surely he will look elsewhere because every time he comes in he has an outstanding game & there must be clubs looking at him. I personally think he's good enough to play at a higher level.

Let's hope results go our way this weekend.
Most entertaining match this season?
The first half was grimmer than an Eastenders' Omnibus.
It was so boring and pedestrian even the seagulls flew off to poo on newly washed cars for excitement.
Picked up a bit in the second half when KLL came on which was an obviously needed catalyst to everyone but delayed by O.G. until almost forced on him as the game was slipping away. He should have put KLL on for Stephens who was struggling, not Buckley. Then he takes off Stephens who he now realises cannot continue and brings on the defensive KFC (yes, I know). If Buckley wasn't injured he could have stayed on as we needed plenty of goals. Tactically, O.G. is certainly no Mourinho.
There certainly was entertainment provided by the tension and the last twenty minutes were quite expansive as both teams realised a draw for either was no good but you cannot say the whole game was entertaining unless sado masochism is your thing. -) Sorry, Elljam.
Maybe after what's been served up for most of the season plus the tension of the occasion I was grateful for some form of attacking football & my feelings about the game were exaggerated.
However how many better matches have you seen at the Amex this season Claude ?
[quote][p][bold]Claude Back[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elljam[/bold] wrote: Personally I thought it was the most entertaining match I've seen at the Amex this season., probably aided by the fact we HAD to get 3 points or that was it. Yeovil definitely played their part, helped by the fact they were already down so had nothing to lose & it was good to see a side prepared to come here & go blow to blow with us rather than just defend in numbers. For about 10 minutes in the first half we couldn't get out of our half & it's a shame they've been relegated because Gary Johnson has worked miracles with the budget he's got & you don't hear him whinging too much (take note Oscar). If only more games had been like this over the season regardless of results, I think more people would be going away from the Amex feeling they were getting value for money. There was definitely more urgency to our game & it was good to see us getting bodies forward even at the risk of leaving ourselves open on a few occasions. We created many good chances by playing this way so I hope it is the way forward. It was a pleasant surprise to see Orlandi back & I thought he looked class regardless of the two misses. It seems he can receive the ball in any situation & manage to retain it plus deliver some delightful passes & crosses. As for Lewis Dunk, If this guy isn't a regular starter next season then surely he will look elsewhere because every time he comes in he has an outstanding game & there must be clubs looking at him. I personally think he's good enough to play at a higher level. Let's hope results go our way this weekend.[/p][/quote]Most entertaining match this season? The first half was grimmer than an Eastenders' Omnibus. It was so boring and pedestrian even the seagulls flew off to poo on newly washed cars for excitement. Picked up a bit in the second half when KLL came on which was an obviously needed catalyst to everyone but delayed by O.G. until almost forced on him as the game was slipping away. He should have put KLL on for Stephens who was struggling, not Buckley. Then he takes off Stephens who he now realises cannot continue and brings on the defensive KFC (yes, I know). If Buckley wasn't injured he could have stayed on as we needed plenty of goals. Tactically, O.G. is certainly no Mourinho. There certainly was entertainment provided by the tension and the last twenty minutes were quite expansive as both teams realised a draw for either was no good but you cannot say the whole game was entertaining unless sado masochism is your thing. -) Sorry, Elljam.[/p][/quote]Maybe after what's been served up for most of the season plus the tension of the occasion I was grateful for some form of attacking football & my feelings about the game were exaggerated. However how many better matches have you seen at the Amex this season Claude ? elljam
  • Score: 3

1:31pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Aldrington Halt says...

AburridoEnTrabajo wrote:
Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit.
Good points there amigo. Dunk for his age exuded confidence and Orlandi is Clearly a bonus to the side even if he missed some chances last night he was in the right place at the right time and is a creative player and reads the game well. That he's been given the game time to warm back into his boots by Oscar must mean he's been shining back in training and ergo has beaten CMS and Hoskins to the punch. Thought that Kaz and Lingard, their goals aside, showed good attacking teamwork and could be handy together come the playoffs...UTA
[quote][p][bold]AburridoEnTrabajo[/bold] wrote: Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit.[/p][/quote]Good points there amigo. Dunk for his age exuded confidence and Orlandi is Clearly a bonus to the side even if he missed some chances last night he was in the right place at the right time and is a creative player and reads the game well. That he's been given the game time to warm back into his boots by Oscar must mean he's been shining back in training and ergo has beaten CMS and Hoskins to the punch. Thought that Kaz and Lingard, their goals aside, showed good attacking teamwork and could be handy together come the playoffs...UTA Aldrington Halt
  • Score: 2

2:15pm Sat 26 Apr 14

ringtone says...

AburridoEnTrabajo wrote:
Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit.
I see what you have done with your name, its an anagram of ex pat arnie, clever.
[quote][p][bold]AburridoEnTrabajo[/bold] wrote: Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit.[/p][/quote]I see what you have done with your name, its an anagram of ex pat arnie, clever. ringtone
  • Score: 2

8:35pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Free money wrote:
ringtone wrote:
AburridoEnTrabajo wrote:
Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit.
I see what you have done with your name, its an anagram of ex pat arnie, clever.
Its so clear yet again lol
Freeloaders, I thought we had come to an understanding?
[quote][p][bold]Free money[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AburridoEnTrabajo[/bold] wrote: Dunk was superb last night - one clearance off the line, two incredible passes, a couple of very good interceptions, and generally soliid (apart from one mistake I saw). In fact defence in general was good, with both Ward and Bruno providing attacking options. Orlandi showed why he must be picked above CMS if available - he created so much more - pity he's never fit.[/p][/quote]I see what you have done with your name, its an anagram of ex pat arnie, clever.[/p][/quote]Its so clear yet again lol[/p][/quote]Freeloaders, I thought we had come to an understanding? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree