Nottingham Forest defender Greg Halford will miss his side’s last-day tussle with Albion.
Halford has been banned for three games after accepting an FA charge of violent conduct.
His place at right-back is likely to be taken by former Seagulls loanee Gonzalo Jara Reyes.
Halford can play on the right or in central defence and his absence is another blow to a Forest side struggling with a lengthy injury list.
His FA charge arose from an incident in the 4-1 defeat at Bournemouth last Saturday which ended Forest’s play-off hopes.
Jara Reyes came on as a sub against the Cherries and conceded a penalty.
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home