Albion head coach Oscar Garcia says supersub Craig Mackail-Smith deserves more game time.
He has saluted the desire of his back-up striker ahead of Derby's visit in the first leg of the play-offs on Thursday night.
Mackail-Smith came off the bench in the closing stages to set up Leo Ulloa's crucial late winner at Nottingham Forest on Saturday.
The former Peterborough marksman has made five sub appearances during an eight-match unbeaten run for the Seagulls after 13 months out with Achilles and ankle damage.
Oscar told The Argus: "I'm really, really happy with Mackail-Smith. He deserves to play much more, he is getting fitter and fitter.
"He got involved in the goal and he's an important player for us. I am very pleased to have a player like him."
- Hyypia hints at more transfer activity for Albion
- Albion loan out young striker again
- Albion boss says tackle on LuaLua could have been a leg-breaker
- Hyypia has nice problem after Albion's transfer flurry
- Albion whizz-kid reveals Gerrard's role in his move