Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Albion v Derby - remember when the Seagulls were singing in the rain?
3:00pm Thursday 8th May 2014 in Sport
It’s ana horrible wet and windy day on the Sussex coast.
Just as it was last time Albion enjoyed a win over Derby.
Ashley Barnes and Andrea Orlandi were on target in a 2-1 success at the Amex in January 2013.
But the match is perhaps best remembered for something not shown on these brief highlights - Gus Poyet’s spectacular and totally unprecedented use of the offside trap as his side defended the final free-kick of the game.
Albion took four points off the Rams last term and did the double in 2011-12 helped by a 2-0 home win memorable for a Vicente masterclass.
Right-back Inigo Calderon has done well at home to Derby. He scored two seasons ago and set up goals for Orlandi and Leo Ulloa in the last two campaigns.
- Stockdale could join the youth squads
- Trio expected to sign - and there could be more
- Grice ready to take on the best in Commonwealth final
- Lally can't quite believe she took Commonwealth bronze
- Hyypia expected more fans for Albion friendly
Comments are closed on this article.