Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Albion dream is over
Albion’s play-off dream was well and truly extinguished as they were swept aside at Derby today.
The Seagulls went down 4-1 in the second leg of their semi-final to lose 6-2 on aggregate.
Oscar Garcia’s men seemed to have made an assured start as they looked to wipe out their 2-1 defeat in the home meeting.
But their hopes were badly hit by the departure of Gordon Greer to injury and an opening Derby goal.
Will Hughes guided home an expert finish on 34 minutes to smooth the Rams’ passage to Wembley.
Realistic hopes of an unlikely Seagulls comeback took a big blow when Lee Grant blocked from the clean-through Leo Ulloa just before half-time.
Chris Martin’s close range finish on 56 minutes more or less killed off the contest.
Impressive midfielder George Thorne added a superbly volleyed third and Jeff Hendrick hit the fourth.
Kazenga LuaLua drilled a late consolation.
- Stockdale targets quick return to top flight with Albion
- New keeper Stockdale could not resist Albion's top-flight set-up
- Albion striker O'Grady glad to be fit and firing after injury
- Hyypia's fellow Finn plays part in Stockdale capture
- Albion sign Premier League keeper
Comments are closed on this article.