Chris Jordan has been included in the England one-day and T20 squads to face Sri Lanka this month.
The Sussex seamer's inclusion was no surprise after impressing in his fledgling England career so far.
There is no place for Hove colleague Luke Wright though despite his career best 189 for Sussex in their current match against Durham.
Wright had to pull out of the World Twenty20 due to a side strain but struggled for runs in the previous tours of West Indies and Australia.
England are due to play a solitary T20 international against Sri Lanka at the Oval on May 20 followed by five ODIs which precede a two Test series.
It means Jordan is likely to miss two Championship matches against Middlesex and Nottinghamshire along with the NatWest T20 Blast clash with Glamorgan.
- Albion make half-time entertainment a racing certainty
- Why this picture might be enough to help Albion guard against complacency today
- Big interview: As two more of his rivals go, why on earth does Sami Hyypia want to be a boss?
- What would YOUR Albion line-up be to beat Blackpool today?
- Albion's surprise candidate for a ban