Adam Watts has signed a contract which will keep him at Eastbourne Borough for next season.
The former Fulham centre-back is the first of 11 players offered new deals to commit himself to the club.
Manager Tommy Widdrington said: "Adam has been a model of consistency since he arrived and has grown and improved to form an outstanding partnership with skipper Ian Simpemba who is already committed til the end of the 2014-15 season."
- Duffy targets a Premier League return with Albion
- Hughton: We cannot compete with big spenders but will match them on pitch
- Albion reject fourth Burnley bid for Stephens
- Duffy says move to Albion will give him new lease of life
- Albion Analysis: Newcastle already looking good for promotion - but the Seagulls can finish second