Albion have informed first choice goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak it is unlikely he will be offered a new deal.
Fellow keeper Peter Brezovan, strikers Will Hoskins and David Rodriguez, plus midfielders Andrea Orlandi and David Lopez, who are also all out of contract, have also been released.
Albion are poised to offer new deals to Inigo Calderon, Casper Ankergren, Bruno and player of the season Matt Upson.
The Seagulls have invoked contract extension options with Kazenga LuaLua and development prospect Brennan Dickenson. His fellow under-21 squad members Grant Smith and Courtney Richards have also been released.
- Albion Analysis: Title trip-up laced with a Premier League warning
- They were more hungry for the win, says Albion striker Murray
- Walton clear for action in play-off decider
- Bruno rues missed opportunity - but title ambition lives on
- Hughton admits Albion lacked quality as another chance to clinch the title slips by