Albion have informed first choice goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak it is unlikely he will be offered a new deal.
Fellow keeper Peter Brezovan, strikers Will Hoskins and David Rodriguez, plus midfielders Andrea Orlandi and David Lopez, who are also all out of contract, have also been released.
Albion are poised to offer new deals to Inigo Calderon, Casper Ankergren, Bruno and player of the season Matt Upson.
The Seagulls have invoked contract extension options with Kazenga LuaLua and development prospect Brennan Dickenson. His fellow under-21 squad members Grant Smith and Courtney Richards have also been released.
- Albion won't go on a crazy spending spree if they reach Premier League
- Albion defender Duffy set to become key figure for club and country
- Albion prospect Connolly leads the Euro goal chart - after putting football before hurling
- Albion winger has the world at his feet
- Injuries open door for young batsmen to shine at Sussex