Tim Sherwood has revealed he has not spoken to Albion about their managerial vacancy.
The former Tottenham boss has kept a high media profile since being sacked last week and remains bookies’ favourite to take over at the Amex.
He told talkSPORT radio this morning: "I have not spoken (to Albion). I have not been offered the job.
"I've heard a lot of rumours but I'm happy to speak to any clubs. I want to stay in management.
"I want to see if the club suits me. What I don’t want to do is go into a situation where in five months' time I'm out of a job again.”
- Why this picture might be enough to help Albion guard against complacency today
- Big interview: As two more of his rivals go, why on earth does Sami Hyypia want to be a boss?
- What would YOUR Albion line-up be to beat Blackpool today?
- Albion's surprise candidate for a ban
- In the shadows - but O'Grady is working hard for his chance