Albion have snapped up Switzerland under-21 midfielder Nzuzi Toko on a free transfer.
The 23-year-old will officially sign for three years on July 1 when his deal with Swiss runners-up Grasshoppers expires.
He completed a medical at the Amex today.
Seagulls chairman Tony Bloom revealed the deal had been put in place before the season ended.
He said: "We concluded a deal to sign Toko before their season and ours had ended.
"Now that Toko has completed the season at Grasshoppers Zurich we are delighted to welcome him to Brighton and Hove Albion."
- Sorry fans! Honest Stockdale holds his hands up for 'bad decision'
- Albion denied by "one of the best"
- Albion held after Bruno breaks the goal drought
- Albion v Cardiff City - from the Amex
- Your vote, your say - how will Albion fare against Cardiff?