Albion have snapped up Switzerland under-21 midfielder Nzuzi Toko on a free transfer.
The 23-year-old will officially sign for three years on July 1 when his deal with Swiss runners-up Grasshoppers expires.
He completed a medical at the Amex today.
Seagulls chairman Tony Bloom revealed the deal had been put in place before the season ended.
He said: "We concluded a deal to sign Toko before their season and ours had ended.
"Now that Toko has completed the season at Grasshoppers Zurich we are delighted to welcome him to Brighton and Hove Albion."
- Hughton: 'Newcastle reign made me a better manager'
- Albion in perfect place to sink Newcastle and take big step towards Premier League
- Albion defending proud double record against Newcastle
- Albion old boy Orlandi recalls a special day when his slick flick helped sink Newcastle in FA Cup clash
- Praise from boss for Albion landmark midfielder