Albion have snapped up Switzerland under-21 midfielder Nzuzi Toko on a free transfer.
The 23-year-old will officially sign for three years on July 1 when his deal with Swiss runners-up Grasshoppers expires.
He completed a medical at the Amex today.
Seagulls chairman Tony Bloom revealed the deal had been put in place before the season ended.
He said: "We concluded a deal to sign Toko before their season and ours had ended.
"Now that Toko has completed the season at Grasshoppers Zurich we are delighted to welcome him to Brighton and Hove Albion."
- It's business as usual for Hyypia as Albion look to kick start season at Huddersfield
- Forget about the top six, says Calderon
- Albion boss urges players to fight to the finish
- Crawley warned they must stand up and fight
- Crawley boss labels Walsall clash a "must-win" game