Albion have snapped up Switzerland under-21 midfielder Nzuzi Toko on a free transfer.
The 23-year-old will officially sign for three years on July 1 when his deal with Swiss runners-up Grasshoppers expires.
He completed a medical at the Amex today.
Seagulls chairman Tony Bloom revealed the deal had been put in place before the season ended.
He said: "We concluded a deal to sign Toko before their season and ours had ended.
"Now that Toko has completed the season at Grasshoppers Zurich we are delighted to welcome him to Brighton and Hove Albion."
- Transfer deadline day liveblog
- Maksimenko urged to make a name for himself on loan
- Albion could be set for reunion as Oscar weighs up Watford move
- Hyypia's words of advice for Albion goal hero Dunk
- Stockdale on a high even though Albion drop points at home