Albion have turned down a major bid for Leo Ulloa, according to reports in Leicester.
The Seagulls are understood to have knocked back an offer in excess of £3million – and be asking for closer to £10million.
Foxes boss Nigel Pearson is keen to sign a strong centre-forward who can play on his own in attack and bring team mates into the play as he plans for life in the Premier League.
Ulloa would fit that bill – and scored twice against Leicester in April.
Leicester have already signed Albion’s player of the year Matt Upson on a free transfer and also have ex-Seagulls midfielder Dean Hammond in their ranks.
- Albion under threat from Fulham Kit man
- Albion stretch Halford's stay
- Albion dig in for Gardner
- Bent chose Albion over foreign shores
- Macca still sees his future at Albion