Albion have turned down a major bid for Leo Ulloa, according to reports in Leicester.
The Seagulls are understood to have knocked back an offer in excess of £3million – and be asking for closer to £10million.
Foxes boss Nigel Pearson is keen to sign a strong centre-forward who can play on his own in attack and bring team mates into the play as he plans for life in the Premier League.
Ulloa would fit that bill – and scored twice against Leicester in April.
Leicester have already signed Albion’s player of the year Matt Upson on a free transfer and also have ex-Seagulls midfielder Dean Hammond in their ranks.
- Revell wipes out Albion lead - from the Amex
- Albion v Rotherham - the last word in match previews LIVE from the Amex
- Bennett passed fit - and Ince and Colunga both start too
- Revell leads the attack as Rotherham face Seagulls
- Albion star says blame players, not the boss