Albion skipper Gordon Greer suffered late heartbreak as he won his fourth cap for Scotland last night.
The defender was left grounded as Nigeria forced a 2-2 draw in a lively friendly with the Scots at Craven Cottage.
Greer got across well to make a tackle on striker Uche Nwofor in the heart of the Scottish area as the game reached the 90-minute mark.
But he was slow to get back to his feet and paid the price when defensive sidekick Grant Hanley failed to clear.
Hanley lost the ball to Nnamdi Oduamadi and, when it went back into the middle, Greer had lost ground on Nwofor, who swept a shot past Allan McGregor.
Scotland led twice and Greer had a decent match. Hanley was at fault for Nigeria’s first equaliser as he was slow to close Michael Uchebo.
- Hyypia: I will stick to my beliefs
- Albion deserved a point, says Mackail-Smith
- Late double sinks Seagulls
- Hyypia makes FIVE changes in search of winning formula at Ipswich
- Ipswich Town v Albion from Portman Road