Albion skipper Gordon Greer suffered late heartbreak as he won his fourth cap for Scotland last night.
The defender was left grounded as Nigeria forced a 2-2 draw in a lively friendly with the Scots at Craven Cottage.
Greer got across well to make a tackle on striker Uche Nwofor in the heart of the Scottish area as the game reached the 90-minute mark.
But he was slow to get back to his feet and paid the price when defensive sidekick Grant Hanley failed to clear.
Hanley lost the ball to Nnamdi Oduamadi and, when it went back into the middle, Greer had lost ground on Nwofor, who swept a shot past Allan McGregor.
Scotland led twice and Greer had a decent match. Hanley was at fault for Nigeria’s first equaliser as he was slow to close Michael Uchebo.
- Pace ace Carayol backed to quickly win over Albion fans
- Albion sign Middlesbrough flyer
- Bloom: Why CMS had a bad deal from Poyet
- Crawley sign former Charlton defender
- Lok agrees deal to stay at Eastbourne Borough