Skipper Ed Joyce is leading the Sussex resistance as they attempt to avoid the follow-on against Nottinghamshire at Hove.
Joyce was unbeaten on 49 at tea to help Sussex reach 166-5 in reply to Nottinghamshire’s first innings total of 452 all out.
Resuming on 44-2, Nash played positively until he was tempted by a wide by from Andre Adams and was caught by Samit Patel at second slip having made 41.
Prior also looked in good nick as he bids to prove his fitness ahead of the first Test next week before he was trapped lbw by England team-mate Stuart Broad for 30.
Broad also dismissed Luke Wells and Rory Hamilton-Brown cheaply before lunch to return figures of 3-33 from his 12 overs so far.
Wright and Joyce put on 54 for the fifth wicket but Adams struck again shortly before tea when he tempted Wright into a loose shot which saw him caught behind for 23.
Sussex’s bowlers had fought back impressively in the morning to wrap up the Notts innings in just nine overs as the visitors added only 44 runs to their overnight score of 408-5.
Matt Hobden removed Patel for 156 as he finished with figures of 3-100 on his Championship debut while Steve Magoffin (4-110) picked up the other four wickets to fall to ensure Sussex claimed maximum bowling points.
- Record buy Duffy has been great value says Albion boss
- Knockaert issues catch us if you can challenge to closest rivals
- Bruno always kept faith - playing for his best manager and that exotic 4-4-2
- Double injury boost for Albion for the promotion run-in
- Albion need 11 leaders to achieve dream, says skipper Bruno