Former Bastia and Le Havre coach Frederic Hantz is thought to be a contender for the Albion manager’s job.
The 48-year-old Frenchman came from nowhere in the betting to be second favourite behind Sami Hyypia to take over at the Amex.
Hantz was reported to be considering a two-year deal with Reims earlier this week, along with assists Reginald Ray.
But he is not expected to make a final decision until the weekend or early next week Hantz recently left Bastia, who he took from third tier to first before keeping them in the top flight for two seasons.
He turned down a new deal after being told by the Corsican club his fitness coach and attacking coach were not being kept on.
Hantz had been eyed by Reims as a replacement for Hubert Fournier, who is taking over at Lyon, but is believed to be willing to consider other options.
- Record buy Duffy has been great value says Albion boss
- Knockaert issues catch us if you can challenge to closest rivals
- Bruno always kept faith - playing for his best manager and that exotic 4-4-2
- Double injury boost for Albion for the promotion run-in
- Albion need 11 leaders to achieve dream, says skipper Bruno