Former Bastia and Le Havre coach Frederic Hantz is thought to be a contender for the Albion manager’s job.
The 48-year-old Frenchman came from nowhere in the betting to be second favourite behind Sami Hyypia to take over at the Amex.
Hantz was reported to be considering a two-year deal with Reims earlier this week, along with assists Reginald Ray.
But he is not expected to make a final decision until the weekend or early next week Hantz recently left Bastia, who he took from third tier to first before keeping them in the top flight for two seasons.
He turned down a new deal after being told by the Corsican club his fitness coach and attacking coach were not being kept on.
Hantz had been eyed by Reims as a replacement for Hubert Fournier, who is taking over at Lyon, but is believed to be willing to consider other options.
- No more South Coast rivalry for Albion with Bournemouth going up
- Midfield pair offer Albion hope for next season
- Albion Analysis: A chink of light amid an awful season
- Sussex given a taste of their own medicine
- Forster-Caskey targets place in England under-21s squad