Former Bastia and Le Havre coach Frederic Hantz is thought to be a contender for the Albion manager’s job.
The 48-year-old Frenchman came from nowhere in the betting to be second favourite behind Sami Hyypia to take over at the Amex.
Hantz was reported to be considering a two-year deal with Reims earlier this week, along with assists Reginald Ray.
But he is not expected to make a final decision until the weekend or early next week Hantz recently left Bastia, who he took from third tier to first before keeping them in the top flight for two seasons.
He turned down a new deal after being told by the Corsican club his fitness coach and attacking coach were not being kept on.
Hantz had been eyed by Reims as a replacement for Hubert Fournier, who is taking over at Lyon, but is believed to be willing to consider other options.
- Baldock, Murphy, Knockaert score as Albion go top. Now see how it happened
- Albion boss displays faith in Chelsea youngster
- Duffy scents chance to put rivals' noses out of joint
- Albion are the old heads of the Championship - but younger players know the ropes too
- Don't do it again, Knockaert tells the man who crocked Rosenior