French side Reims are waiting on Albion’s big managerial decision – so they can appoint their own boss.
The Seagulls have spoken to experienced French coach Frédéric Hantz and former Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia as they seek a successor to Oscar Garcia.
Top-flight Reims are ready to hand over their first-team reins to Hantz if he does not end up at the Amex.
Meanwhile Hyypia has revealed he has been contacted by other clubs but, in a brief interview in Finland, confirmed positive talks with Albion.
He said: “Discussions are continuing in a good spirit. Let’s see where they lead.”
Top men from Football League clubs are currently in Portugal for their annual meeting.
Meanwhile Albion will host Southampton in their only friendly at the Amex this summer.
The South Coast sides meet on Thursday, July 31 (7.45pm).
- Kayal is aiming for the top with Albion
- Hughton happy with his business in transfer window
- Albion seal Kayal deal with visa
- Albion boss reveals O'Grady is going nowhere
- Teixeira admits he can't always be first choice